More meat revelations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now on the BBC website that Russell Hume has gone bust so Pat Butcher is out of a job.

Call me cynical but bankruptcy seems to have happened very quickly. It's their creditors I feel sorry for, and those who 've eaten dodgy meat from them. I wonder how soon the company is reincarnated in time for Xmas 2018 meat hampers from QVC?

well they have until october to start the hard sell. i suspect the sausages will be 40% meat and going by the qvc Facebook they will be queuing up to buy the latest meat offering. now to find a wholesome sounding name. green pastures anyone

It's a shame for the workforce.
It's a shame for customers who have been buying products without fully knowing what they were buying and whether they were taking a risk. If they had simply considered how it would look to a customer, put themselves into the shoes of their consumers, sat at the dining tables of the restaurants they supplied, instead of simply thinking how they could get the most ££££££ for their meat maybe they would still have a business!

We don't know the full story, for example I wonder if the FSA publicity was an overreaction, or the end result of a longer investigation. Any food supplier, particularly meat, should expect FSA to jump straight on any infraction of the rules. FSA is there to make sure consumers can be confident in the food on their plates.

The people who should be ashamed are the decision-makers, who are not looking at themselves and accepting responsibility for the situation.

I'd expect there'd be a series of warnings, prescribed improvements and checks before premises are closed.

Feel sorry for everyone apart from the 'fat cats' who get all the cream...last time I looked on the internet 'Mr so called Green Seasons' was a Director of more than one company, so he's OK then.

Bought the very first GS TSV and had a full refund because of poor quality and of the claims about the sausages and bacon being additive, preservative and water free and they weren't, plus I don't remember back then it being said GS was a Q brand or maybe I'm wrong?

Any sort of inquiry or disciplinary procedure will have stages with reports and paperwork in this day and age; dotting every I and crossing the Ts. That said, there must be emergency steps for the worst scenarios to shut down premises immediately. Either way they shouldn't handle food in future imho...but I suspect they will under another company name!

apparently kentucky fried chicken are closing its chicken shops as they can't get any chicken. i wonder if the two are linked

apparently kentucky fried chicken are closing its chicken shops as they can't get any chicken. i wonder if the two are linked

the chicken for KFC comes from a factory 5 miles from me and they are still producing chicken , its because of there new logistics partner DHL

As someone earlier said(their husband had worked at the FSA), they do not just walk in and close a company down.

I work at a place dealing with food(bread), we get inspected blind, though word can go round the Health people are doing inspections in the area. If there is a problem as happened about ten years back with another bakery, a written warning and a very large fine issued. The bakery got reinspected the following week and passed. There were mice in the building and cross using of utensils for raw meat(sausage roll meat), and for non-meat products. You must use different and clearly marked which is for which. They were not closed down and still operating until the next inspection the following week.

So RH must have been really really bad to have been closed down so quickly, also if they have been pulled up before they would have been fined in court. No mention of the latter happening. Paperwork, as I have said before especially for meat, is very strict after the mad cow disease of years back. So miss-labelling of meat and where it comes from would be treated as major breaches.

My Dad used to tell stories about food premises that'd make you hair and your toes curl...but premises that weren't permanently closed down. I dread to think...

Yess, the thoroughly evil KFC are suffering a bit!!!!! In response to this serious bit of news I only have one response: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Up yours, chicken-murderers! It's quite well-known that their "Red Tractor" certified chicken barely meets legal minimum requirements for animal welfare.

There is no KFC shortage in Northern Ireland seems we have different suppliers. I was agog to see if there where hoards of weeping customers outside the one I passed on the bus, no as different suppliers I was told.

The US food standards for animal welfare and meat products are much lower than in the UK/EU.

The UK is supposed to have some of the highest welfare standards in the world. I dread to think what it must be like in other countries, but I have always shied away from Danish or Dutch pork after finding out the disgusting conditions the pigs are kept in.

There is no KFC shortage in Northern Ireland seems we have different suppliers. I was agog to see if there where hoards of weeping customers outside the one I passed on the bus, no as different suppliers I was told.

The US food standards for animal welfare and meat products are much lower than in the UK/EU.

I see someone phoned the police because they couldn’t get their KFC - what in God’s name type of people are there in this world. If ever there was a case for compulsory contraception that’s it.

Donna do you think that NI is supplied locally?

Latest posts

Back