Only one star!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Not sure if this has been mentioned before on here, however I was just looking on Trustpilot and noticed that QVC (UK) received an overall rating of 1 star out of 5 from 152 reviews. That would tend to unanimously back up what we've all been saying on here for years.

Some of the stories are quite interesting on there, like Karen's. She bought a sandwich toaster. When it arrived she found it had burnt cheese inside and had therefore apparently been used before.

Seems QVC has only one star - and it's a faded one!

How many stars would you give QVC?

one star is about right imo. the fact you actually receive the item is a result in qvc world

QVC are living in end times and offer little in the way of quality, value or convenience. I suppose they offer a mild form of entertainment. The other big online retailers and the lovely-yet-much-maligned high street beat them hands down! I'm in the market for a new sandwich toaster, however Karen's testimony puts me right off, as does the price. QVC's offering comes in at £42.95 whereas Argos is £9.99. Even a Breville one is only £5 more at Argos, and something a little nearer to QVC'c model is £31.99. Huge difference! I'm going to check out Asda and Morrisons just to see if they have anything cheaper.

Surely they can’t be as naive or ignorant as to think their products, prices and service levels are better than on the DHS ? In my opinion and experience many high street stores have upped their game in the last few years. I know most are large chains with limited choice in store due to limitations of space. But they usually have very good websites, many offering free post or at least capped postage regardless of how much you spend.

I appreciate that the MBG can be useful but I tend to watch the shows for items I want and then buy elsewhere, happy that I’ve chosen well. Many stores and their websites will accept returns for a money refund, I haven’t been offered a credit note for years.

Methinks they really need to up their game ‘big time’ if they want to build business, I don’t think many retailers can rest on their former laurels.

My straighteners gave up the ghost on Tuesday. I'd had them for over ten years so they didn't owe me anything & even though I have a back up set my quality black & gold ones always gave me perfect results. I searched online & found some from that chain of hairdressers where you don't need an appointment, no p&p because they were over £50 & next day delivery because I ordered before 4pm! They arrived in the middle of the time slot I'd been given & they were really well packed. That's service & the letters qvc really did apply to every aspect of my purchase.

Surely they can’t be as naive or ignorant as to think their products, prices and service levels are better than on the DHS ? In my opinion and experience many high street stores have upped their game in the last few years. I know most are large chains with limited choice in store due to limitations of space. But they usually have very good websites, many offering free post or at least capped postage regardless of how much you spend.

I appreciate that the MBG can be useful but I tend to watch the shows for items I want and then buy elsewhere, happy that I’ve chosen well. Many stores and their websites will accept returns for a money refund, I haven’t been offered a credit note for years.

Methinks they really need to up their game ‘big time’ if they want to build business, I don’t think many retailers can rest on their former laurels.

I was in London's Oxford Street today and did my usual thing of going round John Lewis, Debenhams and Selfridges. It was nice to be able to see, touch and smell the merchandise. There was no hard sell and it was all perfectly pleasant. I ended up buying a belt, a power bank for my 'phone (which I will almost certainly never use) some l'Occitane soap and some vitamin tablets. I didn't have to buy a stupid box set with frangipane hand cweems or anything like that.

nothing worse than the qvc beauty kits where you don't want or need the add on's. qvc have convinced many millions of people that the bits they don't like will make wonderful gifts.time to buy what you need when you need it and save your money and free up cupboard space from those stashes

Latest posts

Back