How To Look Good BBC1

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The celebrity hype phenomenon I really don't get is when items of clothing sell out within minutes/hours simply because people like Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle are pictured wearing them.

The tried three different methods for cellulite and body brushing no creams had an improvement over 3 weeks of over 30+% the creams only had minimal improvement. This was done by measuring the cellulite not just oh it looks better.

're the comment upthread about Rimmel foundation not being available in stores, I thought they sold it in Boots.

I don't think the makeup test was fair or true based on first impressions alone, especially with the foundations! When comparing foundations surely testing staying power and staying true to colour are important and not just how they feel and look initially, many foundations oxidise within an hour of application turning a lot darker, others just wear or slip off or cling to dry patches, emphasise pore size etc.

If you have oily skin and full coverage is what you're looking for then Mac Studio Fix is your answer, covers everything and doesn't budge all day, plus a massive colour selection, I've seen reviews for the Rimmel one saying it wears off quickly as it has a more dewy finish. Same with the lip glosses, they may look the same but you may be prepared to pay more for one that was going to last and not leave marks on cups etc

Saying all that I'm used to watching in depth reviews of products on Youtube so obviously expecting more than your average viewer! :sun:

I certainly disagreed about the lip gloss. I bought a bunch of cheap ones from Marks last year and a couple of others somewhere as a bit of a colour splurge and thought they were awful. Slicked straight off and very runny. I wouldn't pay £24 but I do think the cheapest ones are risky purchases. Mine were a definite waste of money.

The 3 moisturisers they tested are all mineral oil based, I don't use anything with mineral oil, it makes my skin feel congested.

I was hoping for higher end skincare to be tested, not those 3 they chose to use.

When it all comes down to it, I just use what I like using. PCMC is my cream of choice, tried many others, but always come back to it, so just stay with that now.

I thought the bit about lowering of self-esteem when they tested the cleanser was interesting - make you feel worse then sell you something to make you feel better. This reminds me of QVC selling tactics and not just beauty though of course for women appearance and self-esteem are closely linked. I can just hear AY asking 'Are your pores huge? Is your skin covered in spots/lumpy/dull/pigmented/oily/dry etc?' By the time you have listened to that you feel like you need a solution for a problem you did not realise you had! The presenters are probably trained to do that - ie lower our self-esteem then offer a solution.

Has anyone heard of that most expensive of the three moisturisers, I hadn’t. Not exactly readily available on most high streets.
It was all a bit limited. Lipgloss when I’d guess more women use lipstick & why test just L’Oreal & Lancôme mascara when most people know they’re the same company.

The 3 moisturisers they tested are all mineral oil based, I don't use anything with mineral oil, it makes my skin feel congested.

I was hoping for higher end skincare to be tested, not those 3 they chose to use.

When it all comes down to it, I just use what I like using. PCMC is my cream of choice, tried many others, but always come back to it, so just stay with that now.

I gave been using PCMC over Decleor Neroli oil , the one I got for £10, and my skin looks a lot better. I remember a few years ago a Dermatologist was on tv talking about face creams etc and he said Vaseline was the best thing to use. Er I don't think so.

I watched it last night. They said that dry brushing was the best for cellulite, and then they said it may had worked because the cellulite was pushed around and under the skin, but this latter statement doesn’t make sense, because if it was pushed around it would be the same amount of fat under the skin they started with. If they say it reduced by 26% then the 26% should have been eliminated from the body (I think). or was it 36%.

Latest posts

Back