Tarte Cosmetics TSV 25/03/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did they show the things in th second drop of the auto delivery? I didn’t see them mentioned at all.
Mind you they didn’t seem to show much other than the foundation demonstrated, not the eyeshadows or the lipstick, just said the models were wearing them. The shadows look very shiny, are they?

I seen the first two minutes were JF embarrassed Leigh making her feel uncomfortable for showing her little boys picture, yet, JF can ramble on in the most banal way of the things she loves/can't live without or things her girlfriends love/can't live without, well let's face it it's always the Jill Franks show when Jill Franks is on. So anyone who wanted to watch the TSV launch and got JF, commiserations.

Did they show the things in th second drop of the auto delivery? I didn’t see them mentioned at all.
Mind you they didn’t seem to show much other than the foundation demonstrated, not the eyeshadows or the lipstick, just said the models were wearing them. The shadows look very shiny, are they?

Not really, just mentioned it, said it was online only and not being aired.

Leigh says she's moving to show the other TSV items in the next few mins (11 am hour)

...still foundation so far!

A couple of observations: - Chloe looks good today, whether it's the Tarte make up, less eye liner or the royal blue shade of her top.

...still foundation on air

- not sure I like the doe's foot applicator in the foundation for transferring bacteria into the pot!
- Leigh's lips look large...a rare postpartum effect or artificial boost?

...mascara on now, as if we hadn't seen that before!

Has anyone else noticed that when they are describing shades on the models they’ll say so and so has fair skin and is wearing shade fair etc, but when it comes to the darker skin tones they always have to say for example ‘if you have beautiful darker skin like Nalintha’ - they can’t seem to say dark/black skin without describing it as gorgeous or beautiful. They do it with other brands too, Bare Minerals for one :confused:

There is a lady of colour(that seems to be the accepted term now), on their Facebook page who keeps asking for live demos on the dark-skinned models. But Natlintha who is very beautiful anyway is still considered to be too pale. Quite a few agreeing with her never get a live demo of foundation on the models of colour for any of the brands.

Has anyone else noticed that when they are describing shades on the models they’ll say so and so has fair skin and is wearing shade fair etc, but when it comes to the darker skin tones they always have to say for example ‘if you have beautiful darker skin like Nalintha’ - they can’t seem to say dark/black skin without describing it as gorgeous or beautiful. They do it with other brands too, Bare Minerals for one :confused:

They do similar with redheads (in descriptions of both their hair when demonstrating hair products and skin/colouring when demonstrating make-up). It's as if they are terrified of appearing not to be 100% in favour.

There is a lady of colour(that seems to be the accepted term now), on their Facebook page who keeps asking for live demos on the dark-skinned models. But Natlintha who is very beautiful anyway is still considered to be too pale. Quite a few agreeing with her never get a live demo of foundation on the models of colour for any of the brands.

I remember when Marverine was still at QVC she did some VT with Mikey who used to work for NewCID (where did they go??) focussing on beauty and make up for dark skin tones.

Everything about standard photography, filming and lighting works against skintones at the extremes of dark or light. It is worst on the dark end of the spectrum because they can't get the definition using standard techniques.

Without trivialising this at all, you can actually see this affecting pet colour choice. Cat shelters, for example will tell you black cats are now unpopular because they don't show up well in photos, that's in addition to traditional beliefs about luck. This is Instagram influence.

It does illustrate the challenge faced by deeper dark skinned people. They are not catered for because they are not visible, in great part because the camera does not see them effectively. This is obviously something we should have the technology to address, and in professional camera work there must already be the technical expertise to overcome the limitations of conventional lighting and lenses... Just as cinematic pioneers had to come up with makeup that photographed realistically, even if that means the colours used need to be changed up significantly.

...still foundation so far!

A couple of observations: - Chloe looks good today, whether it's the Tarte make up, less eye liner or the royal blue shade of her top.

...still foundation on air

- not sure I like the doe's foot applicator in the foundation for transferring bacteria into the pot!
- Leigh's lips look large...a rare postpartum effect or artificial boost?

...mascara on now, as if we hadn't seen that before!

Chloe has had a bit of a makeover recently. Losing the harsh panda eye makeup is a winner. I hope it lasts and they can then move on to her dreadful presenting techniques!

Received my TSV just got back from a weekend away and the lipstick is snapped at base. I am not a happy bunny:mysmilie_51:

I think Leigh and Alicia the redhead model have both been at the lip fillers.

Verdict - I tried everything this morning and am very happy with the foundation as it's the perfect shade match, it feels lovely on, you don't need that much for decent coverage and to my mind, it's not especially hydrating. Good news for me with my oily skin, but I suspect those with drier complexions won't be happy - also the sponge dispenser is just madness, you have to keep dipping it in as it doesn't carry much product, so anyone even slightly germophobic will find this deeply unpleasant - it's a stupid idea and they need to rethink.

The palette is sadly as boring as everyone predicted - the shades looked decent in the pan but on, they are the usual snoresome mix of coppers, rose golds and warm browns - I have most of these shades in other Tarte palettes and I'm disappointed. Also the highlighter is a peculiar shade and texture, thick and quite pigmented so I don't really know where to apply that around my eyes and will save it for cheekbones etc.

Lipstick is a pleasant shade of deep rose pink - nice texture and reasonably longlasting, with no bleeding into fine lines (as yet)

All in all, I'm happy with the kit overall and will keep the AD as I really want the Dream Big palette but the foundation dispenser and this palette are negatives.

Well I must be in the minority-mine came on Saturday and I’ve been trying it out at different times of the day to see what it looked like in different lighting. The foundation whilst being the right colour( I got light/medium honey for my light/ medium skin) but there’s just no coverage and feels wet on the skin! The lipstick is a horrid purply brown shade.
The palette is nice and the mascara ok but not as good as the one in the last TSV- not sure if i’ll bother anymore. I might just stick with my Mac foundation!

the way the models were plastering it on i suspect you need a lot to get a good coverage

Exactly! And at that rate the bottle would be lucky to last a fortnight! Not impressed- even my cheapo Revlon colourstay or Boots No7 mousse ( the plastic pot one) cover perfectly and last for months!And as for my Mac full coverage I get 6 months out of it and let’s just say I don’t use it (ahem!) economically! Lol!

Someone on the Q Facebook asked about coverage and was told light-medium. On MUA someone was asking about the foundation yesterday and got the reply it is more light coverage. As it is basically the same product as the Hydra Gel Foundation, usually gel-like texture is light coverage.

A reasonable amount gave me medium coverage so maybe it depends on skin type - with my oily skin, maybe I get more bang for my buck!

If the foundation isn't suitable for my dry skin it'll be the last I order Sick of returning them!!

SCW/anyone - has anybody heard anything about the second drop of this TSV as it's due in the next week or so but I haven't heard a peep?

I know we've got another Tarte TSV coming up on 30/6 so I'd love to know what's in that just in case I want to cancel the second drop.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back