Molton Brown TSV 22/04/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love rhubarb, and I like the smell of roses, but the combination smells nauseating to me. Smells are so personal - what one person loves is vile to another.

My MB stash is so huge I am glad I won't be tempted. The full sized ones are already here and need to be consumed before I get repeats. I know the Davana is regarded as an outlet perfume but I think it is very nice. I also like Rhubarb and Rose and I am pleased it has replaced the Q mania for Gingerlily of which I have never been overly fond.

My MB stash is so huge I am glad I won't be tempted. The full sized ones are already here and need to be consumed before I get repeats. I know the Davana is regarded as an outlet perfume but I think it is very nice. I also like Rhubarb and Rose and I am pleased it has replaced the Q mania for Gingerlily of which I have never been overly fond.

Mazza, what does the Davana Blossom smell like? I also have a decent stash of MB but work my way through it steadily so I could be tempted as long as I like the sound of the main scent as I like everything else in the TSV (I also don't especially like Gingerlily, to my nose an insipid, generic scent).

It's gong to be about £50, isn't it? I can't justify that with the amount I already have (MB and non-MB). A shame because it's a nice configuration and selection of smells for me.

Mazza, what does the Davana Blossom smell like? I also have a decent stash of MB but work my way through it steadily so I could be tempted as long as I like the sound of the main scent as I like everything else in the TSV (I also don't especially like Gingerlily, to my nose an insipid, generic scent).

I am going to remind myself what the Davana Blossom smells like when I walk through the local department store with it in today. Before Christmas, I sniffed loads and made a note of likes and dislikes and DB is on the former list. Your description of Gingerlily as "an insipid, generic scent" is spot on - I'm afraid there are quite a few like that for me, including Orange and Bergamot which from the name, I thought I would love, and the more unisex or male ones like Blue Maquis.

I am going to remind myself what the Davana Blossom smells like when I walk through the local department store with it in today. Before Christmas, I sniffed loads and made a note of likes and dislikes and DB is on the former list. Your description of Gingerlily as "an insipid, generic scent" is spot on - I'm afraid there are quite a few like that for me, including Orange and Bergamot which from the name, I thought I would love, and the more unisex or male ones like Blue Maquis.

Totally agree re Orange & Bergamot, it should be a riot of the senses but it just smells flat and a little 'off' to me, do not like! However, my least favourite MB scent is a toss-up between samphire (so bland) and honeysuckle and white tea (so cloying, makes me gag).

Totally agree re Orange & Bergamot, it should be a riot of the senses but it just smells flat and a little 'off' to me, do not like! However, my least favourite MB scent is a toss-up between samphire (so bland) and honeysuckle and white tea (so cloying, makes me gag).

As I believe we are in agreement on all these, I think/hope you would like Davana Blossom too then!

Samphire is my favourite, but can't get it anywhere now.

Love the rhubarb and rose handwash, but not the shower gel or handcream.

Sorry about delay, I have been to see Sunset Boulevard. Excellent and Danny Mac a far better singer than I expected. Now as far as I recall Davana Blossom. Is a very pretty floral but I couldn't give you any specific notes. But I know I thought it a very feminine floral number (I hope Im not getting confused!!!) I have just used up a box of minis and I rather liked the Orange and Bergamot, I thought it had a bit more oomph than I remembered. I cannot abide the purple.one.

Ps just dug it out if the stash.... It says jasmine and neroli on the bottle and I wou would say jasmine is the more prominent.

Sorry about delay, I have been to see Sunset Boulevard. Excellent and Danny Mac a far better singer than I expected. Now as far as I recall Davana Blossom. Is a very pretty floral but I couldn't give you any specific notes. But I know I thought it a very feminine floral number (I hope Im not getting confused!!!) I have just used up a box of minis and I rather liked the Orange and Bergamot, I thought it had a bit more oomph than I remembered. I cannot abide the purple.one.

Ps just dug it out if the stash.... It says jasmine and neroli on the bottle and I wou would say jasmine is the more prominent.

Cor sounds lovely, I'm definitely in, thanks!

What, Davana Blossom has Jasmine & Neroli? The very two things I avoid! How odd that I like that MB fragrance!
They didn't have it in the shop here today. I tried a couple of others as hand/body lotions on my hand and could barely smell them.

Latest posts

Back