Julian Ballantyne is back - but not on QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Golden Brown

Registered Shopper
I got an e-mail about Ideal World's new presenter Jeremy Edwards and clicked on the TV schedule to see when he is on. Imagine my surprise to see Julian Ballantyne listed as presenting this Sunday at 3pm and 6pm! Yes, he's back! Whatever happened to his craft channel? Anyway, he'll be a big improvement on Peter Simon and Mike Mason!

'And like a rubber ball, I come bouncin' back to you' as sung by Bobby Vee.

I know he and Debbie G were well thought of on here but I found both to be a bit bumbling much like Kathy T was but their saving grace was they weren’t hyper banshees which would now be a welcome change.

However they may have had to go more hard sell like Kathy T has to keep their jobs particularly since both have been without a secure job for some time.

I liked Julian, but then again, I like Kathy T too.

Don’t you find that her personality/presenting style has dramatically changed in the last few years?

She appears to be unable to get through a presentation without umpteen mistakes and has become quite rude to guests and twatters (not that I would give them any of my time!)

I think I really went off her when her daughter had a QVC wedding and we were sickened with it.

Can't stand angressive Kathy T, absolutely love and could watch Julian B all day, if I had to pick an all time favourite presenter, for me it would definitely be JB.

Don’t you find that her personality/presenting style has dramatically changed in the last few years?

She appears to be unable to get through a presentation without umpteen mistakes and has become quite rude to guests and twatters (not that I would give them any of my time!)

I think I really went off her when her daughter had a QVC wedding and we were sickened with it.
To be fair, I haven't watched QVC in years, so no, I have no recent viewing on which to base my opinion. If what you say is true, it's a shame.

paul laveers my favourite presenter of all time: funny dry and deeply sarcastic in a nice way of course

I wonder how we would feel about them if they returned now?

Remember the awful Sara G although I detested her as much the first time around but others who did like her became disenchanted very quickly.

I got an e-mail about Ideal World's new presenter Jeremy Edwards and clicked on the TV schedule to see when he is on. Imagine my surprise to see Julian Ballantyne listed as presenting this Sunday at 3pm and 6pm! Yes, he's back! Whatever happened to his craft channel? Anyway, he'll be a big improvement on Peter Simon and Mike Mason!

that be a big improvement if so as i looked on their tv guide & couldnt see him on it strangely

paul laveers my favourite presenter of all time: funny dry and deeply sarcastic in a nice way of course

Mine too. I also thought Kara Baker was very sweet; when my mum died I had to confirm the closure of her account in writing & I added that Kara was her favourite presenter, a few days later she phoned me & she was delightful.

Kara was given an apatite ring as a leaving present, her favourite stone. Nowadays presenters just disappear off the face of the earth.

I wonder if he will take the opportunity while on air to explain what happened to his last venture, shopping nation, and why they closed down the Facebook page so that customers potentially left out of pocket had nowhere to try and find out what was happening?

Can't stand the guy and his fake accent.

I cants stand JB and as said by Retrovertigo his fake accent makes him impossible to watch and listen to. These days I watch less and less of QVC and rarely watch any of the other shopping channels.

I wonder how we would feel about them if they returned now?

Remember the awful Sara G although I detested her as much the first time around but others who did like her became disenchanted very quickly.

Was so glad to see the back of her again. I hope and pray she never returns.

Latest posts

Back