Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Exclusive Looney Tunes collection launches at Create and Craft

Create and Craft are excited to introduce a collection of vibrant and fun designs from everyone's favourite cartoon, Looney Tunes.

Perfect for creating a variety of cards, scrapbook pages and more, the characters include Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety, Sylvester, Tasmanian Devil, Marvin the Martian, Pep Le Sew and so on. Comprising of coordinated decoupage, toppers, papers and sentiments, as well as stamps and fat quarters, the collection includes something for everyone and the mix and match possibilities are endless!

Add the Mega Bundle to your basket.....

Read More.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Default Bose hedphones - best price but old model

ADVERTISING

I've regularly been tempted by the Bose over-ear noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones "Quiet comfort 35" but they've always been too expensive for me at 329.

But now Q is selling them for 69 off at just under 260.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Bose-QuietComfo....html?sc=PSCH&

But on doing some research, and finding that Q had the cheapest price I could find, I discovered that YET AGAIN Q are selling superseded old models of Bose stuff (and of course, they didn't mention this).

Not that there is anything wrong with them, but the Mk2 model has a number of additional features, and they are now 329 on the Bose website. And they have been available for some months too.

So should I or shouldn't I give way to temptation?
      Likes Wirral70 liked this post

2.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    That doesn't seem a big discount for a superseded model Alan, but at least Q gives you the chance to try them for a month...I'm not helping much am I?!
    Likes alter ego , stratobuddy liked this post

•    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alter ego , stratobuddy thanked for this post

•    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beading Belle View Post
    Their price for the Mk2 is only 20 more than the QVC Mk1 price. Have rung them, they are in stock.

Still thinking about it, it's a "considered purchase" to use the QVC jargon.
    Thanks alter ego thanked for this post
    Likes Beading Belle liked this post

•    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

I will be ordering tomorrow from them, hence the research to see who had the best deal :)

Was going to order the MK1 but for 20 extra will go for the MK2.

Not sure what qvc offer on MK1 but these have 2 years warranty on them as promotional offer.
    Likes stratobuddy liked this post

•    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, I have ordered. Hadn't realised about the 2 year warranty so thanks for that info too.

I spoke to Bose with various queries.

I particularly like that you can use a detachable lead to connect to non-Bluetooth sources, and when you plug the lead in, it switches off Bluetooth so it doesn't waste the battery. And on this MK2 you can set the noise reduction to various settings, including off, so if you are in a quiet area, you can save even more battery.

I will be using them a lot on the bus, listening to my pocket DAB radio (Viewquest, seen on QVC but bought cheaper elsewhere).

I have chosen silver, how about you?

PS. I have a couple of very small size Bluetooth transmitters, with Li-Ion batteries, bought very cheaply from China. So I may connect one of these to the radio, keep both in my pocket, and listen wirelessly on the Bose, so no tangle of wires when I am on the bus.
    Likes Beading Belle , Wirral70 liked this post

•    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

I've looked at these for a while (nearly said "years" ). I can't use on-ear or in-ear stuff as I get too much pain. I even use a travel pillow to sleep on so my ears don't touch anything (anyone else got any ideas for a replacement as it's killing my neck?).

I did think of the new version from the other seller, but I need the 30 day MBG.

Are the new features that good? I can't see me using features like having texts read to me. I don't use Siri or Alexa.

•    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

I have just ordered silver too :) They are for my daughter.
    Likes stratobuddy liked this post

•    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alter ego View Post
    I've looked at these for a while (nearly said "years" ). I can't use on-ear or in-ear stuff as I get too much pain. I even use a travel pillow to sleep on so my ears don't touch anything (anyone else got any ideas for a replacement as it's killing my neck?).

I did think of the new version from the other seller, but I need the 30 day MBG.

Are the new features that good? I can't see me using features like having texts read to me. I don't use Siri or Alexa.
    I don't like on-ear headphones because of the pressure needed on your ears to keep them in place. But over-ear rests on your skull, not ear, and with a bigger area of contact to spread the load.

I thought the extra 20 was worth paying to get the latest model with the adjustable noise reduction and an app as well, even if I don't use the google stuff (I don't have a smartphone in any case).

But I wouldn't have paid 50 extra and paid 330.
    Likes Beading Belle liked this post

•    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

You'd only get 12 month guarantee with QVC I think (some categories only 6 months) but you can still argue that an electrical item should have a life longer than 12 months (we've had refunds for 2 QVC printers that developed faults outside the 12months and argued it's reasonable to expect a longer life than a year. I'd say, generally speaking, buy from QVC if there's a likelihood you may return an item, if you're confident it'll be a keeper buy elsewhere.

•    Advertisment