Alison Young - another fashion faux pas!
Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up









    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 21
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      London
      Posts
      4,186
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Alison Young - another fashion faux pas!


      ADVERTISING


      She's on the Elemis hour wearing a green "tartan" check shirt together with black stripey tights that make for a clashing look! I wonder why ever she thought to wear that? She looks like an extra from Prisoner: Cell Block H.
      Likes iloveshopping liked this post
       

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Posts
      3,617
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      ADVERTISING
      Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
      She's on the Elemis hour wearing a green "tartan" check shirt together with black stripey tights that make for a clashing look! I wonder why ever she thought to wear that? She looks like an extra from Prisoner: Cell Block H.
      I just happened to see that as I was scrolling while waiting for something on another channel. I don't understand why anyone would think it was a good look. Poor AY!

      Anyway, never mind that - why are the three models sitting there on the Benefit BADgal mascara demo in bright pink astronaut suits? Honestly, I don't watch QVC for weeks then I come back and see this lunacy. What's coming up next - Amanda Holden topless? (Not such a stretch of the imagination!)
      Likes Twilight , shopperholic liked this post
       

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Posts
      5,961
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by AndiK View Post
      I just happened to see that as I was scrolling while waiting for something on another channel. I don't understand why anyone would think it was a good look. Poor AY!

      Anyway, never mind that - why are the three models sitting there on the Benefit BADgal mascara demo in bright pink astronaut suits? Honestly, I don't watch QVC for weeks then I come back and see this lunacy. What's coming up next - Amanda Holden topless? (Not such a stretch of the imagination!)


      I think AY's fashion credentials are perfect if she would like a role as a QVC stylist!
       

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Posts
      1,145
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Funny enough, she’s wearing that shirt dress right now but I haven’t seen her legs yet!

      What I wanted to say was how can we believe what she says when she looks so terrible.

      I’m referring to her hair. She said she’s used all 3 versions of the Percy and Reed shampoo and conditioner TSV. Yesterday, her hair looked shiny and bright (because it had been pretty professionally styled). Today it’s back to dull and lifeless.

      How can “the resident beauty expert” look so bad???
      Likes donna255 , shopperholic liked this post
       

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Herts/Beds
      Posts
      5,938
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      The Americans gave us 'dress down Friday', its dress down everyday at QVC. I saw Alex from L'occitane wore calf length Doc Martins (or something similar) - hardly an elegant look. Most of them look like they've pitched up to work straight from doing the supermarket shop. But then, even contestants on game shows hardly turn up in their Sunday best, so its how things are now sadly. Apologies to nurses on here, but the nurse of yesteryear looked so much tidier than those of today, and air hostesses were so much more glamorous (I dreamt of being one) than the 'cabin crew' we see these days. I'm a dinosaur I know.
      Likes mink , Twilight , Bettyboo , Silver Fox liked this post
       

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Posts
      2,471
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Nothing wrong with being a dinosaur Brissles.I once wanted to be cabin crew- B.O.A.C!decided not to leave the job I had trained 5 years to do!I remember when I would go into a panic about what to wear if I was going to London,now I could go in my old gardening clothes— not that I do, old habits & all that!
      Thanks brissles thanked for this post
       

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Posts
      12,038
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      She has worn the tartan and black patterned tights before. I thought it was for Burns Night.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      London
      Posts
      4,186
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by brissles View Post
      The Americans gave us 'dress down Friday', its dress down everyday at QVC. I saw Alex from L'occitane wore calf length Doc Martins (or something similar) - hardly an elegant look. Most of them look like they've pitched up to work straight from doing the supermarket shop. But then, even contestants on game shows hardly turn up in their Sunday best, so its how things are now sadly. Apologies to nurses on here, but the nurse of yesteryear looked so much tidier than those of today, and air hostesses were so much more glamorous (I dreamt of being one) than the 'cabin crew' we see these days. I'm a dinosaur I know.
      I totally understand what you mean, Brissles. I never fail to be astonished when certain colleagues walk in wearing some minging old trainers and baggy jeans! I have a rule that sees me only wear black / white / grey to work, with my trademark tabloid-red flatcap! I always make sure everything is fitted and stylish with a belt from one of my fave designers - Zegna or Dior. I've become known as: "Flatcap," but this works rather well in my rather snooty organisation. My flatcap is so distinctive!

      Alison Young was on a few weeks back wearing something that looked like it had been made from recycled Quality Street wrappers, you know, the Big Purple One!
      Thanks brissles thanked for this post
       

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      266
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      When the Q started with Alison doing the demonstrations & a presenter doing most of the chat she wore a salon outfit & looked smart. I suppose that in the growth years, when she tells us that she was responsible for bringing so many brands to the channel, the focus changed with her becoming a presenter. Now she just fits in with the others & 'follows' the advice of the ever present stylists whose mantra is that all patterns can be worn together.
      Likes brissles , donna255 liked this post
       

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      London
      Posts
      4,186
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default


      ADVERTISING


      Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
      When the Q started with Alison doing the demonstrations & a presenter doing most of the chat she wore a salon outfit & looked smart. I suppose that in the growth years, when she tells us that she was responsible for bringing so many brands to the channel, the focus changed with her becoming a presenter. Now she just fits in with the others & 'follows' the advice of the ever present stylists whose mantra is that all patterns can be worn together.
      Mix and match...(mix and clash)dress it up...dress it down (this garment has no style whatsoever)...the nautical look...(oh no, not navy blue stripes and deck shoes from a catalogue...again) the safari look...(Michele Hope's twee zebra look) little embellishment detail going right the way through there as you can see...(the only embellishment ain't on the clothing, mate) team it up with a little pant... (I'm not out of breath, thanks)...sling on a pair of Birkenstocks (no thanks, I'm a bloke)...the athleisure trend shows no sign of abating (wish it would)...this will cover those issue areas (this clothing is not fitted at all and will look like you're wearing a small yurt).

    Advertising

    Advertising

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •