One-hit wonders!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
What products / which hours were the most bizarre? What items were particularly short-lived yet utterly bizarre that they are forever ingrained in your memory.

Remember "Taboo Health Solutions?" Remember Claire Sutton demonstrating the bronco-bucking iJoy Ride (I think I almost wet myself - I wish it was on Youtube).

Wasn't there some pelvic floor exerciser thing that required clenching of the nether regions?

Which items / hours do you remember most?

There was a product to ensure fresh breath all the time; the guest had a probe that he would put in his mouth to show how effective it was, this was attached to something resembling a geiger counter & one day it didn't work. I never saw him again. I also remember the piece of stainless steel that could eliminate all odours, it was very expensive considering how widely available similar products were from supermarkets. However, my choice has to be the faceless figures Claire Sutton was lumbered with in the post Christmas sale a few years ago. Imagine two toddler size rag dolls, I think they had their arms around each other, standing on a base but sliced down the middle so no fronts... I assume the idea was that they could be positioned by a window, possibly looking for Santa, she struggled to come up with selling points & I found them bizarre & hideous, worthy of Doctor Who.

Julian Ballantyne with the half life-size illuminated pink flamingo. He laughed so much, he couldn’t finish the sales pitch. Never saw the bird again.

The representative for the Duke of Buccleuch suggesting to Ann Dawson that he'd heard she was a fond of big sausage!

He was never seen again after that!!

I remember AY demoing a home waxing kit and the model was wearing a swimsuit which she pulled a bit to the side so AY could remove her pubic hair! :mysmilie_13:

I've just remembered the stuff that melted hard skin on feet & was then scarped off. Bleurgh.

I've just remembered the stuff that melted hard skin on feet & was then scarped off. Bleurgh.

Oh yes I remember that yellow gunk being scraped off with a blunt spatula! Speaking of spatulas does anyone remember that toilet "brush," or the weird light that illuminated the toilet pan in various gaudy colours?

Pedikur. Funnily enough I had a pedicure recently and the woman in the salon used this. I couldn’t watch as she scrapped it off. Worked quite well but effects didn’t last long !

Who remembers the blonde girl selling some kind of lycra outfit and the whole world could see the outline of her Hoot n Annie :mysmilie_11:

CC

I am still having nightmares over the appalling Christmas carousel.Those monsters galloping around so badly and cheaply painted to scare the kiddies...shudder.Also,Poo Pourri.I know some people like it but to me it's just awful and so were the presentations.

I am still having nightmares over the appalling Christmas carousel.Those monsters galloping around so badly and cheaply painted to scare the kiddies...shudder.Also,Poo Pourri.I know some people like it but to me it's just awful and so were the presentations.

The carousel was awful and I totally agree with you on the Poo Pourri - just cringeworthy. Does anyone remember that giant Easter Bunny . stuffed animal that was on for about £1000 and looked like it had been possessed by the devil?

The carousel was awful and I totally agree with you on the Poo Pourri - just cringeworthy. Does anyone remember that giant Easter Bunny . stuffed animal that was on for about £1000 and looked like it had been possessed by the devil?

The Charlie Bears' Easter Bunny...alongside its brother from another mother, the demon goat from Drag me to Hell

demon rabbit.jpg demon goat.jpg

Latest posts

Back