Oh dear Jackie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree Linwood, any retailer that valued their customers would inform their staff that the customer and their needs come first. It's like that stupid "you think you know QVC" advert, I just don't get it, you've got Amanda Holden stating QVC is full of people "you've never heard of" well it is, and it may come as a shock to her but quite a few people have never heard of Amanda Holden, as for the rest of it I feel the advert is mocking and laughing at their customers because unfortunately some people have got time to sit around and watch Tv all day for what ever reason, so when the woman at the end says it then sniggers I find myself thinking that if I hadn't closed my QVC account over four years ago, then I most certainly would be doing it immediately after watching that passive aggressive advert.

I think the Amanda quip was supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek attempt at self-deprecation that was supposed to endear her to the masses. It didn't work on me and it looks like it didn't work on you, either. This, Shopper, wasn't just any old advert, it was a QVC advert - reflecting the values of the bizarre parallel universe that is QVC.

I personally LOVE the adverts on QVC. I think they should be played in a perpetual loop on their own channel - which we could call: "Comedy Gold." I particularly love the technology one with which tries to shatter every stereotype under the sun. It depicts some seniors citizens absorbed in their iPads, a gay couple kissing, then another pair of senior citizens jumping up and down to trance music.

What about that Christmas one with the music to which the sickly-sweet lyrics go: "And we climb to the top of the world again..." and the rest is just a blur. I seem to remember mummy and daddy on a carousel, mummy in her perfect kitchen sifting icing sugar onto her perfect sponge cake for her perfect child playing in front of the perfect fireplace by the perfect tree.

Hey, Shopper! Watch this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQS1m3LUFEo

Last edited:
I disagree Julius, I think it's exactly what it says, if you think QVC is full of people you've never heard of hey! think again because we've had Amanda Holden (and everyone's heard of Amanda Holden) on three times in the past twelve months.

As for the YouTube clip, it's funny or should I say "brilliant!" Noticed Silly Halliday "literally" at the end there. :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back