It Cosmetics TSV 04/03/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got the TSV (in light) yesterday evening and tried it out this morning - the foundation is definitely darker than any other 'light' I've seen but as someone else mentioned, it blends out nicely and builds coverage well so I'm pleased. The 'illumination' is very subtle indeed so there's no danger of looking too disco - I was surprised though I had to use two pumps to cover my whole face as a similar size to one pump in Tarte's 24 hour clay will cover my whole face with plenty to spare.

I haven't tried the rest of the items, other than the brush which I was VERY disappointed with - it looked like it was the complexion brush they sell on Q (http://www.qvcuk.com/IT-Cosmetics-H...-Perfection-Brush.product.230172.html?sc=PSCH) but it is a very poor and flimsy, 'made for the TSV' jobby which I am not impressed with at all, especially given the quality of the other IT brushes I have.

All in all, I'm pleased with the foundation and will keep the kit, but doubt I will keep going with any further drops.

I noticed that the brush looked more grey plastic, compared to the black and chrome type quality of others brushes, in America they got a gorgeous paddle brush (more flat than round) which is better for liquid foundation, and what do QVC customers get? A second rate, poor quality brush.

And in their breakdown of the TSV value, they said the brush was £34 (which is £2 more than the palette and £4 more than the foundation). Disgusting if it's substandard.

I noticed that the brush looked more grey plastic, compared to the black and chrome type quality of others brushes, in America they got a gorgeous paddle brush (more flat than round) which is better for liquid foundation, and what do QVC customers get? A second rate, poor quality brush.

And in their breakdown of the TSV value, they said the brush was £34 (which is £2 more than the palette and £4 more than the foundation). Disgusting if it's substandard.

Yep, ain't no way the brush we got in the TSV is the official complexion brush that Q sells (per my earlier link) - I didn't watch any of the presentations (and of course they are no longer available) so don't know how the brush was presented, unfortunately. Be interested to hear others' thoughts on the brush...

Having just had a good moan-up on another thread about how useless QVC are, you can call me a hypocrite for this but I did order the IT Cosmetics TSV - two shades on auto delivery (the unsuitable one will go on eBay and AD will be cancelled, obviously).

Anyway, one has arrived today (typically, the two items are coming separately!). I agree with the earlier comment about how it arrives - all beautifully boxed and very classy looking. It's a lovely set and I have no regrets about ordering. Unfortunately, I had already done my makeup for the day so I won't be trying it all properly until tomorrow so I guess I should reserve judgement till then, but just to say the Fair shade is, to my surprise, looking perfect despite what that tall bird said about being only for the fairest of the fair, which I am not. I almost didn't order it at all when she said that but fortunately, I read comments about shades on here so thank you for that, everyone. I put a little on the back of my hand next to the Estée Lauder Sand I was matched to and it's almost identical. Let's see how it goes on.

Tarketta, the brush looks ok in the tube but I have no other IT brushes to compare it to. I'll let you know how I find it in use.

Yes, referring to the fair shade: I imagined it being almost white, but it is not (in the original version), it is a matching colour for me (fair with freckles, but not fairest of the fair). Could be a tiny little bit more beige, but it is good. My TSV hasn't arrived yet, it is a long way to swim to Germany.;-)

I got the fair too. It’s a little bit dark for me, I’m Fair in BM & Porcelain in B&B, NW15 in Mac, if that’s any help to anyone. I’ll save it for summer, being a good SPF too. The palette is nice, didn’t use the brush yet so not compared it to other IT ones I have.
Wish you could access the reviews to see what others think, a real nuisance when they take them down even through your order history

Thank goodness I didn’t order as based on the first version I would have gone for a darker shade & from your feedback it would have been wrong.This is why I very rarely take a chance on ordering foundations from QVC & try in a shop with the P&P & return it is just less hassle.

I got the fair too. It’s a little bit dark for me, I’m Fair in BM & Porcelain in B&B, NW15 in Mac, if that’s any help to anyone. I’ll save it for summer, being a good SPF too. The palette is nice, didn’t use the brush yet so not compared it to other IT ones I have.
Wish you could access the reviews to see what others think, a real nuisance when they take them down even through your order history
I am fairly light in BM original foundation and I think the fair should be a good match (the fair in the original is o.k. although could be a tiny little bit more beige).

Thank goodness I didn’t order as based on the first version I would have gone for a darker shade & from your feedback it would have been wrong.This is why I very rarely take a chance on ordering foundations from QVC & try in a shop with the P&P & return it is just less hassle.
Oh how I would love to try all the IT Cosmetics stuff in a shop! Unfortunately, that is impossible as none of the shops carries this brand so I have to wait until I am in the UK or in the US again to try everything in real life.:)

Feeling like a total eegit. Mine arrived today and I got stuck in to the palate. I thought it might have been already opened as it looked as if the seal was breached. I spent a while trying to get it open. The Ouch Here made me think it was more complex than it actually is. I went on to YouTube to see if 8 could see anyone opening it. I was just about to post on here. Basically a post going "How the Hell do you open the damn thing?" - shouted in capitals, when I had one more go and tore off what I thought was the rest of the broken seal. If course the seal had been intact and that is why it wouldn't open.

Haven't applied it but part of the joy of make up is how I feel when I pick up and open the items and this does make me feel good. This is the thing that will make me beautiful �� (case of better to travel hopefully than to arrive��)

I gave in and stuck it on auto-delivery.

I knew I wanted Light (it is a tad darker than expected, but does blend out well and the illumination is subtle), but wasn't sure of the palette and the mascara.

Turns out I love the palette, hate the mascara and although having it on auto-delivery would still be a good deal for what you get, I think I'll cancel.

So... how do I cancel an AD? Can I do it online or do I have to ring (hate doing that)?

TIA

I gave in and stuck it on auto-delivery.

I knew I wanted Light (it is a tad darker than expected, but does blend out well and the illumination is subtle), but wasn't sure of the palette and the mascara.

Turns out I love the palette, hate the mascara and although having it on auto-delivery would still be a good deal for what you get, I think I'll cancel.

So... how do I cancel an AD? Can I do it online or do I have to ring (hate doing that)?

TIA

Glad to hear you like (most of) the TSV, alter ego - I feel much the same, although I've done no more than look at the palette and mascara (and have already expressed my dissatisfaction with the flimsy brush) and think I will probably cancel my AD as well. It will come as no shock to find out there is no functionality to enable you to do this online, so my preferred method is to forward on the order confirmation to Q customer service and ask them to cancel future AD drops. I used to call up but when a cancelled Yankee AD was delivered to me and they denied all knowledge of me calling up, I decided to get email proof where possible!

Glad to hear you like (most of) the TSV, alter ego - I feel much the same, although I've done no more than look at the palette and mascara (and have already expressed my dissatisfaction with the flimsy brush) and think I will probably cancel my AD as well. It will come as no shock to find out there is no functionality to enable you to do this online, so my preferred method is to forward on the order confirmation to Q customer service and ask them to cancel future AD drops. I used to call up but when a cancelled Yankee AD was delivered to me and they denied all knowledge of me calling up, I decided to get email proof where possible!

I recently tried to cancel an AD online as I was sure someone on here had said it was now possible (maybe it was for a short while but making the website useful probably caused a blown fuse). I hadn't thought about the possibility of them denying a call to cancel, Tarketta. Maybe I'll follow your suggestion in future and email.

I should imagine that would've been really popular with QVCUk customers, but as always the QVCUk customers always get short changed. I notice this one has a better brush, products you can use on a daily basis rather than shoving a mascara in with everything to bulk it out and to top it all off, free delivery. Yes, as I've always said, QVCUK franchise is most definitely a watered down version of QVCUSA

Thanks for the reply - and the useful info on the "no record of" cancellation.

I try to always keep a written record with ALL transactions (even if it just means screenshots that I now email to myself - too many computer breakdowns under my belt these days), but Q makes it impossible.

I used to take the operator's name and take a pic or screen grab of the minutes the call has taken and email it to myself, but I can see that wouldn't work if they were adamant. It's still a useful hint if you're doing phone transactions, though, as in the recent case of an amended doctor's appointment they said I didn't attend. I was mightily annoyed to have been put on the naughty list because of the receptionist's mistake - though I now try to catch other staff on calls as she'd decided to make life difficult for me. B!tch!

Okay, rant over :mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back