Lulu Guinness Accessories TSV 13/03/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lulu Guinness Cesca Large Leather Tote Bag
Item Number: 170135
QVC Price £368.00
Todays Special Value Price £299.97
P&P £6.95

Currently only available at QVC, the Cesca is a beautifully designed zip-top tote bag made in sumptuous grainy leather with two handles, plus a detachable shoulder strap. With a luxury finish from top to bottom, you'll love the antique gold-tone hardware, protective stud feet, and gold embossed Lulu Guinness logo that complete this chic accessory.

The colour for you - if you like to keep your accessories in classic shades, opt for the Navy, Porcelain or Peony Pink. For a pop of print that will be the focal point of any outfit you can't go wrong with Cameo Girl or Kooky Cat options, which feature beautiful applique leather technique. The Kooky Cat bag even has a secret pocket behind the cat's head.

You charmer - the solid colour options of the Cesca bag - Navy, Porcelain and Peony Pink - come with a brand new style of the kissing lips charm that's only available at QVC. This detachable charm can be added to any bag to give it that gorgeous splash of colour.

Dust bag included
Inner pockets: 1 x zipped, 1 x mobile phone
Outer pockets: 1 x zipped back
Outer: leather; lining: cotton
Bag (h x w x d): 26cm x 29.5cm x 13.5cm (10.2" x 11.6" x 5.3")
Strap drop: 57cm - 62cm (22.4" - 24.4")
Handle drop: 12cm (4.7")

Colour options:

Navy
Porcelain
Cameo Girl
Peony Pink
Kooky Cat

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.170135

Is this really worth nearly £307, even to Lulu collectors?Now I am not a LG fan because I simply cannot see the worth in them & the name is not IMO worth paying a premium for.But lots of people collect & it is their money so it’s their choice!I went for the Bibi Bijoux TSV last week & I like it but have asked myself £40(nearly)?NO so will be returning.I saw on the website it was now over £70, that is totally ridiculous.I will get the Decleor TSV as I will use that & the value is there, but that is my choice, others would disagree!

I agree SF, there's no way on this earth I'd take a bag with a psychotic looking cat on it or a woman's cameo down the supermarket. I know it's each to their own but I would never part with that sort of cash for a LG bag, or any bag come to think of it. I do like Radley but I'll only get them in a sale because my social conscience wouldn't allow me to pay obscene amounts of money for a bag.

I've got a few LG handbags, bought in their sale, and they are decent quality but I would never pay full price for any of them. Aside from the fact this TSV looks like really cheap, stiff leather, I don't like the cheap cotton lining the brand favours.

I have a few LG bags but I haven't bought one for a while. A couple I paid full price for but most with 70% off in the sale. I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy anything in the Ink Rose design. I use mine every day, if I catch myself thinking I'd save a bag "for best" I resist the purchase.
I'm not tempted by the TSV.

I would think anyone who would spend over £300.00 for imo a daft looking handbag must have more money than sense. Still each to their own.

I agree SF, there's no way on this earth I'd take a bag with a psychotic looking cat on it or a woman's cameo down the supermarket. I know it's each to their own but I would never part with that sort of cash for a LG bag, or any bag come to think of it. I do like Radley but I'll only get them in a sale because my social conscience wouldn't allow me to pay obscene amounts of money for a bag.

I've never understood the quirky Lulu G bags as to me, such designs cheapen them. Never seen anyone with one either, so I've no idea where they all go. I think some of the classic styles are lovely though, and I find the quality very good.

I do own a few Lulu bags, exclusively bought in sales and all at 50-70% off. I hardly give the ones on QVC a second glance now because the value is just not there and don't actually know why anyone would buy from QVC unless they are desperate for a particular style or colour and can't wait for sales or risk it will become unavailable (surely unlikely?). Of course, there will be one or two who buy for a special occasion, use it and send it back under the 30 day MBG for some other poor s0d to receive next month.

I haven’t bought this bag as I am not a fan of the shopper style. I have to admit that were I to have purchased one it would have been the ‘Cameo Girl’ & that is surprising to me as I don’t normally like the quirky bags (the Kooky Cat leaves me cold) Also I am undecided about the new heart/lip bag charm. When it was shown in close up I did like it but seeing it against the bag I found something vaguely anatomical about it. I noticed, on the demonstration I saw anyway, that Nicola didn’t go over the features of the bag properly (inner compartments etc.) & when she closed the bag the tail end of the zip looked odd (maybe it was supposed to be tucked inside the bag) Also I found the the price of £299.97 off putting, I think if it had been £279.97 I might have been tempted to order the ‘Cameo Girl’ I know that’s only a £20 difference but that extra money just stopped me from ordering (a Psychiatrist would have a field day with that one!)
I have to say that I purchased last TSV in all 4 colours & though I do like the Bobbi I can see that it was clearly made for QVC as the leather is not as good quality as it should have been for the price. However I do like the bag & the colours are gorgeous.

I haven’t bought this bag as I am not a fan of the shopper style. I have to admit that were I to have purchased one it would have been the ‘Cameo Girl’ & that is surprising to me as I don’t normally like the quirky bags (the Kooky Cat leaves me cold) Also I am undecided about the new heart/lip bag charm. When it was shown in close up I did like it but seeing it against the bag I found something vaguely anatomical about it. I noticed, on the demonstration I saw anyway, that Nicola didn’t go over the features of the bag properly (inner compartments etc.) & when she closed the bag the tail end of the zip looked odd (maybe it was supposed to be tucked inside the bag) Also I found the the price of £299.97 off putting, I think if it had been £279.97 I might have been tempted to order the ‘Cameo Girl’ I know that’s only a £20 difference but that extra money just stopped me from ordering (a Psychiatrist would have a field day with that one!)
I have to say that I purchased last TSV in all 4 colours & though I do like the Bobbi I can see that it was clearly made for QVC as the leather is not as good quality as it should have been for the price. However I do like the bag & the colours are gorgeous.

Wowzer! You are a real fan! Good for you, buying what makes you happy. I hope I didn't offend you with my comments above. It's good we all have different tastes.

Wowzer! You are a real fan! Good for you, buying what makes you happy. I hope I didn't offend you with my comments above. It's good we all have different tastes.
No I am not offended in the slightest. As you said ‘we all have different tastes’ & we can all spend our money how we see fit. Since the quality of the leather used for the Bobbi isn’t up to muster it has made me wary of buying from QVC. I did previously buy the Lucilla TSV & the quality of the leather used for that bag is far superior to that of the Bobbi, so they don’t always get it wrong.

No I am not offended in the slightest. As you said ‘we all have different tastes’ & we can all spend our money how we see fit. Since the quality of the leather used for the Bobbi isn’t up to muster it has made me wary of buying from QVC. I did previously buy the Lucilla TSV & the quality of the leather used for that bag is far supetior to that of the Bobbi.

Disappointing when that happens. It would annoy me too. By the sound of things, everyone needs to keep an eye on the bags from QVC as you're not the first to mention the issues with anything "made for QVC". I had a real bag obsession up to a couple of years ago and that's when I bought the Lulu Gs. They were all from LG direct in sales and every one was lovely leather, beautifully made and packed with care. For the extra money QVC charge, we should get the best of the best, but no.

‘For the extra money QVC charge, we should get the best of the best, but no.’

Yes, I have to agree with you on that one but I decided to keep the Bobbi(s) as I love the style of the bag & the colours but it has made me more circumspect about future purchases.

I've never understood the quirky Lulu G bags as to me, such designs cheapen them. Never seen anyone with one either, so I've no idea where they all go. I think some of the classic styles are lovely though, and I find the quality very good.

I do own a few Lulu bags, exclusively bought in sales and all at 50-70% off. I hardly give the ones on QVC a second glance now because the value is just not there and don't actually know why anyone would buy from QVC unless they are desperate for a particular style or colour and can't wait for sales or risk it will become unavailable (surely unlikely?). Of course, there will be one or two who buy for a special occasion, use it and send it back under the 30 day MBG for some other poor s0d to receive next month.

Just look at Arsebook a photo of someone with her hall decorated with them!!!

Latest posts

Back