Gorgeous, amaaaazing, stunning, fabulous zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I know the overuse of descriptive words is part of the selling process, but dear Lord, even the most basic fastener on a garment is being rapturised over. Have just switched fleetingly onto Joules, and the guest is salivating on a 'GORGEOUS' toggle and 'GORGEOUS' neck collar at the top of what can be called a Cagoule !

Ok, use the glam descriptives for the overall look of a garment if necessary, but we hear them so often used on other items too, like 'STUNNING' biscuit tins, pleeeeeeeease.

(oh hell, gobby Mally is on now, if ever a woman needed a sock shoved in her mouth its her)

Rant over.

Last week I channel hopped on to find Princess Jackie in her bored, fake, usual usage of the same three words together describing a top, and it went something like this " Oh wow! It's gorgeous! the shape of it is beautiful and looks so expensive! It is stunning! stunning! stunning! and the price is amazing! the colours beautiful too! absolute gorgeous! yes, love it! love it! love it!"........I watched this faux expression of a £29.99 top, and over the channel goes.

Would they really sell less if they stated facts facts facts and full description of the products or would we miss the amaazzzing, fabrication, wear it to a graduation, OMG it a top with a belt (Jez I’m never seen one of those before),wear it with a little pump/pant.

I heard that wearing a raincoat with a hood was like “having your own personal umbrella “

I despair, have they never heard of soft sell. If someone truthfully said that this particular style wouldn’t suit a large hipped person I would prefer that to buying, being disappointed and having to send back. The former would make me watch and listen to hear what might suit me the latter makes me write the total brand off.

When you hear that a particular style suits, short, tall, fat, thin, young, old, wedding, BBQ you know it is a load of ***t.

They just open their mouths and the crap comes out without them even knowing what they have said, it is just verbal face book and twatter nonsense. At times Q sounds like a cheap reality show without the sex.

All of their verbal diarrhea just makes me lose all faith in them. I now disbelieve every word they say because it all sounds such hard sell or total bollocks. Consequently I rarely watch and even more rarely buy. Their loss, my gain and I can`t be the only person totally turned off by their ridiculous antics.

Last week I channel hopped on to find Princess Jackie in her bored, fake, usual usage of the same three words together describing a top, and it went something like this " Oh wow! It's gorgeous! the shape of it is beautiful and looks so expensive! It is stunning and the price is amazing! the colours beautiful too! absolute gorgeous! yes, love it! love it! love it!"........I watched this faux expression of a £29.99 top, and over the channel goes.

Some nice tops in cotton traders sale. I also got a pair of leather trouser boots for £20. Sizing is great, if you are a 5 shoe the size is perfect ever time, same with clothes size is standard across the range I find.

They were selling a padded coat yesterday, they were saying it's a bit late to be buying a warm padded coat.....but buy this anyway, (or words to that effect)

A bit late is it? half the country has snow and freezing temperatures, what's on next week, summer clothes and ultrasun.

They are selling I accept that but the more they Push the more I retreat.I have had kitchen people in planning for hours & giving ‘if you sign up now’ discounts —No I want to think about it— they are not pleased but
leave empty handed. I never order.If I want to buy then I will, must admit have made some rash decisions on Q but have returned & put the p&p down to that experience!

Pipa was manic in the LG show.

I remember when I first watched Q Dale often welcomed viewers, said they understood many couldn’t afford to buy every show so just sit back and enjoy window shopping.

I know I ordered more during those shows both because it wasn’t hard sell and they had decent products.

I have found that the hard sell, banshee yelling has increased in proportion to the decline in products you would actually want to buy.

Just turned over to find Chuntley holding her iPad to hide her stomach (that's vanity for you) and the guest on the "fashion" is another Bid Tv presenter who's crept in, and good grief it's another rapid fire guest who loves the sound of her own voice, I bet she's hoping she'll get a permanent presenters job but she'll have to fight Gill Gauntlet for it. :mysmilie_17:

Just turned over to find Chuntley holding her iPad to hide her stomach (that's vanity for you) and the guest on the "fashion" is another Bid Tv presenter who's crept in, and good grief it's another rapid fire guest who loves the sound of her own voice, I bet she's hoping she'll get a permanent presenters job but she'll have to fight Gill Gauntlet for it. :mysmilie_17:
Yes everything is stunning according to this pair
Think they forget the age range with their styling advice at 67 don't think I'll be rushing to put trainers on as evening wear I'll leave that to the youngsters who can carry it off!!

I was in the 'selling' game for over 20 years - the biggest item of all, - property. I never used hard techniques at all, and that served me well, I just treated my clients in the same way that I would want to be treated. When showing them around a property, I never once said 'and this is the kitchen' - (where else would you find cupboards and a sink ?). With property its a gut feeling whether you want to buy or not as soon as you step through the door, but most of tele shopping is impulse buying, not 'need', so any sane person is not taken in with all the glam descriptives.

“I love this (light pink top) with light jeans but you can go TOTALLY with dark jeans”

is this a language I don’t know?[/QUOTE

They make their own words up .... One I noticed in the 4pm show was ' drapeage' tried to Google it and it changes it to drainage lol

You can also find#drapage which Urban Dictionary describes as : 'The act of someone pulling down the front of their pants just enough to expose...' I won't finish the description :mysmilie_17:

You can also find#drapage which Urban Dictionary describes as : 'The act of someone pulling down the front of their pants just enough to expose...' I won't finish the description :mysmilie_17:

I would just love to see their faces when they read that!! Though I doubt of would stop the verbal diarrhoea when they get into their stunningly gorgeous wonderful stride !! lol

I've noticed that the women presenters and guests are either shrieking and shouting (Pipa, you're the worst) or talking so fast you just can't listen to them. Maybe they have to talk fast to cover up the fact that they are talking complete rollocks. I end up turning off as my ears start hurting, even if I might want to buy. The male guests are never as bad, Ken Evans, George and Rupert on the gardening shows are a joy to listen to (if Richard and the presenter would stop interrupting).

CC

Another Marla Wynne show spoiled for me by that right royal pain in the butt Melissa ‘stenning ‘ Hardy. Didn’t know there was a colour called ‘meshroom’! I can usually tolerate most of the guests but I really can’t stand her fakery for much longer. That and Flinty going on about wearing a Marla Wynne top for breastfeeding! What?!

I love of those superlatives! The word "stunning" does stretch it a bit too far, particularly when used to describe some hideous Michele Hope stretchy lace number or some clashing Indigo Moon tat with a story coming through right there.

Lynn Paul of Marble was gushing out her own rendition of stunning to describe the top that was on offer today. Lynn, it wasn't stunning, it was horrid and nowhere near worth the money. The colours were nice though.

CC

Does anyone remember the word "mahusive." They were using that for a while: "You get a mahusive quantity of eye cream." I'm glad they did as I could not abide this word. I don't know where is came from but I believe it was a variant of "massive."

Latest posts

Back