Lipsticks in TSVs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
Why are they always the colour of mud?
Doesn’t matter what brand, they always seem to be some variation of sludgy brown pinky nude.

Because the numpties who design the TSVs think its something that everyone should wear. One shade suits all. When I bought TSVs I used to give the lipsticks away, I always got a weird pink shade. Its as if they are afraid to give us proper colours.

Perhaps its a way of companies getting rid of colours they can’t sell otherwise. These packs of cosmetics always contain at least one item I don’t want so I never buy them.

The presenters have always been told to push the concept or been obsessed with the idea that a nude shade suits everyone regardless of age & hair or skin colour. It doesn't; I have quite a sallow complexion, sorry olive skin tone, & any of these latte to biscuit shades make me look ill but I'm always on the lookout for a new lipstick & buying one is a treat. Many years ago, when I had a real loyalty to the Q, I bought a set of colour-changing lippies & every one ended up an unflattering shade of cerise. I only buy non-tested cosmetics & my favourite make up is M&S Autograph.

Why are they always the colour of mud?
Doesn’t matter what brand, they always seem to be some variation of sludgy brown pinky nude.

Strange I always seem to get tsv where the lippy is a hideous shade of pink (like the ones Julia Roberts always likes ) I’d prefer a sludgy shade of reddy brown to that any day

The presenters have always been told to push the concept or been obsessed with the idea that a nude shade suits everyone regardless of age & hair or skin colour. It doesn't; I have quite a sallow complexion, sorry olive skin tone, & any of these latte to biscuit shades make me look ill but I'm always on the lookout for a new lipstick & buying one is a treat. Many years ago, when I had a real loyalty to the Q, I bought a set of colour-changing lippies & every one ended up an unflattering shade of cerise. I only buy non-tested cosmetics & my favourite make up is M&S Autograph.

Certified cruelty free is important to me too, I'm a fan of M&S Autograph

i stopped buying makeup tsv's many years ago. laura Geller, mally and never bothered with any of the newer ones. i prefer to buy two good items from my fav make up lines than qvc make up for the price of the tsv

I like the Boots no 7 match made service for lipsticks. I don't wear the no 7 foundation but they colour match you for lipsticks and blushers too and their lipsticks are regularly on offer.

I've never understood why they don't go for a guaranteed neutral shade: a clear lip balm or lipgloss!
I find most lip products are far too drying for my lips and I exclusively wear lip balms nowadays and am getting quite expert at telling which are duds and which have the necessary staying power and moisturisation I require.

I've had the same problem with lip products in TSVs although I tend not to buy make-up TSVs anymore. Either the colour is wrong or I don't like the consistency or depth of colour - I don't get on with liquid lipstick which Mally and Laura Geller seem to like. Even if they go for a nude shade there is nude and nude - dark/light pinky/browny etc. One nude shade does not suit all.

Most nude shades that have a brown base make me look like death.. I got colour matched for the Boots foundation & they matched me to the palest, Calico, so I bought a bottle. It looked a greyish yellow on me, it was still too dark, so I didn’t have much faith in trying the lipstick match. I need a lipstick colour with an underlying bright tone without being garish or too dark. Trouble with a lot of brands is you find something you love then they go & discontinue it.

I can wear nude if it has pinker or even browner tones. But the true nudes which tend to be beige I actually look jaundiced my skin takes on a yellowish tone.

Hate lipgloss, I have a quite good pigment on my lips so no matter what shade they are outside in natural light I just have shiny lips. So a waste of money for me. Also that shiny sticky thing they just disappear in very little time.

Liquid lipstick and matt are really big now.

I never bought a beauty TSV from QVC, wasn't worth it all I wear is eyeliner and foundation and a light touch of blusher if I'm going out in the evening, I don't suit lipstick or mascara, makes me look all dragalicious. :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back