Tarte Cosmetics TSV 25/03/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There was a fairly large storm in a you tube teacup about the launch of this foundation, and any new shades probably won't make it to QVC. There are plenty of reviews but not much useful info out there that I could spot.

There was a fairly large storm in a you tube teacup about the launch of this foundation, and any new shades probably won't make it to QVC. There are plenty of reviews but not much useful info out there that I could spot.

Yes, Tarte saying x shades when in fact it was over both formulas and no real shades for women of colour. Many saying they are racist. So for the hydrating read the reviews for the other foundation as they are the same product really.

this is Christina's review of hydra gel(she buys all her own products to review), so more honest hell she has given the golden cow Mac an F before.

https://www.temptalia.com/tarte-dou...hybrid-gel-foundation-review-photos-swatches/

This from makeupalley, who are normal people who have bought the product.

https://www.makeupalley.com/product...wered-Hybrid-Gel-Foundation/Tarte/Foundations

Wow, early days, but some seriously poor reviews there :mysmilie_466:

Oh dear. That's a bad start.

I had a look at the TSV out of curiosity as I am new to all these QVC brands but I am happy with the Becca set with foundation I bought last year and It Cosmetics ditto recently so wasn't going to buy this Tarte set. I have enough for the year now! Even if I were interested, I couldn't face the agony of shade finding all over again.

What does it mean when it says the foundation oxidises on the skin?

Oh dear. That's a bad start.

I had a look at the TSV out of curiosity as I am new to all these QVC brands but I am happy with the Becca set with foundation I bought last year and It Cosmetics ditto recently so wasn't going to buy this Tarte set. I have enough for the year now! Even if I were interested, I couldn't face the agony of shade finding all over again.

What does it mean when it says the foundation oxidises on the skin?
Normally oxidisation turns foundations darker than when initially applied.

There are two shape tape foundations. The hydrating is less full coverage.

The TSV was available to purchase at 7am this morning, then was removed.
A few early birds would have bought . So Q may have a few reviews by end of week.
Doesn't appear to be getting reviews since it's launch with USA.

Amazon are now offering cosmetic samples to Prime customers for $2-$4 and then this price is knocked off if you go on to purchase full size. No £ info yet.

It changes the colour. I'm very pale & with lots of foundations even though I buy the palest shade, which can look fine when I first put it on after a while it turns orange so I look like an oompah lumpha. It's worse with liquid or cream foundations, not so often with mineral powder types.

Tarte 5 Piece Shape Tape Foundation Make Up Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.234127

Auto-Delivery Tarte 5 Piece Shape Tape Foundation Make Up Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.236100

QVC Price £70.00
Todays Special Value Price £44.97
P&P £4.95

or 3 Easy Pays of £14.99

This five-piece Shape Up Your Routine Collection from Tarte features the exciting launch of Shape Tape Hydrating Foundation; a hypoallergenic, luminous-finish gel that helps to brighten and smooth your skin's appearance, just like the iconic Shape Tape Concealer. Also boasting a blending sponge, a brand new eyeshadow and highlighting palette, a mascara and a lipstick, this full face collection is a total beauty game-changer.

Next-level coverage - fans of Tarte's bestselling Shape Tape Concealer have to get their hands on this brand new Shape Tape Hydrating Foundation! Oil-free and vegan, this weightless wonder helps to plump your skin's appearance and hydrate your complexion.

Gorgeous gifting - got a beauty-mad bestie? Treat them to this fabulous collection as a special treat. It comes with a handy cosmetic bag, perfect for storage, plus a super cute gift box in an on-trend abstract print.

Grow your collection - choose our Auto Delivery option to receive this collection again in 90 days' time at today's fantastic price. We'll swap your Leave Your Mark palette for the Dream Big palette and give you a fresh new shade of the Color Splash Lipstick in Surf's Up. Build up your Tarte collection or gift one set to a loved one; the choice is yours!

First delivery contains:

1 x Shape Tape Hydrating Foundation (30ml) - in Fair Beige, Light Medium Honey, Light Sand, Medium Neutral, Tan Sand and Deep Honey; provides buildable, long-wearing coverage. Formulated with collagen and hyaluronic acid
1 x Lights, Camera, Lashes 4 in 1 Mascara (7ml) - formulated to provide four lash benefits, with the appearance of lengthened, curled, volumised and conditioned lashes
1 x Leave Your Mark palette (4.3g) - with seven matte and shimmer eyeshadow shades plus a rose gold highlighter
1 x Rainforest of the Sea Color Splash Lipstick (3.4g) - in Escape (rose); a long-wearing and moisture-rich, full-coverage lipstick
1 x The Shaper Sponge - this all-in-one blending sponge effortlessly applies concealers, foundations and contouring formulas
1 x cosmetic bag (purple)
1 x gift box

Second delivery contains:

1 x Shape Tape Hydrating Foundation (30ml)
1 x Lights, Camera, Lashes 4 in 1 Mascara (7ml)
1 x Dream Big eyeshadow palette (4.3g) - eight limited-edition eyeshadow shades in a mix of metallic and matte finishes
1 x Rainforest of the Sea Color Splash Lipstick (3.4g) - in Surf's Up (mauve)
1 x The Shaper Sponge
1 x cosmetic bag (pink)
1 x gift box

Leave Your Mark palette contains:
Eyeshadows:

Grace (pale pink)
Speak up (peachy nude)
Good vibes (copper)
Encourage (champagne)
Role model (antique gold)
Shake it off (deep bronze)
Respect (deep plum)

Highlighter:

Love (rose gold)

Dream Big eyeshadow palette contains:

This is it (rose gold)
All in (deep rose)
Go for it (brown)
You can (gold)
Happening (plum)
Hustle (black lustre)
Ambitious (cream)
Risk taker (rose gold shimmer)

How to apply:
Shape Tape Matte Foundation:

Use a setting spray or water to dampen The Shaper Sponge and dab foundation directly onto your skin
Starting at the centre of your face, apply three swipes of foundation on each cheek
Add two swipes on the forehead, one down the nose, and two on the chin
Blend out until the foundation is fully blended
For fuller coverage, apply additional swipes and blend until you’ve reached your desired level of coverage

Lights, Camera, Lashes 4 in 1 Mascara:

Wedge the wand at the base of your lashes and pull out in a zig zag motion to reach every last lash

Rainforest of the Sea Color Splash Lipstick:

Use the tapered tip to define and contour your lips
For the perfect shape, start in the middle of your lips and smooth out towards the corners

Tempted to try it because the foundation is £35 :thinking: but don't need it and really don't need anymore eye shadows.

Tempted to try it because the foundation is £35 :thinking: but don't need it and really don't need anymore eye shadows.

I feel exactly the same, Miss Molly - I've been pleasantly surprised with recent foundation purchases but that still doesn't stop me from wanting to try new ones - I think I have issues :mysmilie_516:

I feel the same. Don’t need it, know it will probably be too dark but have little won’t power when it comes to make up TSVs

What colour you all going for?

I've cracked and bought it...the shame

I've gone for Light Sand - I've got the Amazonian clay foundation in that and it needs a bit of warming up but I find the other variations too pink or orange on my skin.

How about you Miss Molly?

Latest posts

Back