Tarte Cosmetics TSV 25/03/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've cracked and bought it...the shame

I've gone for Light Sand - I've got the Amazonian clay foundation in that and it needs a bit of warming up but I find the other variations too pink or orange on my skin.

How about you Miss Molly?

Still trying to resist but think I would be Fair beige.Still umming and ahhing about sending the IT cosmetics TSV back because the foundation does look a bit orange but the palette is nice.

I've cracked and bought it...the shame

I've gone for Light Sand - I've got the Amazonian clay foundation in that and it needs a bit of warming up but I find the other variations too pink or orange on my skin.

How about you Miss Molly?
I’ve gone for the light sand too, I can wear that in the Amazonian Clay one. I was hoping for fair light neutral as in the RFotS it was perfect. But to be honest my neck is so much lighter than my face and body that I have to bronze it up so I adapt how much I bronze to match foundation (when I can be properly bothered that is!) I’m just hoping the formula works and is comfortable. I confess my IT TSV is still in the box - hangs head in shame.

I’ve gone for the light sand too, I can wear that in the Amazonian Clay one. I was hoping for fair light neutral as in the RFotS it was perfect. But to be honest my neck is so much lighter than my face and body that I have to bronze it up so I adapt how much I bronze to match foundation (when I can be properly bothered that is!) I’m just hoping the formula works and is comfortable. I confess my IT TSV is still in the box - hangs head in shame.

Aside from the foundation, me too...and yet I must have MORE!!!!

Aside from the foundation, me too...and yet I must have MORE!!!!

We’re obviously beyond hope, QVC must rub their hands with glee!!!

To be fair I’m not as bad as I have been as I’ve taken up crocheting and it takes all my concentration so my out of control shopping tendencies have been reduced!

We’re obviously beyond hope, QVC must rub their hands with glee!!!

To be fair I’m not as bad as I have been as I’ve taken up crocheting and it takes all my concentration so my out of control shopping tendencies have been reduced!

Yeah it disturbs me if I think about that...so I try not to :mysmilie_17:

I think that is an absolutely brilliant idea re the crocheting - I may rekindle my love of embroidery!!!!

So is Fair Beige the lightest then?
I’m dithering
Does anyone know how this would compare with Fair in Bare Miberals, Porcelain in LG please?

So is Fair Beige the lightest then?
I’m dithering
Does anyone know how this would compare with Fair in Bare Miberals, Porcelain in LG please?

Hi Breeze, the foundation matrix on Temptalia may be of help

https://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix/

Also here are the shade matches from Tarte's website

Tarte Shape Tape Foundation.jpg

Well, my TSV kit arrived yesterday, so I tried it today.
I am really impressed with the foundation, I wanted to give it a hard test, so applied with no primer and wow.
It didn’t settle into any lines, didn’t accentuate and large pores and made the skin look very natural.
I ordered the medium and am a cross between medium and light/ medium, I think the match will be better in summer months. I also ordered the light/ medium which should arrive tomorrow.
Once I’ve decided which shade is best, I will order some more at this price.
The medium is a true Tarte medium
Even my husband commented how how good it looked.
Suited my skin really well, you can’t feel your wearing it.

so far i've resisted buying this... i really want to try tarte, but, the more i think about it the choice of colours just are a bit so-so..... i hope they do another tsv later with a lightweight foundation and a nicer colour lippy!

Well, my TSV kit arrived yesterday, so I tried it today.
I am really impressed with the foundation, I wanted to give it a hard test, so applied with no primer and wow.
It didn’t settle into any lines, didn’t accentuate and large pores and made the skin look very natural.
I ordered the medium and am a cross between medium and light/ medium, I think the match will be better in summer months. I also ordered the light/ medium which should arrive tomorrow.
Once I’ve decided which shade is best, I will order some more at this price.
The medium is a true Tarte medium
Even my husband commented how how good it looked.
Suited my skin really well, you can’t feel your wearing it.

That's great to hear. What's the rest of the kit like? Are the eyeshadows really light? What about the lipstick shade? Some find it too dark but I prefer darker shades anyway. Hopefully mine will get here tomorrow xx

I haven’t used the palette yet, but the colours all look nice.
The lip colour is darker than the usual pink nude TSV ones and is a nice shade of berry red. A much better colour for me - not too dark but not wish washy either.

I got my TSV yesterday and was pleasantly surprised with the kit and the quality of the foundation - I haven't applied a full face but I applied some to my neck and not only was it a perfect match (Light Sand) but it felt beautifully soft and light, like you're not wearing anything, as Tinkywinky150 said. I haven't swatched the eyeshadows but they're not as warm as the photos suggested and the bottom left one actually looks like a proper taupe and the highlighter is much lighter than pictured.

For anyone interested, here's a pic of the Amazonian Clay (top) and new Shape Tape (bottom) foundations in Light Sand swatched on my arm - not the best pic (I tried) but you can hopefully see the Shape Tape is a more peachy tone and a lighter texture, vs the mousse like texture of the Amazonian Clay. I'm looking forward to trying it out properly!

IMG_0072.jpg

I got my TSV yesterday and was pleasantly surprised with the kit and the quality of the foundation - I haven't applied a full face but I applied some to my neck and not only was it a perfect match (Light Sand) but it felt beautifully soft and light, like you're not wearing anything, as Tinkywinky150 said. I haven't swatched the eyeshadows but they're not as warm as the photos suggested and the bottom left one actually looks like a proper taupe and the highlighter is much lighter than pictured.

For anyone interested, here's a pic of the Amazonian Clay (top) and new Shape Tape (bottom) foundations in Light Sand swatched on my arm - not the best pic (I tried) but you can hopefully see the Shape Tape is a more peachy tone and a lighter texture, vs the mousse like texture of the Amazonian Clay. I'm looking forward to trying it out properly!

View attachment 15453
Mine arrived today and I was swatching for a friend who was deciding which shade to order. I was surprised when I put it next to the same shade in Amazonian clay at the difference in undertones, the hydrating shape tape is much less yellow. I like the comfort feeling of it (albeit only on hand) it feels light and fresh and very youthful. Hope I feel the same when wearing.
Hope you all enjoy yours.

Have gone for the Light Sand in this but after seeing Tarketta's post thinking it may not be the right shade for me. Oh well will wait & see. Might have to order another set on the day when I've seen the swatches live. Also went for the Shapetape concealer to see what all the fuss is about. Have resisted the last 3 or 4 Tarte TSV's. Not sure the eyeshadows & lippie will be for me so will sell them on if I decide to keep. Wonder if they will have anything from the mermaid collection.

I’ve now tried the light/medium shade and I think that’s a better match for me now, but the medium will be fine with a tan.
I’m really pleased with the eyeshadows too, all neutral tones to suit most people.
I’m off to Egypt on Wednesday, so this TSV is coming with me :cool:

Have gone for the Light Sand in this but after seeing Tarketta's post thinking it may not be the right shade for me. Oh well will wait & see. Might have to order another set on the day when I've seen the swatches live. Also went for the Shapetape concealer to see what all the fuss is about. Have resisted the last 3 or 4 Tarte TSV's. Not sure the eyeshadows & lippie will be for me so will sell them on if I decide to keep. Wonder if they will have anything from the mermaid collection.

no the eyeshadow palette from that range will be coming next month but the new pieces that will be on are all in the new beauty item thread

Got to admit I am a bit jealous of all you people getting the Tarte TSV. Yes, I know I could get it too if I wanted but I'm trying really hard not to buy any more of this sort of thing after a recent make-up buying spree. It wasn't all expensive stuff (I bought a special offer palette from Superdrug for £5 or £6 which is her-yuge and I love it!!) but I did get the last Becca and IT Cosmetics sets. I honestly do have enough make-up to last months, nay years, and in the case of this particular TSV, the last thing I need is more lipsticks, mascaras and cosmetics bags!

I love reading about your experiences with these sets though and I get the pleasure of anticipating, receiving and trying everything vicariously. That's better for my pocket (and dwindling storage space). Enjoy, everyone!

Latest posts

Back