Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 20/01/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Does anyone agree with me that 29" is not petite ? I'm 5'7 but like to wear my trousers at ankle length so always plump for petite, which is generally 27" - well it is in other top brands I've bought.

Being a shorty - just over 5'1" - I wholeheartedly agree with you that 29" is not petite. I bought some Quacker Factory which were 29" and sold as petite but I had to take them up. The only ones I have bought that are true petite - which I think is 27" - is Denim and Co and they are just right.

Does anyone agree with me that 29" is not petite ? I'm 5'7 but like to wear my trousers at ankle length so always plump for petite, which is generally 27" - well it is in other top brands I've bought.

Yes I was going to post this. I measured my M&S Autograph jeans in regular and they are just on 28" very strange.
Maybe they think Petite means long legs very short body:dull:

Petite fitting refers to accommodations in the torso as well as the limbs; it doesn't necessarily follow that petite trousers will have short legs.

I am 5'4" tall and need an inside leg of 29" and that usually means a regular size in many ranges not petite!

There's a lot of disparity it seems with what is classed as petite, regular and long. For years I've worn the Gaudier brand of jeans at 27" but its become a hard to get brand now. I have noticed however that many 'catalogues' particularly the continental ones like Madeleine and Peter Hahn, have a great selection of trousers/jeans in a good selection of sizes, albeit a tad more expensive.

There's a lot of disparity it seems with what is classed as petite, regular and long. For years I've worn the Gaudier brand of jeans at 27" but its become a hard to get brand now. I have noticed however that many 'catalogues' particularly the continental ones like Madeleine and Peter Hahn, have a great selection of trousers/jeans in a good selection of sizes, albeit a tad more expensive.

I have always intended to try the German makes from Peter Hahn although much more expensive I don’t mind paying if the quality & fit is good.I generally like the German brands just usually they tend to be a straighter fit between hip & waist but they do offer styles with a more generous thigh fit.Their colour ranges really appeal to me..

I ordered a pair to see what they are like. I am 5.5 and going by the leg length ordered petite/14 they are ok for me but anyone shorter and they will probably have to take them up. Quality is ok but not fantastic denim on the thin side and no real stretch in the waist.

Latest posts

Back