I wish.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
when modelling long sleeved garments, the models wouldn't push up the sleeves.

A silly thing I know, BUT the number of times I've ordered a garment - and sent it back because the sodding sleeves are way too long. I've neither over long or too short arms - I'm 5'7 with average length, but its a minefield with long sleeve lengths - ok turning back the cuffs is fine with some fabric, but in the main its a shortening job. Three quarter sleeves no probs.

So, I now get suspicious when the models push up sleeves to their elbows (as they are doing in the Michelle Hopeless hour), because they must be too long on them too !!

Look how long the sleeves are on Katie?, the stylist! She made no mention of how long the sleeves were because the details were on the sleeves. I agree, if sleeves are too long you can usually just fold them back, but as this is a feature of this particular jumper it wouldn’t work.

If I wear a jumper with sleeves this long I look like an extra from Annie! 565D6843-4252-44DD-AAE3-6D5F3C1F005C.jpg

I noticed that most of her new range had a much lower delivery charge than yesterday's Marble. Surely an item of knitwear is no different in weight from another?

Tiff apparently is a fit model for Together. Well all I can say is she must be an orangutan judging by the length of sleeves in that range.

If possible I go for bracelet length sleeves which are a good length for me. Most turned back cuffs look a bit clumsy .

I wish when presenting a bag as a shoulder bag the model would wear it on her shoulder, not the crook of the arm, and over a coat not a thin top. How else are we to guage if a shoulder bag straps are long enouh.

Unfortunately, they think for every size up, a woman's arm grows an inch and you get taller, who knew?

I agree Shopperholic, it was ever thus; but I realise there will always be ladies who are grateful for longer sleeves, however when models are seen with a great wad of fabric around their elbows and keep pushing up the sleeve, I know straightaway that the sleeves are too long even for them ! I'm surprised that Michelle Hope hasn't rectified this as one of the few British designers on Q.

So much of the modelling is disingenuous. All those 5'10+ models wearing petite trousers with the crutch heading for their knees because the waistband is south of their hips, anybody?
It also infuriates me that so much of the clothes are shown in black so you can't see the details. Fair enough if it's the only colour but usually there are other colours.

Or cardigans or jackets hiding the rear view of trousers, skirts and dresses, not to mention hiding the arms of the garment underneath or the armholes. I'm sure when they had the "old guard" of models it wasn't this bad! Then that might be why they aren't on any more, because they gave us better demonstrations of the clothes.

I like a long sleeve that stops at the wrist, not the fingertips... And certainly not a sleeve so long you look like a kid playing "dressy up" in your mum's wardrobe!!

Bag demonstrations on the models, another bugbear. Not only not shown over a coat or other bulky clothing, but always shown without contents. Not an issue on a structured bag, but ridiculous on bags which only really come into their own when filled with stuff.

Totally agree with all you say May. A stylist had sent a model out with a ****** great scarf around her neck, so the neckline of the top on offer was completely obliterated, and the dumb brained model hadn't the sense to move it to one side or take it off completely.

Anyway, I wrote off to Michele Hope's office complaining about the models pushing up the sleeves so that there is always a wad of fabric around the elbows. Here's the reply.................

"Thank you for your email. Michele has passed your comments onto her office for a prompt reply.

I will most certainly pass your comments over to show control at QVC requesting that the models on the day of filming refrain from pushing the sleeves back on the knitwear. I understand how frustrating it can be if you cannot see a garment in its entirety and of course it is an inconvenience to have to return a garment back in the post. "

So we shall see if there is a difference. When I wrote to the chief exec in the US in charge of the UK QVC, about the inane and unnecessary chitchat the presenters were coming out with (back last summer), for a while it stopped, but Chloe has started up again, yakking on about nothing to do with the product in hand.

Don’t get me started on armholes on sleeveless tops. Every bliddy brand both Q and DHS are total crap.

I have no idea how they fit the average woman and as I am a size bigger on the bottom you could get me and half the country into the armholes. I have to alter every single one, yet when the models come out they are perfect, somehow I think there are a few bulldog clips hidden somewhere.

Latest posts

Back