Diamoneek Alison

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
The Alison who has been the 'face' of diamoneek for years now, always goes on about her 'wedding jewellery' company, and how she designs this and that. Well, when does she find the time ? she's never off the screen lately. Her 'business' cant be that lucrative or she wouldn't be supplementing it with appearance money on Q, instead she'd be hard at work fulfilling commissions. She may well have a website, but so can Mickey Mouse.

she's also got a nic nac stall in a market can't remember what she sells on it..times must be hard

she's also got a nic nac stall in a market can't remember what she sells on it..times must be hard

Interesting. It could be a market somewhere "on trend" such as Portobello Road, Camden, Greenwich, Spitalfields etc in London (sorry I don't know the names of similar in other UK cities). Or it could be a local market such as Chelmsford where there's a mix of fruit & veg, plants, greetings cards, crimplene 'fashion', second-hand books & dvd's and the inevitable fashion jewellery stall.

Perhaps she sketches initial designs and has a team of designers doing the work ?

This is her business:

http://www.bijouxjewels.co.uk/

I quite like her. Seems to know her stuff and is earning an honest crust relating Eek paste jewellery to how the real thing may look (from a distance...).

'Bijoux' appears to be the in-word for jewellery ! There's Bibi Bijoux, and on the Continent with a few shops over here is Bijou Brigitte.

Well, I looked for Alison's site under a number of guises, like wedding jewellers and wedding jewellery designers etc and nothing threw up bijouxjewels ! so she's not easy to find. As for her website (thanks for that QVC) have you seen her photo ????? certainly doesn't do her any favours, under the heading About Us. To be honest, I've listened to her on a number of occasions, but never learned anything new, she just knows how to talk well, and anyone can get info from Google or a good book.

Wedding jewellery? Shock! I suppose this makes sense why she goes on about hers at any given opportunity, mind you that's if you can decipher the words of rapid fire Keenan, it all blurs in to one long word for me. Saying that though, I can't her for more than a minute at a time, even on mute.

As I commented on another thread about Gtech and other brands swapping channels between QVC and IW; I wonder whether Alison applied for the DQ bland ambassador job to raise her profile? Certainly >99% of us are clicking on to her diamond site because she appears on QVC. The QVC faithful might go to her for some fairly commonplace-looking wedding jewellery in the same way folk used to travel to Keeley's salon next to the kebab shop for a facial that their local salon could provide. Plus it's a regular income; she's on QVC very frequently.

Good points Akimbo. And I'm glad I'm not alone in realising she's on the tele more than a Weetabix advert. Possibly because 'eek, is a useful filler show, when Q struggle to know what to put on, there's always plenty of own brand cheap jewellery to flog, so get old Alison in to make it sound plausible. But I still make the point if she was THAT successful in her own business, then she wouldn't have the time to travel from Northampton, - she'd be at home fulfilling orders or drumming up new business, so no doubt Q make it all very worthwhile for her.

It would be interesting to know how she got the job in the first place, whether she put herself forward, or knows someone at QVC. I know a couple of good jewellery makers/designers near to where I live, who are always busy, but I bet they wouldn't mind earning a few quid spouting the delights of man made stones !!!

They had an open "competition" to choose the previous Diamonique guest; I think she was just a long-term DQ customer the first woman they had in the role. I only saw she a couple of times before she disappeared. Maybe they decided a diamond "expert" would give DQ greater kudos?

They had an open "competition" to choose the previous Diamonique guest; I think she was just a long-term DQ customer the first woman they had in the role. I only saw she a couple of times before she disappeared. Maybe they decided a diamond "expert" would give DQ greater kudos?

Well no jeweller can tell the difference with one of their loops :mysmilie_15:

Her 'business' might be on the wane (she's never there to keep it going !!!), but hasn't she got a home to go to either. She's becoming as irritating as Franks, she's on so often.

Latest posts

Back