Prime 50 Fighting Fatigue 120 Capsules TSV 05/01/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

high homosystien is red alert for cancer and heart disease. taking b12 and folic can really lower homosystiene levels. i managed to wrangle some blood tests from gp and they all came back normal apart from the folic acid which was very very low. so i was given some folic acid from gp. but when i actually started to read my results properly like comparing the "range" that is acceptable i was always very very borderline so i supplement myself with vitamins. not a lot but with b12 with added folic. i also try to eat a lot better as if you can its good to eat food that your body craves vitamins from.

some people suffer from pernicious anemia which means they cannot produce intrinsic factor that helps to utilise b12 which people years ago died from. its good to do some research and get some advice. i think this multi vitamin is a good choice but suspect you could get it all much cheaper. amazon do some good ones from germany that are a lot cheaper than uk ones and very good.

I had B12, folic acid and B2 deficiency for years. I used to get angular cheilitis, depression and anxiety, not to mention digestive problems. I cannot tell you how much better I feel now. I take a supplement made by New U:
https://nuunutrition.com/products/vitamin-b12
and they are AMAZING! Methylcobalamin is a much better form of B12 than cyanocobalamin. It is less toxic and easier to assimilate. Even people with no intrinsic factor can absorb B12 through a process known as "passive absorption." They have to take a large dose as only 1-2% max is absorbed this way. My problem wasn't lack of intrinsic factor but a largely vegetarian diet and a lot of ignorance on my part.

julius it was very interesting reading you post. some symptoms of b12 deficiency are very similar to multiple sclerosis in fact some people have been diagnosed with ms when in reality they were suffering from b12 deficiency. i get the Methycolbalamin from amazon and its a good brand as it does have folic acid which is needed to work with the b12. its true about vegans suffering from lack b12. which is essential for our bodies to be healthy. glad your better :mysmilie_3:

i notice that this is a subliminal form under the tongue thats a really good price. i bought the solgar ones like this a months supply was £14. it was just to kick start the supplementation now i use a methylcolbalamin with folic. will always take this vitamin. made a lot of difference

julius it was very interesting reading you post. some symptoms of b12 deficiency are very similar to multiple sclerosis in fact some people have been diagnosed with ms when in reality they were suffering from b12 deficiency. i get the Methycolbalamin from amazon and its a good brand as it does have folic acid which is needed to work with the b12. its true about vegans suffering from lack b12. which is essential for our bodies to be healthy. glad your better :mysmilie_3:

I know what you mean, Boffy. In my case the lack of B12 started to destroy the nerve endings in my brain, meaning I have constant tinnitus, but I can live with that. The lack of folic acid and B12 gave me awful depression and irritability At times I would get really awful headaches and clamminess and dreadful nausea. I was tested for everything from HIV to colon cancer and H Pylori - all which came back negative. Only when I went to the clinic in Lithuania did they look at my B12. With the folic acid I just take the Holland & Barrett 400mcg and it seems to do the job nicely.

japan has the lowest level of alziemers in the world because they will treat anyone with a b12 level under 500 for b12 deficiency. the level here in the uk is under 200 and even then the treatment is patchy.

Prime Fifty Fighting Fatigue 4 Month Supply
Item Number: 402016
QVC Price £22.00
Todays Special Value Price £18.74
P&P £2.95
To see the attached document, you have to buy the product. I wanted to know if they were suitable for vegetarians, and emailed the company. Heard nothing back. Did not buy.

The latest weapon in your health supplements arsenal, Fighting Fatigue tablets contain key nutrients such as B1 which contributes to normal energy yielding metabolism and B2 and Niacin which contribute to a reduction in tiredness and fatigue, formulated to help make the most difference to energy levels. Including a plethora of other vitamins and nutrients including vitamins C, E, B3, 6 and 12, iron, zinc and magnesium plus much more, these supplements have been designed to help meet the nutritional challenges ageing can bring.

Be in your prime at fifty - Fighting Fatigue is formulated with the understanding that the ageing gut is less capable of absorbing nutrients from the diet as we age, and then addressing and fixing any deficient vitamins and minerals. With ultra-soluble and readily bioavailable nutrients these tablets also contain a natural extract of black pepper to enhance the absorption of these critical nutrients in the patented BioPerine.

B good - containing vitamins B1, 2 and 3 (niacin), together they contribute to reduced tiredness and fatigue and the maintenance of normal energy levels, while vitamins B12 and 6 contribute to red blood cell formation and along with folate contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism and a reduction of tiredness too.

C to the D - vitamin C is also included to increase iron absorption. Iron contributes to the formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin, while vitamin D helps to reduce the risk of falling associated with muscle weakness - falling is a risk factor for bone fractures in the over 60s.

Selenium and vitamin E - both contribute to the protection of cells from oxidative stress, which is the damage caused by free radicals to our cells, which increases as we age. While zinc and magnesium contribute to normal protein synthesis

Specialty formulation - BioPerine is a patented and relevant ingredient developed by Prime Fifty and added to this specially tailored blend, to help increase bioavailability and support micronutrient absorption, which tends to decrease with age.

Store in a cool, dry place below 25C
Replace cap tightly on bottle after removing tablets
Tablet shelf-life is 3 years from date of manufacture
Do not exceed the recommended intake
Keep out of reach of children
As with any supplement check with your GP if you are under medical supervision
It is safe to take Fighting Fatigue with other Prime Fifty products

Contains:

120 x Prime Fifty Fighting Fatigue tablets - taken one per day this is a four month supply

How to take:

One tablet to be taken once a day, with a cold drink at meal times

For allergens, nutritional information and ingredients please see attached document - allergens will be in bold

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.ite m.402016

To see the attached document, you have to buy the product. Before deciding whether to do this, I needed to know if it was suitable for vegetarians. I got no reply from the company website.

japan has the lowest level of alziemers in the world because they will treat anyone with a b12 level under 500 for b12 deficiency. the level here in the uk is under 200 and even then the treatment is patchy.

You're not wrong there! I had to go to Lithuania because I kept getting fobbed off here. Testing me for HIV etc - I knew it couldn't possibly be that! Then I got a stomach ulcer and started throwing up blood along with all the nausea and digestive issues, headaches, extreme irritability - I would start screaming at the radio when they read the terms and conditions out at the end of adverts - and lack of concentration. I had the injections and within days I felt noticeably different. I believe my problems go back several years. I'd just never have imagined it. I even used to take 5-HTP for "depression" as I didn't want to take prescribed antidepressants - and it was B12 all along that I needed.

I like this thread, it made me think about B12 and do some reading on it, I remember hearing that Maggie Thatcher was having B12 shots while holding the Prime Minister job.

whats 5-HTP julius

It is a natural antidepressant obtained from the Griffonia seed. H&B sell it in tablet form. It is surprisingly effective. It often works extremely quickly and without any of the unpleasant side effects of chemical antidepressants. I would always urge people to take their prescribed medication but for someone just feeling a but down, 5-HTP can be very effective:

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...gan-5-htp-capsules-50mg-60010842?skuid=010842

This is the vegan one I took. There is a gelatin capsule version which is cheaper - which I personally wouldn't touch but some people might be OK with.

Last edited:
There is only the joint supplement for sale now I went to look had there been anymore reviews put on for the fighting fatigue one but couldn't find it

Madaboutdogs if you want to search for the item number it's 402016, there are seven reviews four give 5 stars and 3 give 1 star.

I bought these having worked 14 hour days on the run up to Christmas while fighting chest and ear infections I started 2018 feeling completely knackered and to be honest I was willing to try anything that might help.

The only affect I'm getting is 'caffeine shakes' about 30 minutes after taking one then my energy crashes again.

I would return them but I'm too tired to make the effort....

the caffeine was a red alert for me. i can't sleep if i have caffeine and years of not enough sleep is years of fatigue and pain

I'm the same, I'd be bouncing off the walls if I had caffeine in any form, caffeine is never a good substitute for a natural "high" and alertness, and yes it's addictive too so although it's easier said than done, for anyone who suffers from fatigue stay away from caffeine, it's only a quick fix solution with long term damaging effects.

I've been caffeine addicted in the past. I didn't buy these but I did check the caffeine. It's about the same as one cup of tea.

i buy decaf now its made a big difference. in this cold dank weather i love a hot drink biy stay away from regular tea and coffee

waitrose do a lovely decaf tea its only £1.50 and its nice and strong i sleep like a log now

I like fresh mint tea. Basically just mint leaves in hot water. And I love iced mint tea in summer.

I was horrified when I first gave up caffeine. I'd really struggled with headaches but I did it. Then a while later, having made a real effort to avoid it I found out there was caffeine in the body lotion I had been slathering on!!

Latest posts

Back