STK Smartphone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dancarr

Registered Shopper
After Manice going to Hochanda, we were left with Mr Bean presenting the god awful STK smartphones...

Now Mr Bean seems to have been axed, and we're left with Peter Volovants.

What is going on at that place?

Rats leaving the sinking ship or the boss chopping heads one by one? :mysmilie_17:

My goodness it is beyond cringe watching volovant trying to work out this smart bit of ****......sorry, I meant kit :mysmilie_17: He's making departed Granny Smith look like an actual 'expert'!

He has, what looks like, the phone instruction sheet laid out and he's craftily taking a read while Beck is blethering on about making sure you put the 404040 code in at the checkout. What is it with all these codes at the checkout? Are they hoping some forget to enter it and pay full whack?....no, of course not :mysmilie_11:

During the hour I caught sight of the new presenter called Jeremy flogging 'we've only got 10......now there's only 6' refurbished Apple ipads. Well it was a joint effort cos again old Volovant was there saying 'new back, new front, new battery......' He'd got written notes at the back of the ipad too :mysmilie_19:

What a scrapyard of a channel

What a shambles- Paul 'the hollow man' Becque with his 'meltdown' nonsense and silly old Vol au vent reading from his crib sheet !!!!
But the highlight was Screeching Sally's voice over......' unconditional love for mobile tech..they follow their passion to redefine luxury..STK designers span the length of the world with one prevalent dream..to go where there is no path , and leave a trail.'

Whoever wrote this garbage should be fired !

What gets me is, every man and his dog must have owned a smartphone for years now, so explaining what one is should be childs play. You really do have to be a bit dim-witted to not be able to explain it....a chimpanzee could do it.

"it has Marshmalow on this...what is marshmallow" well Ill tell you, like the iPad 3's you attempt to shift, it is an out dated operating system.

And he shows off photos on the phone...and then explains that they are photos he has downloaded!! What a pointless demonstration

I'd love them to explain why there are only 2 reviews (totalling 3/5 stars) for a phone they have supposedly sold thousands of. They could start by explaining that they took down god knows how many 1 star reviews :)

Watching as much of that presentation as I can bear, STK may be a 'decent' company but in their Ideal World promotional video the mission statement/slogan includes "to go where there is no path and to leave a trail". Exactly what the trail consists of remains unspecified :mysmilie_59:

Neither me nor my dog have a smartphone (and I don't have a dog either).

But I was very tempted by the Archos phone TSV on Q the other day.

I would have bought one except the swish-looking gold had sold out, and only boring black was left.

Neither me nor my dog have a smartphone (and I don't have a dog either).

But I was very tempted by the Archos phone TSV on Q the other day.

I would have bought one except the swish-looking gold had sold out, and only boring black was left.

I once had a cheap Windows phone made by Archos (Bush-branded from Argos); the phone itself was very nice for the money but the camera wasn't that good. So unless Archos have improved their camera hardware/software recently I would probably suggest looking elsewhere, and Archos weren't that noted for software updates or support.

Have a look at the Motorola range; they do some good cheap (and not so cheap) phones, but whatever smartphone you get, try to get one with the newest version of Android possible ('Nougat' is preferable to 'Marshmallow'; 'Oreo' being the latest version). The new Nokia phones are supposedly OK as well but it certainly pays to do a lot of research online before buying.

This is the Archos phone, the TSV price was £114.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Archos-Sense-5...-Camera-with-Case.product.514702.html?sc=SRCH

I have several Archos tablets, they were well before their time, long before the ipad arrived.

The larger one is touch screen and has 160GB storage!!!

The build quality was superb, with loads of connectivity, including using it as a TV recorder.

I still use it, but the battery doesn't hold its charge any more (but it is easily user-replaceable). But it works fine in its mains-powered dock.

I do enjoy how they bang on about STK selling over a billion accessories for mobile phones. They never say what those accessories are. If it is something as simple as screen protectors or a rubberised case then it isn't exactly cutting edge stuff.

I have my trusty old Microsoft Lumia 640XL and for the money it is an amazing phone. I'm not someone who needs access to a gazillion apps and this phone has a great display and good camera as well. I know Windows Phones are considered a bit of a joke, but it runs windows 10 mobile, which is updated frequently, and ties in nicely with Windows 10 on my laptop. I can send texts from my laptop via the phone, my laptop tells me when my battery is low etc. It basically does what an iPhone does when used in conjunction with a Mac. But these channels would have you believe only Apple has that kind of integration.

Anyway.....I better watch what I say. You never know who is reading

Is the welcome discount on this STK phone connected to the savings made from no longer paying Jukebox Janice’s vast expertise fees? :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back