It Cosmetics TSV 04/03/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've ordered the auto in Fair as that's the lightest & Im always that in every brand. Can always cancel the other drops

There looks a typical QVC balls up on the website (shock!) they've got a picture of a jar of face cream, but it's not there in the picture of the TSV. Honestly, how a company of the size of QVC can consistently make all these mistakes and not even be arsed is a mystery, it really is.

Oh yeah, well spotted. They really are a shambolic outfit.

Loathe as I am to stick up for Q, but I think it's just a sachet of the face cream, presumably a freebie to tempt you into buying the full size :)

Ani go to Will Gowings facebook page there is a video up and they discuss the TSV they may give you a guide to colours. I am a light in the origional cc cream and ordered light in this one as well x
Thanks a lot! In the video they said they were going to go through the shades, but they didn't. Instead, they mentioned the competition every couple of minutes. But what they also said was if you already had the originsl CC cream in a suitable shade, then you would know your shade in the CC Illumination as well.

I am no quite sure because I have read that the colours would differ in terms of "darkness" and I am thinking about buying two sets to be prepared for summer, one in fair and one in light, but in order to decide on that, I need to see the shades swatched to see how light or dark, respectively, they are scalewise.

Loathe as I am to stick up for Q, but I think it's just a sachet of the face cream, presumably a freebie to tempt you into buying the full size :)

Although there's no mention of a free sample, how difficult would it be to put a picture of a sachet instead of a jar, misleading.....again.....their customer.

Oh I see, with them not mentioning a sachet, I wouldn't have known if you wouldn't have said, that and the fact I didn't look that closely at the picture (oops!) Apologies for that, but I still stand by QVC make a lot of website balls ups. :mysmilie_17:

Oh I see, with them not mentioning a sachet, I wouldn't have known if you wouldn't have said, that and the fact I didn't look that closely at the picture (oops!) Apologies for that, but I still stand by QVC make a lot of website balls ups. :mysmilie_17:

Hee hee, I sure as hell won't be disputing that, one of the worst shopping websites I've ever used, only topped by Boots!

I have just received my TSV and it is lovely. All the items are separate and individually boxed. I have just tried the cc+ illumination cream in light and it does come out darker than the original and has an orange undertone. I think I need the fair in this one so may have to order another kit.
You do get a sachet of confidence i a cream to try.

The thing is, we see so many mistakes on the Q website, we assume the worst. I, too, thought that was a picture of a jar because it would be just like QVC to do something so silly.

I have just received my TSV and it is lovely. All the items are separate and individually boxed. I have just tried the cc+ illumination cream in light and it does come out darker than the original and has an orange undertone. I think I need the fair in this one so may have to order another kit.

Thank you very much, that helps me a lot! So I am going to buy my usual shade fair in this CC cream. Now I only have to decide whether to buy one or two kits.

The thing is, we see so many mistakes on the Q website, we assume the worst. I, too, thought that was a picture of a jar because it would be just like QVC to do something so silly.

Thanks Andi that's true, we normally think the worst of their website because 99.9% of the time, we're usually right :mysmilie_3:

The reviews are pretty mixed over this, and one of the ingredients is "snail secretion filtration" which I'm sure will put a lot of people off, but for the people who've bought it, I hope you like your purchase.

I don't like the sound of the orange - was hoping for yellow but I know that doesn't suit everyone either.

Can you comment on coverage, miss molly, or have you not had chance to apply it to your face yet? I need a decent coverage but have yet to find a CC cream that gives it, despite what some of the manufacturers claim.

Hopefully this will help a little. I LOVE the original CC cream and have it in the shade light. I'm usually the second lightest shade in foundation....roughly a NC20 and find the light to be a good shade match for me. Maybe a tad too dark in the winter but this is mainly for the summer months anyway.....plus for some bizarre reason my neck is much paler than my face and so usually I have to bronze my neck to match my face anyway lol.
I received this TSV this morning. I agree with Miss Molly this CC cream does seem a little darker/more orange toned than the original but I just tried it and it blends into my face exactly the same. There does seem to be tiny glitter particles in it but nothing drastic. The coverage is amazing which is why I love it so much. I own LOTS of high end foundations and have to say that this is one of my favourites....although it doesn't last as long as some of the others that I own. This is the perfect foundation to wear in the summer months due to its high SPF and I wore it all of last summer and didn't burn at all even in boiling temperatures in Venice and Sardinia. I did take Estee Lauder Double Wear with me on holiday too but didn't reach for it once! Also, this is the only CC/foundation that I've used up in a long, long time so it must be good lol. I have normal to dry skin by the way.
The rest of the TSV is lovely :) I would say that the palette is definitely geared towards lighter skin tones because I had to really dip my brush into the blusher and bronzer to get the colour pay off that I wanted. The mascara is amazing too....a little too wet maybe but just take off the excess with a tissue and then amazing long lashes with volume too.
Everyone should order one of these kits, it's brilliant value for money. Stupid that the auto delivery is exactly the same though! Who the hell wants more than one of these palettes every 90 days??? Ridiculous lol xx

Hopefully this will help a little. I LOVE the original CC cream and have it in the shade light. I'm usually the second lightest shade in foundation....roughly a NC20 and find the light to be a good shade match for me. Maybe a tad too dark in the winter but this is mainly for the summer months anyway.....plus for some bizarre reason my neck is much paler than my face and so usually I have to bronze my neck to match my face anyway lol.
I received this TSV this morning. I agree with Miss Molly this CC cream does seem a little darker/more orange toned than the original but I just tried it and it blends into my face exactly the same. There does seem to be tiny glitter particles in it but nothing drastic. The coverage is amazing which is why I love it so much. I own LOTS of high end foundations and have to say that this is one of my favourites....although it doesn't last as long as some of the others that I own. This is the perfect foundation to wear in the summer months due to its high SPF and I wore it all of last summer and didn't burn at all even in boiling temperatures in Venice and Sardinia. I did take Estee Lauder Double Wear with me on holiday too but didn't reach for it once! Also, this is the only CC/foundation that I've used up in a long, long time so it must be good lol. I have normal to dry skin by the way.
The rest of the TSV is lovely :) I would say that the palette is definitely geared towards lighter skin tones because I had to really dip my brush into the blusher and bronzer to get the colour pay off that I wanted. The mascara is amazing too....a little too wet maybe but just take off the excess with a tissue and then amazing long lashes with volume too.
Everyone should order one of these kits, it's brilliant value for money. Stupid that the auto delivery is exactly the same though! Who the hell wants more than one of these palettes every 90 days??? Ridiculous lol xx

Oh drat - I was talking myself out of it because of the orange hue to the Light shade and thinking the CC cream might not have enough coverage for me. And now I want it!

I see you also use Estée Lauder Double Wear, honey72, as I do. Could you tell me what shade of that is your best match as that might help me decide about the IT shade.

Oh drat - I was talking myself out of it because of the orange hue to the Light shade and thinking the CC cream might not have enough coverage for me. And now I want it!

I see you also use Estée Lauder Double Wear, honey72, as I do. Could you tell me what shade of that is your best match as that might help me decide about the IT shade.

AndiK my winter shade is ecru 1N2 and summer is desert beige 2N1 or I just mix the two. Both are neutral shades but I can also wear yellow toned foundations too. What shade are you in DW? x

Latest posts

Back