Misinformation!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Craig has just said the high street only do exchanges and credit notes no refunds!!
In my experience this is simply not true How do they get away with it??

Craig has just said the high street only do exchanges and credit notes no refunds!!
In my experience this is simply not true How do they get away with it??

Did he mean sale items? I think a lot of shops only do credit notes for returned sale items? Or maybe that was years ago - can't remember the last time I returned something I'd bought in a sale.

I have bought clothes in M&S sale and they have the priced dropped down to the lowest they go. When I took to the till was told as it was the end of stock item to make sure it fitted before buying as I could not return. I always do go to the changing rooms for these anyway. Otherwise I know they do take sales items back as it will say on the receipt the last date to return even on sales items.

I work in a chain store on the DHS and we give refunds on anything, sale items included provided they are returned in 'as bought' condition on production of a valid receipt within 28 days of the date of the purchase, if the receipt has been lost we will exchange or give a refund onto a gift card.

I am getting really angry at the way QVC presenters constantly slate high street shopping while standing there being economical with the truth and saying that 'you can get this home for just £30' glossing over the small matter that £30 is the first of four easy payments and the piece of tat they are flogging actually costs £120 plus not mentioning the £5.95 P&P at all!

I work in a chain store on the DHS and we give refunds on anything, sale items included provided they are returned in 'as bought' condition on production of a valid receipt within 28 days of the date of the purchase, if the receipt has been lost we will exchange or give a refund onto a gift card.

I am getting really angry at the way QVC presenters constantly slate high street shopping while standing there being economical with the truth and saying that 'you can get this home for just £30' glossing over the small matter that £30 is the first of four easy payments and the piece of tat they are flogging actually costs £120 plus not mentioning the £5.95 P&P at all!

I agree, QVC must be getting desperate now, what with their money off promotions and continued slagging off of the DHS, what Craig fails to mention is Amazon, eBay and the thousands upon thousands of internet shops, where most of us do our shopping now, will give us our money back, yes, even on sale items. He's obviously taking his sales techniques from DHS hating Chuntley mixed with his best mate Debbie Flints rock hard sell, it really does insult our intelligence.

I am certain none of the major retailers give credit notes any more. Maybe independent small shops do but I can't recall ever getting one in the last 10 years from any big store

I don’t suppose any single chain of stores could take the risk of a ‘credit note only’ returns policy nowadays, too much competition everywhere. There probably are some exceptions but they would be ‘exceptional’.

Off topic now but only slightly. I ordered some storage boxes on-line from The Range last night at 10.02pm. I chose to pay £4.95 for delivery today. At 8am this morning they sent a text advising a 2 hour delivery time slot. It’s just arrived - 3 minutes into it.

In the words of Ruth Langford and Amanda Holden - QVC better think again.

I am certain none of the major retailers give credit notes any more. Maybe independent small shops do but I can't recall ever getting one in the last 10 years from any big store
I got one, it's called something else but is the equivalent, from M & S when I went one day over the last return date for something. It was valid for a year and you can use part of the value and get a new voucher for the remaining value as "change". I thought it was very reasonable. I agree though for a normal return you just get a refund.

Marks sales items are returnable for 2 weeks at present, as each week goes by the return date reduces until there is no return. The girls on till ALWAYS tell you and the non returnable have a big mark on the sewn in label.

At any time of the year if you don’t have a receipt you get a credit note.

Ps was very disappointed in marks sale this year - normally they have very current items in sale this year most of it was summer left overs - and I do mean left overs. At least this year I didn’t moan that I had just bought it 2 weeks ago full price and then it was brand new just in stock.

Pippa and Chloe are on together now screaming over each other like banshees and needless to say DHS are being slated left right and centre.

After much screaming over a Kelly Hoppen locket it was finally agreed that it was ONE chain and 2 stone lockets.

At the end of the presentation Chloe spouts “brilliant value - keep one and give one away” WTF.? who gets the chain? God but I hate it when they open their mouth with nil regard to the nonsense that comes out.

Marks sales items are returnable for 2 weeks at present, as each week goes by the return date reduces until there is no return. The girls on till ALWAYS tell you and the non returnable have a big mark on the sewn in label.

At any time of the year if you don’t have a receipt you get a credit note.

Ps was very disappointed in marks sale this year - normally they have very current items in sale this year most of it was summer left overs - and I do mean left overs. At least this year I didn’t moan that I had just bought it 2 weeks ago full price and then it was brand new just in stock.

Agree with their sale. I bought a pair of boots a few months back and really like them. Thought they would be in the sale for sure, no still full price. Will have to wait until the summer sale no doubt.

The only misinformation is how Craig is of the belief he's so wonderful. The way he keeps looking at the monitor at himself and each word is accompanied by him waving his sodding hands about.

It always makes me laugh how QVC tries to paint the picture of the High Street as being the lowest of the low. Well I LOVE the High Street. I like Savers for vitamins. toiletries and household things. I love pound shops, I love Holland & Barrett, I love Lidl and Asda. I love my local foreign shops that sell amazing fruits and vegetables and have really nice friendly staff in them. I think this forum has proved time and time again that QVC is overpriced and living in Cuckooland. I really believe QVC is living on borrowed time. Probably Craig has become indoctrinated with the QVC ethos.

I used to like Q fashion (ducks her head down) when it was impossible to get larger sizes on the High Street. But now there are wonderful online stores that stocks larger fashion for reasonable prices, so there's far more choice. Q relies heavily on the parent company in the US and are dictated by what dross they send over from their designers over there. They are now way behind the times. 20 odd years ago the core audience of ladies were of an age that probably wore that sort of fashion, but we've all become much more fashion savvy, so the 60 year old of 20 years ago are light years away from the 60 year old of today, but Q hasn't grasped that fact. Today's 60 year old will shop in High Street's Zara rather than deck out in Attitudes by Renee or the lacy glitter of Michele Hope.

I bought the MIL a ( full price) jumper from Roman the week before Christmas and was told it could be exchanged but no refund ? Good job she liked it!

Exactly! I’m 53 but wouldn’t be seen dead in most of Q’s ‘fashion’ I do like some of Join or YK but their ridiculous prices make them a no-no. Thirty years ago someone of my age would have worn the nasty offerings of Michele Hope and Kim but I wouldn’t be seen dead in either!

I agree! I’m 53 and quite like some of Join and YKstuff but wouldn’t be seen dead in Michele Hope or Kim Mendelson whereas they were ideal for the 53 year old thirty years ago! Don’t they think that whilst we don’t want to look like mutton dressed as lamb, something from this century would be good!?

Yes, Join is one of the rare brands that are 'of our time' and can be worn by all ages, but the prices are ridiculous, and I've found similar styles on line for a fraction of the cost. But I'm glad my observations about our age group of now (jeez I'll be 70 in 2018 how did THAT happen ???) will not be shoved into woolly cardis, dressed up as 'boyfriend', as my age group 25-30 years ago had a different outlook, if they had one, on fashion.

Latest posts

Back