Michael Perry's Gardening World TSV 24/03/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the first Michael Perry's Gardening World TSV is on the 24/03/18

Depending on when it's on, I will probably take a look. He was a nice guest, so fingers crossed for him being a nice presenter/host. Imagine if they'd got their hands on the honey-voiced George Clowes instead!

Yes I like Michael Perry. Maybe Richard Jackson is taking early retirement - don't mean that in a nasty way as I like him as well.

Will be interesting to see if QVC gardening is taking a different direction.

CC

A gardening tsv without the gnome showing up would be good :mysmilie_59: I can't remember the last time I watched a gardening show...fingers crossed this will be the first of many, I have no idea who Michael Perry is, but looking forward to seeing him.

it will be much of the same. going direct to thompson and morgan is far cheaper than qvc and you can buy what you want. a few years ago i was at chelsea flower show and got talking to a chap who was in charge of buying from qvc. he said that qvc would be aiming at a high end market in future. qvc gardening would outstrip my budget a hundred fold

I buy a lot direct from De Jager. Yes, the prices on QVC are cheaper than the DJ catalogue but there's a £3.95 plus postage charge for EACH item, which means that I could spend £30 on postage buying from QVC. There is one charge of £5.95 from DJ which makes up for the few pounds more you pay for the items. If you only want one thing then you might get a bargain on Q.

I've always been a fan of the gardening shows but even I am getting fed up with the flower power range. If I want it I'll buy it. I don't need to see it a hundred times in one day. Michael Perry is the tall, good looking guy with the beard that used to work for Thomson & Morgan.

CC

I watched for about 45mins, I can't say that I found the new guest very engaging...
he was better than the gnome but not good enough to keep me watching for two hrs.
I think I have fell out with gardening.

they aint going to change the formula or format as thats what works best for them just a different guest presenter

I agree with if it aint broke don't fix it, but surely introducing some new ideas would possibly get more viewers and more sales. QVC gardening has become a bit stale and although I have spent a fortune over the years I don't spend so much now. Michael did a good job but I think he needs to be on with someone other than Simon. Maybe Catherine and she could stand and drool all over him. In fact, when Michael Perry was on Ideal World he used to be on with Genevieve Redmond and her shameless flirting with him was extremely entertaining. He never seemed to mind.

CC

Let's be honest, absolutely anyone is an improvement on Richard Jackson, wonder if they'll change the name on Richard Jackson products to Michael Perry? They may, in their opinion, have a "winning formula" but to stay fresh you need to refresh, and definitely evolve to adapt to the new shoppers out there, I'd also hazard a guess that the day one QVC customer is bored of the same old same old by now.

ITs the same old same old no doubt RJ will allow him to present his products on qvc dont tell me M Pery has not seen plant food and composts just as good if not better than RJs vastly overpriced products.

qvc gardening is on whole overpriced but i did buy 5 lovely clematis for £16 inc post and they are doing very well

Well it will be a waste of MP's talents if he's just a salesman for Richard Jackson's products. I like RJ and I've always enjoyed the shows but over the last year or so it is just the same thing over and over again which does get a little boring. There is a lot you could do with those weekend morning shows and I'd have the first hour selling plants and giving growing advice, then I'd have a lot of grow your own plants, especially for tiny gardens and containers. They could push all the plant food and garden implements in the second hour.

CC

I agree with if it aint broke don't fix it, but surely introducing some new ideas would possibly get more viewers and more sales. QVC gardening has become a bit stale and although I have spent a fortune over the years I don't spend so much now. Michael did a good job but I think he needs to be on with someone other than Simon. Maybe Catherine and she could stand and drool all over him. In fact, when Michael Perry was on Ideal World he used to be on with Genevieve Redmond and her shameless flirting with him was extremely entertaining. He never seemed to mind.

CC

Didn't know he used to be on Ideal World.

Whoever presents it, seeing a solid 24 hours of gardening in the listings means a whole day of boredom - just what you want on Mother's Day. And we haven't seen the back of RJ yet. I expect he's just mugged enough QVC customers now that he can hang his secateurs up from time to time. I'm sure he'll pop up strategically to remind the newcomer that he's still king of Gnome Hill. No real objection to any presenter really, just too much at any one time. No variety, just repeat shows through the day. I pity those who fall for the spiel and end up paying through the nose for it.

Latest posts

Back