Time to bring in Julia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Every time I see Julia R. on a show I think this is the time to bring in the hard sell.Whatever you may think about JR she is not manic, ‘I love everything’, ‘selling out in a minute/buy 3 as on EZP’ techniques.No! J is much more subtle and convincing, def. seen as a Diva. But IMO so much more professional than anyone else.I haven’t ordered yet—-but!

she knows she's not a good liar so she docent even try, i think thats a good strategy

Julia never have to do the hard sell, all she has got to do is say she like something (like her fashion pick on a friday) and whatever it is seem to sell out...imo she is qvc's best presenter, such a pity she acts like a diva.

She'll probably be retiring in a few years. She certainly forged a career in shopping TV. Can you imagine the fuss they'll make when she goes!

I think Julia is their best presenter. I can usually watch when she is on which I can't do with most of the other presenters. However she doesn't encourage me to buy as I buy very little these days.

Whilst beyond doubt she is the only Q presenter even worth watching it’s just a pity that in recent years she has regressed into a diva, IMO started with twatter but perhaps twatter/iPads continual use just brings out the annoying traits which weren’t so obvious in the old days.

By far the Best Presenter. Thought Kathy Tayler was awful on the Gardening Show this morning.

By far the Best Presenter. Thought Kathy Tayler was awful on the Gardening Show this morning.

Annoying in a raw recruit but totally unacceptable in a person of 30 plus years in television. I’m sorry but in any other job she would have been paid off years ago.

I think in the past the mumsey style endeared her to Doris from Doncaster but surely even the most ordinary viewer expects more than this. She is another who seems to have had a personality transplant in recent years and not for the better.

Have to agree with all the comments. Yes she's a good Presenter and doesn't have the 'I love everything' hardsell, BUT yes she also has annoying habits (as we all do), like the affected sharp intake of breath or the upturned hand movement. HOWEVER, having watched barrow boy Flint tonight on Sketchers, Roberts is professional personified.

Flinty was only 2 minutes into the TSV and then never stopped speaking for 3 minutes on how to order ! I switched over just as the colours were ending and had to wait another 5 minutes to see them again - waiting until Flinty had stopped chanking. The woman is abysmal.

They sometime go on & on but not about the product by which time it’s gone limited or sold out.JF did this last week (can’t remember the show) but she was having a chatty, girly giggle time with the guest, meanwhile product gone.I suppose those who ordered took a chance?

They need have a mental check list of information to give before they start blethering. In fashion hours the measurements, including length, should be read out as should the fit of a garment - slim or generous & the fabric composition & care instructions need to be explained. When selling jewellery the height of a ring & the diameter or drop of earrings are important because seeing pieces on models with different size hands & ears is of no earthly use. The presenters would have to do these essentials before telling us where we can wear our clothes & how we should style them. The amount of time wittering on about children, grandchildren & friends should be minimal & only given out if relevant to the product & self promotion should be stopped. I'm not interested in having an ipad turned to to camera so that I can see a customer's pet, nail polish or Christmas tree & I absolutely detest the little 'in jokes' that certain people indulge in on a regular basis. Rant over.

They need have a mental check list of information to give before they start blethering. In fashion hours the measurements, including length, should be read out as should the fit of a garment - slim or generous & the fabric composition & care instructions need to be explained. When selling jewellery the height of a ring & the diameter or drop of earrings are important because seeing pieces on models with different size hands & ears is of no earthly use. The presenters would have to do these essentials before telling us where we can wear our clothes & how we should style them. The amount of time wittering on about children, grandchildren & friends should be minimal & only given out if relevant to the product & self promotion should be stopped. I'm not interested in having an ipad turned to to camera so that I can see a customer's pet, nail polish or Christmas tree & I absolutely detest the little 'in jokes' that certain people indulge in on a regular basis. Rant over.

Hear, hear!!!

I wonder if QVC's returns have increased since the lazy approach of "phone Liverpool" became the norm? That is, if they even bother before things sell out!

So much for their aims of becoming upmarket and aspirational... If you don't bother to do more than show an item like a bargain bin you are expecting thoughtless buying and should expect higher return rates as people find the quality is below what you'd expect for the price. At least at Primary etc you know the quality won't be top drawer for the price you pay.

Televised fashion hours with so-called experts should be a brilliant opportunity to explain what body shape will best suit what dress or other clothing item. This was at least one benefit of having Trinny and Susannah on with their clothes.

Mostly you get a steady stream of stylists who don't appear to have a clue who the QVC customer is despite it being possible to draw a composite picture based on the ordering and other information willingly given by these customers.

julia is on now and is wearing what looks like a large tent. i actually like the top just not on our jules

Haven't watched QVC in well over 18 months. I do still check out it's website, and have ordered a couple of item, in clearance.

I remember Steve Whatley always used to measure and really describe a product. The QVC ruler became a legend, it was always used by every presenter. Steve once said he was always measuring and describing for people who had vision problems.

I remember when the presenters (usually JR) always had the garment spread out and measured, then it went to “the card” and then “can’t be arsed so just f you”

I remember when the presenters (usually JR) always had the garment spread out and measured, then it went to “the card” and then “can’t be arsed so just f you”

You want size details given out LATI? Can't you see that talking about their first grandchild, holidays, general talking about themselves, twittering, reading out fanatics messages, is far more important than sizes or details about what they are selling.

The other day hard faced Flint droned on about her grandchild, photos were shown - yes, I am sure she is delighted, but I am not interested in the slightest.

Someone somewhere needs to take a grip on the presenters, and say shape up or ship out.

I do think Julia is their best presenter by far.

Latest posts

Back