Oh dear Jackie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And we are the paying customers who are fully entitled to our opinion on the shop and it’s shop assistants.

Perhaps if there was ANYTHING even remotely interesting on Q we might have a more positive shopping experience.

Dear god people, this is a shop on the telly. Their aim is to sell product just the same as any other retail shop on the high street or online. Did you honestly think they wouldn’t have been set targets? I work as a mortgage advisor and I have targets for goodness sake. Has anyone else noticed that all there seems to be on this forum now, are people moaning about the presenters and the programmes. If you don’t like it then stop watching.

Yes, I think we're all fully aware it's a shop on the Tv, we're also aware that this is Shopping Telly Forum, were we are allowed full, open and honest discussions and opinions that aren't going to be all nicey nicey, that's why it's full of moans and complaints about QVC, basically because QVCs service is abysmal now. If I went in to Marks and Sparks, I wouldn't expect the shop assistant to lie, not give sizing etc, or hear them chatting to another shop assistant about her girlfriends or kids while I'm waiting to be served, but maybe that's just my high standards expecting honesty and great service from people who want my money. Here's an example of great service, I ordered from M Asam website on Thursday, and from Germany my two Magic Finish are being delivered today by DHL, for free. Although the tracking is in German, you can tell by the pictures at what stage the delivery is at, four days from Germany for free is brilliant, plus, the Magic Finish is cheaper.

Yes, I think we're all fully aware it's a shop on the Tv, we're also aware that this is Shopping Telly Forum, were we are allowed full, open and honest discussions and opinions that aren't going to be all nicey nicey, that's why it's full of moans and complaints about QVC, basically because QVCs service is abysmal now. If I went in to Marks and Sparks, I wouldn't expect the shop assistant to lie, not give sizing etc, or hear them chatting to another shop assistant about her girlfriends or kids while I'm waiting to be served, but maybe that's just my high standards expecting honesty and great service from people who want my money. Here's an example of great service, I ordered from M Asam website on Thursday, and from Germany my two Magic Finish are being delivered today by DHL, for free. Although the tracking is in German, you can tell by the pictures at what stage the delivery is at, four days from Germany for free is brilliant, plus, the Magic Finish is cheaper.

Can you imagine staff in ANY High street store decide to order something for themselves on their tablet or phone, assuming they would be allowed it on their person, whilst serving you!!

I would think they'd get a written warning LP for not putting the customer first, but in QVC land, presenters call the shots and run the show, they're like a little clique all of their own, were presenters can do or say no wrong, well they can and often do, they just don't get penalised for it.

Yes, I think we're all fully aware it's a shop on the Tv, we're also aware that this is Shopping Telly Forum, were we are allowed full, open and honest discussions and opinions that aren't going to be all nicey nicey, that's why it's full onf moans and complaints about QVC, basically because QVCs service is abysmal now. If I went in to Marks and Sparks, I wouldn't expect the shop assistant to lie, not give sizing etc, or hear them chatting to another shop assistant about her girlfriends or kids while I'm waiting to be served, but maybe that's just my high standards expecting honesty and great service from people who want my money. Here's an example of great service, I ordered from M Asam website on Thursday, and from Germany my two Magic Finish are being delivered today by DHL, for free. Although the tracking is in German, you can tell by the pictures at what stage the delivery is at, four days from Germany for free is brilliant, plus, the Magic Finish is cheaper.

Well said. If I received the poor service you describe, in any shop on the DHS I would be looking for the floor manager. Nowadays many items sold by QVC are available elsewhere at similar or better prices. QVC's only 'unique selling point' is the 30 day mbg and I rely on this very rarely, if ordering something I'm not sure about but want to try.

Many on-line stores accept returns if in original condition, and returns can be dropped off at various collection points free of charge. Can service get much better than that ?

You're right EM, most places who value their customers have great service, my Magic Finish just arrived, there are three free samples, a little bag of sweets along with my two Magic Finish delivered free from Germany in four days, the service was amazing so I'll use them again, and that's what good service does, it brings you back, so with QVCs crappy treatment and prehistoric service they may very well wake up one morning and smell the administrators.

On Saturday 23 Dec while wrapping Christmas presents I realised I needed a couple of extra bits. I ordered them on-line and resigned myself to forwarding them to the recipients as New Year presents. Well, both items arrived the next day, Sunday, CHRISTMAS EVE. Each item cost under £8. For one I had to pay £2.99 postage but I had a 20% discount code for the item itself. The other item was from Amazon Prime, no p&p.

So if QVC distresses you all so much, why do you watch it and/or shop with them?

Couldn't agree more, Shopper. This is a forum! Everyone has their point of view and perspective but that's not to say other views and perspectives are not valid. I personally like the customer service from the concierge at American Express when I call them they are always very obliging. I just telephoned them at 06:01 this morning and they were very good once again. No I'm not surprised QVC have targets - they are a business; however they constantly bang on about how they offer such great value and are so trustworthy etc. Why shouldn't their claims be discussed and questioned? I personally find QVC to score rather low on the value and trustworthiness stakes. I do find them highly amusing with their slick production and those awful adverts in which everyone seems to live in a multimillion pound manoir with a huge white kitchen with granite worktops, fresh flowers, arty lighting, and island in the middle and an inglenook fireplace.

So if QVC distresses you all so much, why do you watch it and/or shop with them?

I can only speak for myself but one, a shopping channel would never distress me, I can talk about them with absolutely no feelings attached whatsoever and two, I shopped with QVC for the fist twenty years, so with the consistent awful service and receiving other people's returns at full price on almost every order, I thought enoughs enough and closed my QVC account with absolutely no regret. I do channel hop on QVC from time to time whilst waiting for a programme to download from Sky catch up, because the extortionate p&p and over the odds goods, along with the presenters making it all about them does make me chuckle, hope this has answered your question.

That's true Julius, they should come round my house once the grandkids have been, it would be more tidy if a hurricane had wafted through the living room. :mysmilie_17:

i remember buying something from john lewis and was really not sure if i wanted it. i was told by jl staff that if i used it and i was not happy i could return it for a full refund. once i bought my granddaughter a £20 dressing gown in the sale for £5 there was a long delay in sending the item out and when it came it was the wrong size. they arranged to deliver on a day that suited me, gave me the item for free and £50 cash in my bank account thats customer service. qvc would never do that so stop TELLING us you are the no 1 voted company for customer service because you really are bottom of the pile

There are many things that distress me: cruelty, destruction of the planet, plastic waste in the oceans, miscarriages of justice - my list is endless. QVC is not one of them. I have a good memory & I've been a customer since they started in the UK so I feel well-qualified to comment on how poor they are now compared with the early days. The rudeness & unprofessional attitude of certain presenters would not be tolerated if those people were working in a shop face to face with customers, so why should it be allowed on a television channel? As others have pointed out this is a forum for free speech & debate & I get the impression that distresses you.

i remember buying something from john lewis and was really not sure if i wanted it. i was told by jl staff that if i used it and i was not happy i could return it for a full refund. once i bought my granddaughter a £20 dressing gown in the sale for £5 there was a long delay in sending the item out and when it came it was the wrong size. they arranged to deliver on a day that suited me, gave me the item for free and £50 cash in my bank account thats customer service. qvc would never do that so stop TELLING us you are the no 1 voted company for customer service because you really are bottom of the pile

Wow boffy, that is amazing customer service, the American franchise that is QVCUk can only ever dream of coming close to service like that.

Hello lovely shopping Telly forum family
Happy new year to you all ��
I will vouch for John Lewis customer service
We had a dishwasher and they installed it
Lovely people .. polite .. punctual and couldn’t do enough
Yes I agreed about QVC customer service .. they could do a lot better for sure
I know it’s a different sort of sell technique but customer services should be the same in any area of sales ..when you are parting with your hard earned cash then that’ makes a big big diffennce to whether or not you go back or not or give bad feedback

i think most places gave improved greatly in customer service over the decades apart from qvc. its odd that qvc is an american company where good customer service is king....

There are many things that distress me: cruelty, destruction of the planet, plastic waste in the oceans, miscarriages of justice - my list is endless. QVC is not one of them. I have a good memory & I've been a customer since they started in the UK so I feel well-qualified to comment on how poor they are now compared with the early days. The rudeness & unprofessional attitude of certain presenters would not be tolerated if those people were working in a shop face to face with customers, so why should it be allowed on a television channel? As others have pointed out this is a forum for free speech & debate & I get the impression that distresses you.
No dear, free speech and debate do not distress me. In fact I am all for it, it just seems pointless to constantly 'debate' on something that won't change. I use this forum to give me a heads up on the products coming up on QVC and to ask opinion on said products. There's enough misery in life, I don't need to add to it here. I have honestly had nothing but excellent service from Q and do the great majority of my shopping online, purely because high street chain's customer service, (for the most part, there are exceptions) is shockingly poor.
Oh, in case you are wondering, I don't work for QVC, I'm not married, living with, related to anyone who does work or get freebies from them either.

Latest posts

Back