Amanda Holden "pranked" on set at QVC by Ant & Dec

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
The AH episode is tonight, if anyone's interested. I am out but I've seen a clip and it looks to me like she has twigged she's being set up but it is made a bit obvious (a producer keeps calling her Mandy Pandy).

Do think that this will be good or bad publicity for QVC?

Bad IMO, although they say that ANY publicity is good publicity.

I think QVC will see it as good publicity or they wouldn't have allowed it to happen but I can't help feeling it's a bit negative in that it's taking the pee out of shopping telly and people on it. QVC will find a way of making it pay though - Craig (who is on with AH) will probably keep plugging the 30 day MBG or something, or they'll have subliminal messaging in the footage, giving out the web address and phone number. And, of course, all the A&D viewers who also like AH will have a look to see what she's selling on Q so that's potentially more customers. They're not daft.

Trouble is it’s seems the powers that be fail to see what a flop the range has been with the outlet full of the rejects and the staff commenting they can’t get rid of the stuff.
Having to remove negative reviews off the web site replacing faulty items when comments made in the reviews.
Also stuff rapidly being added to clearance and actually having AH sell her clearance items which doesn’t always happen
Would have thought a more credible brand or range would have been better placed to get more positive publicity
As ever it appears damage limitation again Q

It's took me ages to type this, what with the screen jumping and the cursor freezing, personally I didn't watch it, but QVC will be, for a long time to come, plugging the first, and last time they'll ever be on mainstream TV. I bet Ms Flint is peed that she wasn't asked eh, imagine all the plugging/self promotion she could've got through there. :mysmilie_17:

As I suspected, just hopped on to QVC to find all the messages going across the bottom about the "prank" that will go down in history in the corridors of QVC Towers. which is quite disrespectful to the on air guest/brand, but wow how QVC are going to milk this one, and over the channel goes.

It's took me ages to type this, what with the screen jumping and the cursor freezing, personally I didn't watch it, but QVC will be, for a long time to come, plugging the first, and last time they'll ever be on mainstream TV. I bet Ms Flint is peed that she wasn't asked eh, imagine all the plugging/self promotion she could've got through there. :mysmilie_17:

As I suspected, just hopped on to QVC to find all the messages going across the bottom about the "prank" that will go down in history in the corridors of QVC Towers. which is quite disrespectful to the on air guest/brand, but wow how QVC are going to milk this one, and over the channel goes.

I'll have a look on ITV catch-up tomorrow as I'd like to see how painful it was.

Oh god, yes. Flinty - shoehorning in a mention of grandchildren, her books and the bloomin' Retreat. It would just have been too irresistible for her.

And as for the jumpy forum page, now that it's given me eye strain typing this, I'll call it a night and bid you all sweet dreams.

You're right Andi, imagine how many people she could've reached imforming of her fortnight of boredom retreat in Devon.

I just watched on the Sunday repeat and I think she might not have known had one of the first things not been the producer saying she would be calling her Mandy Pandy. That's just too obvious. I did laugh, though, when she opened up the trunk and it was full of discarded bags, banana skins and used paper coffee cups. She handed it to one of the staff and said "You can't send that out now!" - she obviously doesn't know about the things actual paying customers have found in their "brand new" purchases because QVC have made sure all of her complimentary beauty hampers and other freebies have been in pristine, straight-from-the-manufacturer condition.

AAAARGH! Trying to post on this forum is driving me insane! It just froze again. I'm going to stop posting for a while, see if it ever gets fixed. It's unbearable.

Latest posts

Back