Oh dear Jackie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I suppose there are some who just use the forum for bare facts on Q products and then there are others who use it to chat about everything and anything just as you would chat in real world with your friends and family.
I doubt that everyone has constant deep meaningful debates with friends and family - it’s just everyday chitchat with lovely helpful folk.

SCW and other posts will completely fulfill your requirements whilst we like a bit of a laugh so everyone gets what they want out of a bit of harmless posting on a forum.

The one thing I do know is that if a member ever posts a question or needs a bit of support the response is overwhelming.

Can you imagine staff in ANY High street store decide to order something for themselves on their tablet or phone, assuming they would be allowed it on their person, whilst serving you!!

Perhaps someone caught the program it was an Alison Cork hour yesterday morning.
Miceal was presenting from memory he was saying something along the lines of this bedding is under xx for the super king size
It’s a very good price and now I’m thinking I would like a set
She replied you better quickly ask the producer to order you one quick
To which he replied that’s not my job to whilst on air my job is to present not shop, it’s not something I do

I saw him on this hour, his response to Alison Cork was quiet & polite. What a refreshing change.

I remember some years back CHuntley ordering at midnight a TSV for herself which then quickly sold out. All hell broke out with her using her tablet to order when she should be doing her job. The majority thought she should have ordered in her own time and not rub it in the face of those who lost out.

I remember some years back CHuntley ordering at midnight a TSV for herself which then quickly sold out. All hell broke out with her using her tablet to order when she should be doing her job. The majority thought she should have ordered in her own time and not rub it in the face of those who lost out.

I remember something similar (could be same) and to make matters worse the presenter spent the entire show crowing “I got mine” rubbing everyone’s nose in it.

She actually did the same thing last night in the Bare Minerals hour...ordered a mascara duo on air as it was going limited, as her purchase was confirmed she thought it amusing to say she probably got the last one. S.J. asked her if she had really done that and the silly **** giggled again and faked an apology as they had all now sold out.

In a way I can sort of understand the presenters not wanting to miss a bargain. But a big part of the problem must lie at QVC's end for not having something in place that easily lets staff get hold of goods? It seems crazy that they even have to use the app to order from where they work to be honest.

Yes, I've seen Chuntley order on air before, she seems to have more than average self worth thinking if she's buys it/loves it/likes it, then there must be something wrong with you if you don't. As for her fake laugh every other second, it reminds of Kenneth Williams........Carry On Chuntley.

i think the shopping the catherine does is fake tbh just to squeeze every last sale for the easily duped

Some of it maybe, but she strikes me as a selfish person who would take the last one of anything putting herself first at all times, also brags about what she's got, new house, last year it was a new figure, soon to be this year as she states she's starting her keep fit routine today, what a surprise it's on the same day as a Fitbit TSV (and The Body Rescue Plan is doing the rounds) which she no doubts buys it/loves it/likes it. I agree though, she takes QVC customers as simpletons thinking they're all thick as poop.............Chuntley, you might want to think again.

They get to see the products before they go on air and the prices. I remember the "Oh! I missed out, should have bought it before I came on!" That used to be the sad cry from presenters. CHuntley I do think actually orders live on air. Someone else female presenter did once show their tablet and the how to do the order but stopped before clicking confirm. I think it might have been Julia to show how quick and easy it was, they said just hit confirm and your order is done.

Pipa has been guilty of this too and I think several have used the excuse of showing how easy it is to order.

I think it is the crowing of getting the last one that gets people’s backs up.

Considering most presenters on most shows throw in high street bashing, yet fail to notice that high street sales assistants don't excuse themselves from serving you to nip off to make their own purchases..and would result in a dismissal, anyway.

Even Kathy Tayler did ordering live last week and said that she once had ten items in her basket but not allowed to order anymore...heck, that's some p&p!!

Maybe, they think that it's amusing...but imo it's very unprofessional and insulting!

Last edited:
I agree Linwood, any retailer that valued their customers would inform their staff that the customer and their needs come first. It's like that stupid "you think you know QVC" advert, I just don't get it, you've got Amanda Holden stating QVC is full of people "you've never heard of" well it is, and it may come as a shock to her but quite a few people have never heard of Amanda Holden, as for the rest of it I feel the advert is mocking and laughing at their customers because unfortunately some people have got time to sit around and watch Tv all day for what ever reason, so when the woman at the end says it then sniggers I find myself thinking that if I hadn't closed my QVC account over four years ago, then I most certainly would be doing it immediately after watching that passive aggressive advert.

If some of the QVC presenters are happy to appear egotistical and immature, then fine but leave off the " better than thou" attitude in comparison with the high street. Glen Campbell once said it to Chuntley...to stop the high street bashing, and that most store assistants work hard, long hours and for not much pay.

Like I said, it is insulting and unnecessary, they have the opportunity to do private shopping BEFORE a show.

Sorry, rant over. Hope 2018 is healthy and good to everyone on this forum.

The presenters and guests need to remember they aren`t perfect and that everybody`s ass has a crack in it. Their jobs and in the case of brand reps, their products, all rely on the customers. Look what happened to Yankee Steven and the complaints when Debbie Flint tried chucking her clout around with her facebook groups, not to mention dodgy auctions or missing crowns and auction lots being given to facebook cronies and so on. If people complain often enough and loud enough then even the thickos in charge of QVC have to take note sooner or later.

Latest posts

Back