Clarisonic TSV 12/03/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, like using a sonic toothbrush will clean your teeth better than manual. But you must be committed to using at least 2 to 3 times a week and changing the brush heads. Or a waste of money. You can use any cleanser that you rinse off with them.

I'm not impressed with all the ultrasonic technology, personally. I have bought and tried a clarisonic, and an ultrasonic toothbrush. Neither gave me the super clean feeling they bang on about. My dentist said that a good quality electric toothbrush is better, and my own experience is that is true. I think the current state of the technology available is the early (cheaper) technology, and eventually there will be a better version that will be worth paying for.
On Clarisonic etc, there are unabashed fans, but some skincare experts think they over clean the skin and cause a new set of problems instead of the old set. I expect that if you are going to be slathered in heavy makeup, spending time in deeply polluted areas (underground transport systems for example) there is a benefit, but for some it will fall into the sledgehammer to crack a nut category.

I bought an Ultrasonic(is that the one from QVC?), it went just after the warranty ran out. I then bought a proper Philips Sonic on offer from Boots, the difference was amazing. Still using it years later and found I can get smaller brush heads too. I have noticed dentists all push the Oral B brushes, I was told they get a % for each one they sell. My first electric toothbrush was an Oral B back in the 90s and I loved it until after going through a few I bought the Philips.

I actually got in TKMaxx a mini Forea Luna for £27, the rubber cleanser. I know QVC did their own cheap version last year. Many say it is better than the Clarisonic no changing brush heads etc. I prefer my Clarisonic though I swap around each week which I use every other day.

Latest posts

Back