Oh dear Jackie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

puffin48

Registered Shopper
Just watching her on the Peony show. They were going to a break but they didn't switch the microphone off and I heard her say what are we on and a mans voice came on and said we are over target, Jackie said to Julie oh we are over target already. gosh that's amazing. Jackie then said does that include the tsv though, but they realised then and switched it off.

Last edited:
Oh dear, glad to know they talk about the important stuff all the time..........targets and money. :mysmilie_17:

And yet they say that sales are not reflected in presenters remuneration. If this is the case the sales target wouldn’t matter to Ms Afghan Hound and Del Boy wouldn’t scream to buy 2, 3, 4 of the same item.

Target wasn't very stretching then, if it had been exceeded before the end of the show. Marketing guys need to get a better grip on their 'customer base' rather than plucking targets out of thin air.

So clearly they have targets for each show. No wonder we see more of some presenters than others. Old RoadRunner Franks must be coining it in of late, the amount of times she's been on air. I realise she wouldn't be seen dead in QVC fashion but the personal stuff she's been wearing, well, it aint much better !

Better that than all the faux anecdotes to bamboozle people into buying, or flogging all their side projects while on air.

That's what I said, they talk about the important stuff off air and the not so important on air I mean, I wouldn't call how many girlfriends beg Jill Franks to tell them what foundation she wears important.

I remember the documentary they did must be over 10 years back about QVC vs IW on how the operated. They filmed behind the scenes of different shows then Alison Young's In The Salon the producer is constantly talking to the presenter in her earpiece how much stock had sold and telling her different things to push, at the end told her they had sold £20,000 worth in the show. The documentary maker was amazed they could make so much money in a one-hour beauty show.

Bet £20,000 in one show is nothing now.

When a colour of say a bag or a top isn’t moving suddenly it’s the presenters “favourite”.

Do they think that we came up the river in a bubble

I watch QVC through my laptop and hence listen through my Beats headphones. I often hear what the Gallery are saying to the presenters, albeit very quietly. One time they said: "Come on, hurry it up, Debs! 90 seconds to intro next item."

When a colour of say a bag or a top isn’t moving suddenly it’s the presenters “favourite”.

Do they think that we came up the river in a bubble

Yes!!..That's the name of the game...sell, sell, sell...get off air and get the next item on. Dale Winton once said that out of work and bills to pay his agent sent him to interview for QVC and though he admired those doing it, he couldn't do the pressure of " hard-sell" and turned it down.

Caught a bit of Jill Franks showing a bracelet, before switching off again I heard her say she was waiting for delivery of said bracelet, and that she loves the easy pays for it. As if she needs easy pays!! just encouraging people to run up debt for a piece of tat she wouldn't be seen wearing outside of the studio.

The biggest piece of sh..... they come out with is when they say they should have ordered it before going on air, or hope they're size doesn't sell out before they get to order it. FFS what do they take us for ? they know damn well what products they're selling so have plenty of time to 'order' it, more like they get it for free anyway; but they believe the psychology that if they want it then the rest of us must do as well.

Clearly Julia Roberts can wear a top made of drainpipes because everything 'new' she wears sells out quickly, which means there are a lot of sheep out there in Joe Public Land !! Laughably the same cant be said for the Roadrunner Franks, she's over egged her 'loving' to the nth degree that no-one wants to look like her, despite all her 'loving' !

It all has comedy value once you know the game they are playing, doesn't it?

You know which colour they have least of as that won't be modelled/demonstrated. Everything will suit every figure/complexion/height/hair colour. If your size isn't available the sizing is forgiving. Polyester is perfect for summer/winter.

We all know that the presenters earn their crust by selling as much as possible in as little time as possible. Hence the gabbling and rudeness.

The biggest piece of sh..... they come out with is when they say they should have ordered it before going on air, or hope they're size doesn't sell out before they get to order it. FFS what do they take us for ? they know damn well what products they're selling so have plenty of time to 'order' it, more like they get it for free anyway; but they believe the psychology that if they want it then the rest of us must do as well.

Clearly Julia Roberts can wear a top made of drainpipes because everything 'new' she wears sells out quickly, which means there are a lot of sheep out there in Joe Public Land !! Laughably the same cant be said for the Roadrunner Franks, she's over egged her 'loving' to the nth degree that no-one wants to look like her, despite all her 'loving' !

I'm with you on that whole "should have ordered this before.." stuff - it's total bollocks! Jill Franks looks like eyebrows are drawn on with a marker pen!

It's like Groundhog Day at QVC, they start each new day as if it was their first, and no one has ever seen all their tricks and hard sell, so QVC if you want to insult people's intelligence and think they're all thick as crap.........you might wanna think again. :mysmilie_17:

You know to be honest, way back in the beginning I used to enjoy the chatter etc. and some of the guests on QVC, but by nature I'm a bit of a cynic and that I have certainly become more so with age. I think what set me off this time was the recent TSV by Decleor, and here we are again about to have another one - the last one although well priced, did not strike me as 'top notch' as we have been led to believe because to this day I am still angry at the stuff being on advanced order from the first airing, how it arrived ultimately at my house, and yet here we are again about to have another TSV from them, which I shall not be purchasing, and I've said so on facebook - see how they like that!!

Dear god people, this is a shop on the telly. Their aim is to sell product just the same as any other retail shop on the high street or online. Did you honestly think they wouldn’t have been set targets? I work as a mortgage advisor and I have targets for goodness sake. Has anyone else noticed that all there seems to be on this forum now, are people moaning about the presenters and the programmes. If you don’t like it then stop watching.

Latest posts

Back