QVC - The Inside Story

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Was considering applying for a new job and looked on Glassdoor, a website that enables employees to anonymously review companies work or have worked for. Anyway I plugged in QVC and read with interest a plethora of testimonies that would appear to support what we all really suspected, namely that QVC has a bullying culture, inept and americanised management structure. It's just interesting to see what employees actually have to say.

Anyway, give it a read if you've got a spare few mins:

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Overview/Working-at-QVC-UK-EI_IE12839.11,17.htm

I bet you anything over the coming weeks QVC will be working overtime to write positive reviews on there!

It's got salaries listed there, employee photos, interview questions and all sorts of things. Shame it hasn't got any info on presenters' pay and T&Cs. Seems as though the former QVC thoroughbred is now a lame old nag.

I got so far on the website, then it asked me to sign up before I could go further. I didn't, but saw enough, and that the Buyers were on around 60k per year - yeah really worth it aren't they, to deliver the rubbish they serve up to us.

Some last year put a link to a site showing those working at QVC and their comments about the business.

Very mixed and seem to be high pressure.

Won't be clicking the link as Brissles says it wants you to sign in.

Some last year put a link to a site showing those working at QVC and their comments about the business.

I had a good neb. Would never use my own e-mail address, but there is always the disposable mail box system at 10minute mail for this kind of thing

http://10minutemail.com

:)

Such a shame none of the presenters have revealed some secrets. I'd dearly LOVE to know how much they earn. I know it's been the subject of much speculation over the years. I bet they earn a good quid. They are, after all, the faces of the brand. I bet Julia Roberts earns a fortune and Katy Pullinger gets a mere fraction, just the merest little snippet!

Yeah, I provided the link before, to same site Glassdoor .....

Such a shame none of the presenters has revealed some secrets. I'd dearly LOVE to know how much they earn. I know it's been the subject of much speculation over the years. I bet they earn a good quid. They are, after all, the faces of the brand. I bet Julia Roberts earns a fortune and Katy Pullinger gets a mere fraction, just the merest little snippet!

We found out long ago the presenters negotiate their own contracts and no doubt termed self-employed under the data protection that will never be up on a website. The guest presenters are employed by the companies, not QVC, they tend to be actors or models with previous TV work. Loads of them have been seen doing TV ads in between. Or running salons in the beauty ranges so classed as professional or even family members of as in the case of Michelle Mone.

Whatever it says on Glassdoor, I see QVC UK has picked up "top employer" certification.

http://www.diyweek.net/qvc-certified-as-top-employer

One to add to the "No Idea How They Got That Award" list but apparently:

Since launching in 1993, QVC UK has strived to be a very special business - working to create the most engaging shopping experiences across our website, four TV channels and an award-winning app. Dedicated to helping customers find what they love, our success is based on the special relationships we build with our customers. At the end of 2017, QVC acquired the Home Shopping Network in America, and we are now one of the world’s leading multimedia retailers, with over one million active customers in the UK. Our team is made up of people who love what they do and get excited about new products and channels, in an environment where everyone is encouraged to feel proud of their work.

Number of employees: 2000

https://www.top-employers.com/en-GB/certified-top-employers/

Latest posts

Back