Honora pearls - £500 for a necklace

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Check out Jill Franks on the Honora pearls hour. She's screeching at full tilt tonight about some "ming" pearls. They look more like "minging" pearls to me. Who in their right mind would shell out all that cash for that old tat?

Let's see how Franks fares on this hour....Bet she'll get worse and start talking about how she simply can't LIVE without her ming pearls!

She's done it already! Her engagement ring is pearl, apparently. Nice for Jill, I'm sure, but why does she think her own personal
"endorsement" is worthy of mention?

She's done it again. SHE chose this necklace because she thinks it was beautiful....blah blah blah.

Cannot believe the price of some of those necklaces. Described as 9ct gold but there’s hardly any - couple of grams maybe. Big bumpy ‘ming’ pearls that look like beads you can buy in any decent DHS store.

My Mum had a lovely string of cultured pearls, very well matched for colour and size (the “traditional” size), knotted and with the distinctive clasp. They looked so elegant and classic. I might be tempted to buy if Honora offered something similar

I saw some of that show and just thought how ugly those pearls were. Not my taste at all - and the price! I have quite a lot of Honora from days gone by when Ralph was around, and I can honestly say I have not seen anything at all recently that I have liked. Of course, that could be that I have come to my senses and reckon I have enough.

I often thought that the pearl harvesters (not sure what you'd call them!) have piles of these misshapen pearls hanging around that no one wants, so they gave them some fancy name, invented a back-story and now can flog them off as traditional pieces as made and worn by the indigenous folk of wherever for centuries, at high prices, and people are suckered in. Pfft.

Latest posts

Back