Nina Leonard Fashion Designs TSV 26/01/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looks similar to some of the Ideal World dresses. Even though I'm only 5 foot nothing this is too short going into Spring. At a pinch I'd wear it with thick tights in the Winter but the dare I say it "fabrication" looks cheap and flimsy so I won't be tempted. Also the neckline is too high for my boobage!

Yes, I agree, very like the IW dress that I have a few of. The IW one is really slimming when you have it on and washes and dries a dream. I never paid more than £12.99 for any of them. Also the Nina Leonard one looks like a very cheap version of the Marla Wynn balloon dress.

CC

Long Sleeve Dress with Elasticated Hem & Front Pockets by Nina Leonard
Item Number: 169900
QVC Price £44.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.98
P&P £3.95

A long-sleeved dress from Nina Leonard featuring slot pockets at the hips and an elasticated hemline that creates a flattering, gathered shape at the skirt. You'll be amazed at the versatility of this dress; with a simple switch of accessories and make-up you can style this dress for anything from a day at work to an evening out.

Day to night - we recommend teaming this piece with opaque tights and ankle boots for a day out shopping, then simply swap the boots for classic court heels and a bold pendant necklace to really dress up the look.

Choose your colour - there are some wonderful options in the mix to help your wardrobe transition between seasons, such as Light Rouge, Deep Sea and Grape. If you're a fan of keeping things classic, why not opt for Black, Sage or Dark Olive.

Round neckline
Princess seam detail
95% polyester, 5% elastane
Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

Light Rouge
Deep Sea
Black
Sage
Dark Olive
Grape

Garment measurements:

Chest: XS: 81.3cm (32"), S: 86.4cm (34"), M: 91.4cm (36"), L: 96.5cm (38"), XL: 104.1cm (41"), 2XL: 121.9cm (48"), 3XL: 132.1cm (52")
Hips: XS: 88.9cm (35"), S: 94cm (37"), M: 99.1cm (39"), L: 104.1cm (41"), XL: 111.8cm (44"), 2XL: 129.5cm (51"), 3XL: 139.7cm (55")
Length: XS: 96.5cm (38"), S: 97.8cm (38.5"), M: 99.1cm (39"), L: 100.3cm (39.5"), XL: 101.6cm (40"), 2XL: 104.1cm (41"), 3XL: 105.4cm (41.5")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.169900

So far I haven't seen any pegs pinching in Jill's tsv dress Think this is a first as everything is usually too big for her !!

Most unflattering on the plus size model, particularly from the rear. Those knees should be covered. No wish to body shame, as I am the first to admit I am obese myself, but the BA's get up does nothing to inspire me either.

Erm, message for the NL guest, I don't know about her country but if your partner bought you this dress, rolled up with a little note saying, and I quote her, "I want you to look your best" then the partner would then swiftly become the ex partner.

So far I haven't seen any pegs pinching in Jill's tsv dress Think this is a first as everything is usually too big for her !!

She mentioned a couple of times how pleased she was that the dress was available in extra small, to fit size 6 to 8. She looks lovely in it.

The guest said she thinks the dress is "slimming". I don't agree. IMO larger women need to be much more careful to select the right style for their bodies and this dress just does nothing for her or the plus size model Sophie.

The guest said she thinks the dress is "slimming". I don't agree. IMO larger women need to be much more careful to select the right style for their bodies and this dress just does nothing for her or the plus size model Sophie.

I agree with you, doesn't do them any favours, and the sludge green on the guest made it worse

I`m 5ft 10 in bare feet, take a size 16/18 in dresses, am in my mid 60`s and if someone even buried me in this monstrosity of a dress , then I would come back and haunt them. It`s hideous on everybody bar the tiniest slimmest models. On us taller gals it would barely cover our wotnot and our thing ma jig, not to mention would show every lump bump and bra outline.

It looked great on Pipa, Jackie and Jill F - all very slim but not so good on the guest. I've been watching IW who have been showing the Nicole one that is similar and the Irish presenter who used to guest fashion on QVC has been wearing it and looks good - she often says she is 16/18.

I agree that Jill looked good in the black option, unfortunately I don't think the models & Cate did. To use 'Glen speak' I like the concept of this style of dress & I have two similar ones from eBay. They were called the 100% dress because they suit everyone, they also don't need ironing & even look good as a long tunic with jeans. The downside is the fabric, same composition as the TSV, which doesn't suit a woman who gets warm on a regular basis. Over the years I've bought a fair amount of clothing from the Q & those purchases were always considered, not hasty, so I've been happy with nearly all of them. It would take something really special to tempt me to part with my pension these days.

I DID send for this dress - I'm a sucker for pockets. I sent for 2 - black and sage, and the difference in sizing was unbelievable, the black version was of a slightly 'thicker' fabric and sat on the knee, the sage was much 'thinner' material, tended to be roomier overall, and came about 3 inches below the knee ! both had the same 2xl labels; and both had arms that were the length of an orang-utan. How the models always get the exact length for their arms is beyond me. The juries out whether I'll keep them, but clearly cant be worn without 4" taken off the sleeves. The dress in itself looks ok, particularly the black worn with opaque tights.

If the sage dress has a thinner material you will probably get more wear out of it in warmer weather and it could look totally different with sandals, maybe? The sleeve length is easy to adjust if you really like the dress and can't stretch your arms like Kenny Everett used to do...longer and longer until they touched the floor.
If in doubt though, get your money back.

Latest posts

Back