Raging hump

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tarketta

Registered Shopper
Just in case people aren't aware, the so-called 'award-winning 24 hour customer care' is a load of BS - I called at 6:30am today (more of that later) to be told that only the ordering line is open 24 hours, the customer care line closes at 1:30am and re-opens at 7am.

The reason why I called is because I discovered to my horror that just because I directed one order to my Dad's address, the 'tick box for usual delivery and payment options' actually just reverts to whatever you used before, vs any 'default' options and so I've now sent about 4 orders to my Dad's address in Norwich. The ever so helpful person on the phone (when I called back after 7am) asked if I could pick them up from there...I'm in London...grrrr.

So basically they can't even introduce a titchy bit of code to enable you to select an address as a default and thereby ensure that ticking the damn box means it actually gets sent to the correct address. So annoyed!

That's a right pain! This happened to me as well with some bulbs I ordered and were then sent to my mum. She lives 2.5 hours away so no way could I get them. It wasn't a huge disaster as she just planted them but it is very annoying.

Happened to me with Paypal as well where it defaulted to my previous address, despite my new address being my preferred option, which was very inconvenient as the goods just "disappeared". I have deleted all other addresses from all online accounts so it won't happen again.

CC

That's a right pain! This happened to me as well with some bulbs I ordered and were then sent to my mum. She lives 2.5 hours away so no way could I get them. It wasn't a huge disaster as she just planted them but it is very annoying.

Happened to me with Paypal as well where it defaulted to my previous address, despite my new address being my preferred option, which was very inconvenient as the goods just "disappeared". I have deleted all other addresses from all online accounts so it won't happen again.

CC

Thanks CC, I really needed to vent...but I do accept I should have checked the delivery address before hitting confirm, especially as this is Q and one should never 'assume' with Q :mysmilie_17:

I was staying with a friend TEN years ago, and had one delivery sent there.

That address is still there every time I order anything, so I have to be very careful. She doesn't even live there any more!

I've tried several times to delete it but can't find a way.

EDIT - - there is a chance that this is on Amazon, not QVC, but I can't check which at the moment.

I was staying with a friend TEN years ago, and had one delivery sent there.

That address is still there every time I order anything, so I have to be very careful. She doesn't even live there any more!

I've tried several times to delete it but can't find a way.

EDIT - - there is a chance that this is on Amazon, not QVC, but I can't check which at the moment.

I noticed on Amazon that every address I had ever used (old offices, friends and family members, etc) were still in my account profile and recently culled them, along with old credit card details. I can't quite remember how without looking but if you are talking about Amazon and still struggling to get rid of the addresses you don't need, I'll revisit it for you.

Thanks CC, I really needed to vent...but I do accept I should have checked the delivery address before hitting confirm, especially as this is Q and one should never 'assume' with Q :mysmilie_17:

Sorry to hear of the massive inconvenience with your deliveries, Tarketta. It could quite easily happen to any of us. If it's any consolation, you've made me more aware and more likely to check everything carefully before pressing Confirm Order from now on, so I thank you.

I'm feeling so sorry for you, I'm not even going to tell you off for placing the four orders. Besides, it's Christmastime.

Before I closed my account four years ago, I noticed that you were having to wait longer and longer on the phone for someone to answer it, then I found out they let a lot of call centre staff go, and now it's not a 24hr call centre anymore? Yes QVC are definitely struggling, I suppose outdated retail practices do that to a company.

Before I closed my account four years ago, I noticed that you were having to wait longer and longer on the phone for someone to answer it, then I found out they let a lot of call centre staff go, and now it's not a 24hr call centre anymore? Yes QVC are definitely struggling, I suppose outdated retail practices do that to a company.

Agreed. I don't call as often as I used to, having cut right down on my Q purchases, but I have definitely noticed the last few times when I have called, I am on hold for far, far longer than I used to be.

I always think they must be struggling too, shopperholic, but their reported figures say they are not doing too badly. Clearly your 100% reduction in purchases and my 90% have not affected them one iota!

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northwest/qvc-uks-turnover-climbs-to-485m

Agreed. I don't call as often as I used to, having cut right down on my Q purchases, but I have definitely noticed the last few times when I have called, I am on hold for far, far longer than I used to be.

I remember in the old days they used to constantly stress that there's someone there 24 hours a day to take your call, but haven't heard them say it for while now, come to think of it, I haven't heard them praise themselves much lately except for the 30 day mbg, and that's no great shakes as most company's offer it, if they want to survive they really need to up their game.

I always think they must be struggling too, shopperholic, but their reported figures say they are not doing too badly. Clearly your 100% reduction in purchases and my 90% have not affected them one iota!

But you have to wonder how great a proportion of their sales are 1-off sales, rather than repeat purchases. When they recruit new customers are they going on to become loyal customers making a high number of repeat purchases, as many of us once did?

This year only 1 item I bought as a Christmas gift from QVC.... That's down on previous years where I topped up with unnecessary extras. I have found good value and choice by shopping in real shops or on other websites. In no case except QVC have I had to fork out delivery charges, and everything I ordered on free p&p arrived quicker than what I bought from QVC.

QVC may still be doing the numbers they need to, but I suspect that it is becoming more and more of a struggle. It has to be at the root of the bizarrely inconsistent and illogical p&p charges - they serve as the bastion of QVC profit margin, surely? The reductions on many of the goods are a scant reduction on the high street or rival website prices... and in many cases they are not cheaper at all.

As folks become savvier and savvier about their shopping, they are comparing prices and factoring in p&p. The 30 day MBG is becoming more of an albatross around their neck than an advantage in most scenarios. It only serves as an attraction when you are looking to spend a significant amount of money on something you are unsure about.

There is less "free" money in the system as we all tighten our belts, and inflation rises, so the majority of us will become more rigorous in asking whether we need the item rather than wanting it... and then if we truly can afford it... and is the price the best we can get it for. QVC do not appear to have made any effort to respond to changing consumer behaviour. On no platform (tv, internet, social media, phone etc) do they seem to have grasped the fact that shoppers expectations have fundamentally changed.

:mysmilie_17: no, obviously not. :mysmilie_17: There'll always be people who shop with QVC but the new (and old) zavvy shoppers will return less and less if they don't reduce the items and the p&p, but of course people will have to pay for the "free" phone number and overheads then, so it's swings and roundabouts I suppose. Trustpilot have them down as "Bad" (one star) so who knows........who cares? :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

But you have to wonder how great a proportion of their sales are 1-off sales, rather than repeat purchases. When they recruit new customers are they going on to become loyal customers making a high number of repeat purchases, as many of us once did?

This year only 1 item I bought as a Christmas gift from QVC.... That's down on previous years where I topped up with unnecessary extras. I have found good value and choice by shopping in real shops or on other websites. In no case except QVC have I had to fork out delivery charges, and everything I ordered on free p&p arrived quicker than what I bought from QVC.

QVC may still be doing the numbers they need to, but I suspect that it is becoming more and more of a struggle. It has to be at the root of the bizarrely inconsistent and illogical p&p charges - they serve as the bastion of QVC profit margin, surely? The reductions on many of the goods are a scant reduction on the high street or rival website prices... and in many cases they are not cheaper at all.

As folks become savvier and savvier about their shopping, they are comparing prices and factoring in p&p. The 30 day MBG is becoming more of an albatross around their neck than an advantage in most scenarios. It only serves as an attraction when you are looking to spend a significant amount of money on something you are unsure about.

There is less "free" money in the system as we all tighten our belts, and inflation rises, so the majority of us will become more rigorous in asking whether we need the item rather than wanting it... and then if we truly can afford it... and is the price the best we can get it for. QVC do not appear to have made any effort to respond to changing consumer behaviour. On no platform (tv, internet, social media, phone etc) do they seem to have grasped the fact that shoppers expectations have fundamentally changed.

We typed almost the same thing at the same time.........great minds May. :mysmilie_3:

We typed almost the same thing at the same time.........great minds May. :mysmilie_3:

:mysmilie_8:
And what they always say about people (and maybe companies) with a problem - they can't be helped unless they admit they have a problem and want to be helped. Can't see QVC admitting that they have issues that need addressing any time soon.

:mysmilie_8:
And what they always say about people (and maybe companies) with a problem - they can't be helped unless they admit they have a problem and want to be helped. Can't see QVC admitting that they have issues that need addressing any time soon.

You can see QVC in Jurassic Park selling dodgy second hand returns in the background, that's how prehistoric they are.

I totally agree about the new customers who will probably rarely repeat purchase, the money off for new customers tell you all you need to know - that is where they are focusing now.

Apart from beauty I can’t see anyone young buying from Q and us old customers are fast comming to conclusion that we generally don’t need more “stuff” and certainly not from Q.

I sometimes see something in clearance I might be interested in but the reduction is minuscule and the postage off the wall so don’t bother. Hearing about the 10quid off the clearance I thought maybe this could be for me. However you had to buy 3 items within a very short timescale, the 10 was then sent to you towards your next purchase to be made before end of January. Guess what, the postage on the clearance items has increased so technically the 10 quid is devalued. I assume if you have to return anything the tenner never materialises.

Other stores give you sales discounts without having to buy 3 items at once.

I too have bought far lees this year than I used too. Main reason being the prohibitive p+p to Spain and having to wait over 3weeks for the item to arrive or not. If not, the hassle of the non receipt letter which finally they now email me. My new year resolution is to STOP buying bu not sure how long that will last!!

Latest posts

Back