missing stone!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Buttercorn

Registered Shopper
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I bought a diamonique five stone ring from QVC in December.
It is a very pretty ring and I enjoyed wearing it. However, I noticed this morning when I put it on that one of the stones is missing. I have contacted QVC via their form, but was wondering if anyone here knows if I'm likely to get any joy from them. ie a repair or refund. Thanks for any help and opinions!

jewellery is a year guarantee so your fine. i bought the diamonique version of the alison young ring. beautiful gorgeous ring but within two weeks a stone had fallen out. this ring has a lot of tiny pave stones and if not done well is notorious for the stones coming loose

I had returned some faulty jewellery after the 30 mbg. I think I called CS and they sent me the pre-paid label.

Reading their Facebook page seems they can if you want actually just replace the missing stone! A number of people have said they were told to return and the ring came back as good as new.

But since your ring is so new cannot see why they would not replace with a new one or refund you.

I'd go for a refund; a good 10-12 years ago I had a DQ full eternity ring which lost a stone; they had it back to replace the stone but the stone sizes didn't match and it didn't look good. Being a full eternity I can still wear it but for a ring with just one focal point I'd opt for a refund or replacement rather than a repair.

I'd suggest a refund too. It was Tova earrings that were faulty and I replaced them three times but they all had the same problem, so I thought I won't try the CS patience any more. But since the replacement is free postage, perhaps it makes sense to see if there's any improvement on the replacement item.

Oh thank you so much ladies for your support. I'm having such a bad day, when I noticed the stone missing, it was the final straw.
I burst into tears. Daft, I know, its only a ring, but as I said it was the final thing to go wrong (I hope) Plus I have the headache from hell!!
I'm sure today is really the 13th!!!!!!

I will give them a day or so and if I don't hear I will use that email address, thank you Akimbo!

i would phone them much faster. they will send a free postage label you should get a refund within 2 weeks

[mum writes]

For me it was Butler and Wilson - the eye of horus ring, which now only has a couple of stones left in it. It's way out of guarantee so can't be sorted. I wouldn't buy jewellery from the DQ range now as the quality just isn't there. I have old items which are really nice quality and have lasted, but all the new stuff, to me, just feels cheap and flimsy and not something I'd expect to last long.

I bought a couple of Eek pieces lately and was very pleased with the stone clarity and a nice sparkle and one was £20, but the time will tell how the metal is going wear.

overall diamonique is very good but i not had any luck with the pave set stones. the very very tiny stones. i bought a set of plated rings both pave. a stone fell out and the rose gold was fading to the silver underneath. my anthony klieger 14 carat gold baguette and small set ring full eternity is around 20 years old and perfect. i have worn it every single day. still perfect

Hi everyone, thanks for all the replies. My 8 and 9 posts seem to be in the right place now hahaha!
Anyway, I have some Eek jewellery that i bought a good few years ago, (15-20 years) and all those pieces
are still lovely. I must admit when I first looked at this particular ring I thought how thin the shank was.
Maybe I should have sent it back. But, on reading all the posts here I think I will ask for a refund.

I ordered the most resent tsv pendant and the matching ring and the stud earrings - went overboard. I didn't like the ring when saw in the photo, but when it was aired I had to have it.

I ordered the most resent tsv pendant and the matching ring and the stud earrings - went overboard. I didn't like the ring when saw in the photo, but when it was aired I had to have it.

I was tempted by the pendant thought it looked really nice but resisted. Please let us know what it is like in real life when you get it x

I have a few 14ct white gold eek rings going way back, all small stones channel set mainly all still going strong. It is the price that miffs me, they are charging for silver what I paid for 14ct gold! I dislike 99% of the designs QVC seems to have these days, giant Liz Taylor styles as I call them.

I have a few 14ct white gold eek rings going way back, all small stones channel set mainly all still going strong. It is the price that miffs me, they are charging for silver what I paid for 14ct gold! I dislike 99% of the designs QVC seems to have these days, giant Liz Taylor styles as I call them.

Back in the day, when I only wore yellow gold & Eek was better made & better priced than it is now, I had quite a collection. I still have four rings, all 14 carat gold & they are so good they do get passed off as real. I never had a problem with the older stuff, even wore it when I was washing up, & they have stood the test of time. I agree with you about the current designs & I made my last purchase two years ago when I bought a rhodium plated ring that is my all time favourite. The Q have had a lot of £s from me over the years, not any more.

So Diamonique is guaranteed for a year? Good to know.

I just sent a pendant with a large single stone back as it had just dropped out in the box. It hadn't been worn, but was in the setting when I opened the box originally. I was surprised they sent a label as it was a few weeks out of the 30 days.

If I hadn't had the stone (if it had dropped out while wearing instead), would I still be able to send it back?

Latest posts

Back