Fashion fix ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
How many more ways can they present the same old same old ? 6 models wearing 'pieces' that are repeatedly talked about over the 60 minute slot is mind numbing for us, so what must the Presenters feel, going over the same 'stuff' 3 or 4 times.

And I cannot be the only one who has had it up to here with the continual stream of stylists that are now a fixture at QVC, telling me (knocking 70) how I can look on trend and like a teenage student with turn up jeans and ankle boots. Oh pleeeeease I did it before AND better when I was that age, so how I wish the children at Q would start realising that their core audience aint Yuni students.

I had purchased the MW balloon dress when it was the TSV and would have ordered another except it was neve4 available in m6 size/colour.

It is now back in all sizes and new colours BUT reading the reviews it appears that the cut and material has changed slightly, not for the better, so is it worth chancing?

Anyone got the original and new version to give a comparison? TIA

I had what I think was the original MW balloon dress, in navy blue. I took it on a short break to London and it ended up in a bin there, after only a couple of wears, because it bobbled where my crossbody bag strap had rubbed on it. I'm sure I posted on here about it at the time.

Just shows you doesn't it, you don't always get what you pay for, I bought the almost identical dress from IW for £9.99 £1 p&p and mine still looks as good today as when I bought it last year. I'm not a dress person really but it was so cool last Summer, all I can think of is the MW one must been made "especially for QVC" they're always dearer and crappier when made "especially for QVC"

Oh that's a shame PaL, the sleeves were ok for me, i do size up though i don't like anything tight fitting on the chesticle area, I like those babies to be able to breath. :mysmilie_17:

I liked that big knit cardigan Pipa had on today that was a Marla Wynn item but it was £90 odds. I know wool's expensive (doubt it was even wool) but that did seem a bit steep. I like MW things but they're a bit out of my price range which is a shame.

The last fashion thing I bought was that centigrade coatigan thingy TSV with the knitted sleeves - it looked very cheap when it arrived but it's warm so it will be fine for wearing indoors. Going to think twice and three times before ordering clothes from QVC.

CC

I liked that big knit cardigan Pipa had on today that was a Marla Wynn item but it was £90 odds. I know wool's expensive (doubt it was even wool) but that did seem a bit steep. I like MW things but they're a bit out of my price range which is a shame.

The last fashion thing I bought was that centigrade coatigan thingy TSV with the knitted sleeves - it looked very cheap when it arrived but it's warm so it will be fine for wearing indoors. Going to think twice and three times before ordering clothes from QVC.

CC

It`s 100% acrylic and cold handwash too. ****** silly money for what it is.

I feel exactly the same about QVC's dire fashion and said so on their Arsebook page recently. Not surprisingly, they didn't reply but I got lots of "likes" from other users. I don't get who they're aiming at with this stuff. A couple of days ago, they were showing a furry gilet, some high boots and that silly trilbyesque hat they insist on plonking on models and it reminded me of a 70s American pimp. Anyone else remember Huggy Bear?

The silly trailer for this fashion night in rubbish is bad enough. Two young women getting dressed up to watch 'fashion' on Qvc for the entire evening, as if.

I feel exactly the same about QVC's dire fashion and said so on their Arsebook page recently. Not surprisingly, they didn't reply but I got lots of "likes" from other users. I don't get who they're aiming at with this stuff. A couple of days ago, they were showing a furry gilet, some high boots and that silly trilbyesque hat they insist on plonking on models and it reminded me of a 70s American pimp. Anyone else remember Huggy Bear?

:mysmilie_458::mysmilie_458:

Yes I remember Huggy Bear, QVC must think the "Pimp" look is alive and kicking in QVCs own little fashion world.

Talking of cardies. I ordered the Paul Costello chunky knit cardi with pockets, in pink. I love it. Don't know how it will wash though.

Latest posts

Back