Elemis TSV 3/02/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The whole beauty industry is bamboozling but that is the name of the game to bag as much cash as poss.I have used Elemis in the past (& liked some of the products) but the expense of all this layering became too much.Of course they are not alone in this approach but now I have go to a much simpler regime. Being on a pension has had some influence but really I got sick of it all.I was a sucker for the next ‘wonder’ that was going to revolutionize my skin/ hair/ makeup -now I feel liberated— not that I stop looking though!

I can`t make head nor tail of these newly invented skincare routines and tongue twisting so called new ingredients many of them boast about. Skin is naturally waterproof otherwise we`d drown every time we had a shower and skin is very limited as to how much of anything it can absorb so all this layering of product after product surely can`t be doing any real good ? By all means we keep our skin clean and moisturised but once again surely too much cleansing must be stripping our skin of its natural defences, upsetting the balance and making it more prone to either dryness or oiliness ?
I like to keep things simple, mainly because I can`t be bothered with all the hype let alone the cost and I clean my skin, keep it moisturised and try to stay out of the Sun as much as possible. My weekly break from that routine is a face mask. I use basic simple products and I don`t expect miracles.

Would doctors really have a conversation about something like that when dealing with a patient? I can imagine that happening if the person's skin was a major health issue but not as a general comment that could be/was taken as a compliment. I'm not on Twitter but at times like that I'd like to 'tweet in' that I use Pixi cleanser, Astral & an eye cream from Superdrug just to see if it was read out & then witness the shock & disapproval.

Its nearly 40 years since I was nursing chaperoning doctors and I doubt things have changed much as to what they say when examining a patient ..... Only if there was a problem or specifically asked by the patient!! Paying compliments could be seen as being very unprofessional !!

I got sent the Superfood Day Cream by a Beauty Club..........don't like it, smell of it is awful!

Latest posts

Back