Petition!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
I was thinking of organising a petition to bring back Paul Lavers. I believe he could be the saviour of QVC. I absolutely loved his irreverent style and offbeat comments! What do people think?

I find him intensely irritating, but in a different way to the hard sell missys. I don't know if I could watch him for very long, and given how women-oriented QVC has become he'd have a lot of beauty fashion and jewellery hours and precious ?title else to get his teeth into.

I find him intensely irritating, but in a different way to the hard sell missys. I don't know if I could watch him for very long, and given how women-oriented QVC has become he'd have a lot of beauty fashion and jewellery hours and precious ?title else to get his teeth into.

I imagine they'd claim he "doesn't fit their brand values." I thought he was funny. Some of the things he used to come out with were hilarious!

I saw him briefly on the Craft Channel with Debbie Greenwood and he wasn't the same.Seemed a bit rusty in the selling department .Cant see Q inviting him back.

I expect he makes more money doing adverts than he ever did on the sales floor. Given he has been around a few years, QVC would probably pass him over if he ever came back on the presenter job market.

He burnt his bridges when he jumped to the then newly launched Ideal World.

Debbie Flint jumped with him too, so I think he must've had too much self respect to ask for his job back, as opposed to Ms Flint who, after slagging QVC off for many years on IW, hasn't got any.

I certainly wouldn't sign! Although I never saw him on QVC, he turned up on Gemstv a number of years ago and he was dull, dull, dull and didn't last long. I wondered what the people who were raving about him had seen in him, or perhaps that he had just completely changed. Mind you, I still wonder what people saw in D. Flint who I find indescribably awful and I would, on principle, never buy anything she was flogging. People were ecstatic when she returned, has she changed so much as well?

I certainly wouldn't sign! Although I never saw him on QVC, he turned up on Gemstv a number of years ago and he was dull, dull, dull and didn't last long. I wondered what the people who were raving about him had seen in him, or perhaps that he had just completely changed. Mind you, I still wonder what people saw in D. Flint who I find indescribably awful and I would, on principle, never buy anything she was flogging. People were ecstatic when she returned, has she changed so much as well?

Isn't this a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder?
Every presenter wears out their welcome, and returners seem to wear it out in a fraction of the time required by a newbie presenter!
From Debbie Flint's and Sara Griffith's returns I would saybe careful what you wish for in any past presenter's return. QVC has changed, and not in a good way... The presenters then have to conform to the new rules to the disappointment and anger of viewers with fond memories.

i liked paul lavers he didn't give a dam about qvc maybe thats why he left and why i liked him...

Latest posts

Back