Free postage

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
I’m noticing on each show I have watched over the last few days (and on line) that there has been an item which is post free.

As this is virtually unknown in Qland do you think they are testing the waters to see if it encourages more ordering?

It was a Ashwood bag in the 6pm show,newish I think so not a clearance item.

Actually if the website is to be believed there are 578 yes 578 free p&p!!!

Now we just have to find something we would actually want to buy which isn’t vastly overpriced.

Yes I thought I was dreaming the other day when I started to see items with no p&p charge. Let’s hope it is a growing trend, not before time.

Just had a gander and there are a lot of Phase Eight items free.

As they are a DHS brand it should be relatively easy to see if they have factored the post in.

Well I looked at a top on Q £55 post free

On Phase Eight reduced from £55 to £44 but only free postage over £50 free returns. Ofcourse no postage if purchased in store.

Often the item comes direct from the supplier anyway who offer p&p so QVC not giving you anything really. They're probably taking a slight hit on their profiits so are running £5 and £10 promotions due to a loss in sales, they needn't worry though, their parent company QVC USA will carry any slack but if they can grab a penny more from you, they will.

My last purchase was months before Christmas, I haven't closed my account because there are sometimes offers that can't be refused or bettered elsewhere. I'll be interested to see if my absence is noticed & I get one of those 'It's been a while since we heard from you' communications that other companies send out. As the Q isn't known for loyalty I somehow doubt it.

Probably just trying it 'cause February is a slow month in retail. Taking modestly reduced profit for a temporary period is better than folks buying nowt because of extortionate postage.

I don't mind paying some postage but the charges made by QVC for a single item are often quite high and when multiple items are ordered the postage really adds up. It would be great if they did something like Ideal World with a capped p&p when more than one item is ordered.

its the postage costs for say pyjamas you want the top and the bottom sold separately that's at least £8 just for postage

I don't mind paying some postage but the charges made by QVC for a single item are often quite high and when multiple items are ordered the postage really adds up. It would be great if they did something like Ideal World with a capped p&p when more than one item is ordered.

IW also do one item number one p&p so you can order as many colours/sizes of the same item for one p&p, but yes capped for different items. QVC won't do that though as it'll eat in to their profits and after all postage pays for the "free" phone number, someone has to pay it and it certainly isn't going to be them, same with free returns too. IW do next day delivery, how a company of QVCs size can't offer this or even Paypal is anyone's guess.

I think QVC's argument for using postage to pay for the 'free' phone ordering is a bit lame - I never order by phone - always online and I suspect many others do too. The only time I use the phone is the rare call to customer services.

It is with regard to clothes that the postage really adds up if you need to order more than one size ...hence I almost never order clothes unless I am absolutely sure of my size. My last clothes purchases have been Joules - their sizes seem consistent and I am always the same size unlike with many QVC brands where sizing can be very random. I ordered the Ruth Langsford jeans TSV on advanced order then cancelled when some of the reviews came through saying the petite jeans were still too long. That would have been a complete waste of postage due to poor sizing/measurement.

Last edited:
I think we are all agreed that if they had capped postage per order it would be a start at winning some of us back.

Perhaps with the exception of folks who buy new beauty brands I think we would all prefer this and scrap the 30day mbg as it can be returned under DSR if unused anyway.

Latest posts

Back