Ecoegg TSV 24/01/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ecoegg 16 Fresher for Longer Discs with 2 Holders
Item Number: 807097
QVC Price £18.00
Todays Special Value Price £12.96
P&P £2.95

This set of 16 Fresher for Longer discs and two holders from Ecoegg is designed to help your fruit and vegetables stay fresher for longer, by absorbing gas which can cause your produce to go off. Pop them in your fridge, fruit bowl, lunch box, and cool box, and help your healthy food keep fresh!

*A great saving: if you were to buy these directly from Ecoegg you’d pay £34.95. So to get them for our Today's Special Value price of only £12.96, plus P&P, is a fantastic saving of £19.04.

Stop the cycle - as your fruit and veg starts to go off, ethylene gas is released. However this same gas is the very reason the produce goes off, so it's a vicious cycle. The discs absorb the gas and therefore slow down the decaying process, keeping your food going for that bit longer.

The gift of time - by helping to extend the life of your fruit and vegetables, you get a bigger window to eat it all up. This is perfect if you're trying to eat healthier, save money, or cut down on waste.

Hold your discs up - the holders included can be used in four different ways: free-standing using the suction cup at the base, hung on the internal fridge wall using the suction cup at the back, hung over the side of a crisper drawer, or hung from a rack or shelf using the specially designed clip.

What's in the box?

16 x Fresher for Longer discs (diameter x width): 9cm x 0.6cm (3.5" x 0.2")
2 x white disc holders (l x w): 12cm x 9cm (4.7" x 3.5")
2 x white disc holder clips (l x w): 6cm x 1cm (2.4" x 0.4")
2 x suction cups (diameter) 3cm (1.2")
1 x instruction leaflet

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.807097

I'm not ordering as I still have some left after the last time they aired, but they do work effectively in case anyone is umming and ahhing about whether to try them. The Ecoegg stain remover is not a product that I'd recommend though because it does nothing in my experience, despite the demonstrations that showed it getting rid of stains.

I'm not ordering as I still have some left after the last time they aired, but they do work effectively in case anyone is umming and ahhing about whether to try them. The Ecoegg stain remover is not a product that I'd recommend though because it does nothing in my experience, despite the demonstrations that showed it getting rid of stains.

I bought the last TSV too and agree the discs help prolong the life of fresh fruit & veg. Like you, I've got a few left so I was wondering about shelf life if unopened - will they still be effective nearly a year later?

I'm super annoyed by these fresher for longer discs. I bought them the last time they were a TSV and pretty much wasted them all. The reason being that each one I tried didn't work at all. I then experimented trying with fruit bought one week with, and then next week without, and there wasn't a single bit of difference. The fruit still started to go off after 3 or 4 days. Strawberries were especially bad.

I even contacted Ecoegg to ask if maybe there was something wrong with the discs. Amazingly, their reply was "well, with fruit, it has already started to deteriorate when you buy it." Yeah no kidding...that's why I bought them! :mysmilie_10:

Looking on QVc's website and Amazon, I'm not alone. For each person saying they work, there is another saying they didn't make a blind bit of difference.

Latest posts

Back