Is creepy crawley an ordinary presenter now?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
He was on this morning with the leg machine at a wonderful sale price which was the same price it's been since they first started selling it!!!! but he seems to be demonstrating everything lately where as before he was supposed to be a brand ambassador or expert or so he was introduced, cannot get out of my mind when he was selling crystal vases and bowls and he had white linen gloves on and was picking them up so delicately and they were only about £20 each, really creepy. Eurgh yuk.

He was on this morning with the leg machine at a wonderful sale price which was the same price it's been since they first started selling it!!!! but he seems to be demonstrating everything lately where as before he was supposed to be a brand ambassador or expert or so he was introduced, cannot get out of my mind when he was selling crystal vases and bowls and he had white linen gloves on and was picking them up so delicately and they were only about £20 each, really creepy. Eurgh yuk.

Indeed Susie, I didn’t see the ‘show’ you watched but unfortunately I did see him presenting a Raquel Welch Wig ‘show’ recently. I also saw JUKEBOX JANICE presenting too.

Maybe it’s just for Christmas cover? However, as the pair of them are so very well versed in Ideal World BS’ing that presenting is a cake walk for them.

The sale is shat (as usual). From antique iPads, jalopy Phones with 100 ‘free’ extras and crappy little Cameras, guess what?

They’re all the same ripoff price as last week! :down:

I saw him a few weeks ago, the 'expert' turned presenter, on with another 'expert' and they were congratulating him and he said he was very nervous

I haven't seen Paul Ross for ages, maybe he's had his spot?

This should bring back some wonderful memories... cra3.jpg

Season's greetings to everyone :handshake:

Indeed Susie, I didn’t see the ‘show’ you watched but unfortunately I did see him presenting a Raquel Welch Wig ‘show’ recently. I also saw JUKEBOX JANICE presenting too.

Maybe it’s just for Christmas cover? However, as the pair of them are so very well versed in Ideal World BS’ing that presenting is a cake walk for them.

The sale is shat (as usual). From antique iPads, jalopy Phones with 100 ‘free’ extras and crappy little Cameras, guess what?

They’re all the same ripoff price as last week! :down:

Call me old-fashioned, but aren't sales supposed to be cheaper than normal prices? Yeah, silly I know...

While I am not suggesting that IW are in danger of going out of business (I simply don't know if that is the case or not), it does remind me of the weeks leading up to the demise of bid/price drop, where all the assistants were suddenly put in presenting positions where the established presenters were not going to work for free.

edit: it is more likely that they are just filling in for xmas hols etc (as said above)

While I am not suggesting that IW are in danger of going out of business (I simply don't know if that is the case or not), it does remind me of the weeks leading up to the demise of bid/price drop, where all the assistants were suddenly put in presenting positions where the established presenters were not going to work for free.

edit: it is more likely that they are just filling in for xmas hols etc (as said above)
Ideal World on TV now seem to be principally selling the same few products on rotation even if they do have a much wider selection online, plus their prices haven't dropped noticeably for a post-Christmas 'sale' either; this does tend to suggest that they either can't afford to drop their prices and/or alter their product mix for fear of losing money. However they could go on like this for some considerable time, though Create and Craft may not be a saviour for them either (another crafting TV channel went bust not so long ago).

Ideal World on TV now seem to be principally selling the same few products on rotation even if they do have a much wider selection online, plus their prices haven't dropped noticeably for a post-Christmas 'sale' either; this does tend to suggest that they either can't afford to drop their prices and/or alter their product mix for fear of losing money. However they could go on like this for some considerable time, though Create and Craft may not be a saviour for them either (another crafting TV channel went bust not so long ago).

I think the companies they represent pay them for putting their products on tv... this is possibly the bulk of their income. Especially the watch shows etc, as they cannot sell many of those watches... but they are on a lot.

[ QUOTE mr tom;913189]I think the companies they represent pay them for putting their products on tv... this is possibly the bulk of their income. Especially the watch shows etc, as they cannot sell many of those watches... but they are on a lot.[/QUOTE]

These wonderful watches are on a lot because they are best sellers.Pete tells us the collectors buy them all up so we need to hurry up and 'Just Buyyyyyyyyy'.(on Flexipay 1st of 3 payments-when he remembers that essential bit of info') I have never managed to get one.So sad!!!!!

Last edited:

The white gloves made me laugh so much.As if they were handling priceless museum pieces.The other thing that I find hilarious is the 'sophisticated' piano music in the background during the watch shows.

[ QUOTE mr tom;913189]I think the companies they represent pay them for putting their products on tv... this is possibly the bulk of their income. Especially the watch shows etc, as they cannot sell many of those watches... but they are on a lot.

These wonderful watches are on a lot because they are best sellers.Pete tells us the collectors buy them all up so we need to hurry up and 'Just Buyyyyyyyyy'.(on Flexipay 1st of 3 payments-when he remembers that essential bit of info') I have never managed to get one.So sad!!!!![/QUOTE]

I suspect if you phoned their call centre they would be shocked that a real human wants to buy one.

Latest posts

Back