Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

BROWSE THE SHOPPINGTELLY.COM FORUM AD FREE - CLICK HERE

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post
      ...still foundation so far!

A couple of observations: - Chloe looks good today, whether it's the Tarte make up, less eye liner or the royal blue shade of her top.

...still foundation on air

- not sure I like the doe's foot applicator in the foundation for transferring bacteria into the pot!
      - Leigh's lips look large...a rare postpartum effect or artificial boost?

...mascara on now, as if we hadn't seen that before!
      Chloe has had a bit of a makeover recently. Losing the harsh panda eye makeup is a winner. I hope it lasts and they can then move on to her dreadful presenting techniques!
      Likes AndiK , Evie , Tarketta , Akimbo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
      Received my TSV just got back from a weekend away and the lipstick is snapped at base. I am not a happy bunny

I think Leigh and Alicia the redhead model have both been at the lip fillers.
      Thanks Akimbo thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Verdict - I tried everything this morning and am very happy with the foundation as it's the perfect shade match, it feels lovely on, you don't need that much for decent coverage and to my mind, it's not especially hydrating. Good news for me with my oily skin, but I suspect those with drier complexions won't be happy - also the sponge dispenser is just madness, you have to keep dipping it in as it doesn't carry much product, so anyone even slightly germophobic will find this deeply unpleasant - it's a stupid idea and they need to rethink.

The palette is sadly as boring as everyone predicted - the shades looked decent in the pan but on, they are the usual snoresome mix of coppers, rose golds and warm browns - I have most of these shades in other Tarte palettes and I'm disappointed. Also the highlighter is a peculiar shade and texture, thick and quite pigmented so I don't really know where to apply that around my eyes and will save it for cheekbones etc.

Lipstick is a pleasant shade of deep rose pink - nice texture and reasonably longlasting, with no bleeding into fine lines (as yet)

All in all, I'm happy with the kit overall and will keep the AD as I really want the Dream Big palette but the foundation dispenser and this palette are negatives.
      Thanks Sooze , donna255 thanked for this post
      Likes AndiK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well I must be in the minority-mine came on Saturday and Iíve been trying it out at different times of the day to see what it looked like in different lighting. The foundation whilst being the right colour( I got light/medium honey for my light/ medium skin) but thereís just no coverage and feels wet on the skin! The lipstick is a horrid purply brown shade.
      The palette is nice and the mascara ok but not as good as the one in the last TSV- not sure if iíll bother anymore. I might just stick with my Mac foundation!

Post Thanks / Like

the way the models were plastering it on i suspect you need a lot to get a good coverage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boffy View Post
      the way the models were plastering it on i suspect you need a lot to get a good coverage
      Exactly! And at that rate the bottle would be lucky to last a fortnight! Not impressed- even my cheapo Revlon colourstay or Boots No7 mousse ( the plastic pot one) cover perfectly and last for months!And as for my Mac full coverage I get 6 months out of it and let’s just say I don’t use it (ahem!) economically! Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Someone on the Q Facebook asked about coverage and was told light-medium. On MUA someone was asking about the foundation yesterday and got the reply it is more light coverage. As it is basically the same product as the Hydra Gel Foundation, usually gel-like texture is light coverage.

Post Thanks / Like

A reasonable amount gave me medium coverage so maybe it depends on skin type - with my oily skin, maybe I get more bang for my buck!

Post Thanks / Like

If the foundation isn't suitable for my dry skin it'll be the last I order Sick of returning them!!

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

SCW/anyone - has anybody heard anything about the second drop of this TSV as it's due in the next week or so but I haven't heard a peep?

I know we've got another Tarte TSV coming up on 30/6 so I'd love to know what's in that just in case I want to cancel the second drop.

Thanks!
      Likes honey72 liked this post