Monogram by Amanda Wakely TSV 26/03/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was looking forward to seeing what the Amanda Wakeley TSV would be as I have become disillusioned with Lulu Guinness. I believe that the quality of the Amanda Wakeley bags is very good & has not yet been downgraded for QVC but I am underwhelmed with this latest offering. It looks very similar to the Lulu Guinness Frances bag & I am not a fan of shopper style bags. Having looked at the Amanda Wakeley website & QVC’s offerings I have not found a bag of hers that I completely love, there is always a detail or two which irritate. However, what I am coming to realise is that I have enough handbags to last a lifetime & I should use & enjoy the bags I already own.

Amanda Wakeley The Campbell Leather Tote Bag
Item Number: 171730
QVC Price £288.00
Todays Special Value Price £219.96
P&P £6.95

Currently only available at QVC UK, this chic and versatile tote bag from Amanda Wakeley is made in luxurious pebble leather with two handles, a detachable contrast-coloured shoulder strap, and plenty of pockets to keep you organised including a secure, large zip compartment for valuables. An ideal combination of function and style for everyday wear, this timeless Campbell handbag is a wonderful addition to your accessories collection.

Premium finish - enjoy luxury from top to bottom with this handbag; it features lapped seam construction with wonderfully clean stitching for quality you will adore. The Amanda Wakeley monogram is featured on the fittings and lining, for the quintessential designer finish.

Choose your colour - it's tough to pick a favourite from the five options available. If you like to keep it classic, we suggest going for Black, Mineral or Bronze. For a brighter pop, we think you'll love Marrakech or Khaki.

Magnetic popper fastening
Dust bag included
Arrives beautifully packaged in a presentation box
Inner pockets: 1 x mobile phone, 1 x back zip, 1 x internal zip compartment
Outer: leather; lining: cotton
Bag (h x w x d): 28cm x 43cm x 14cm (11" x 16.9" x 5.5")
Handle drop: 16cm (6.3")
Strap drop: 37cm (14.6")

Colour options:

Black
Mineral
Bronze
Marrakech
Khaki

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.171730

I would rather have the LG Frances. I keep looking in LG sale but have never found one in the right size and colour and now that I only work 2 days per week I realise I’m more likely to use a casual bag but am always tempted by a nice bag.

Oh goodness Ms gushy gushy Franks calm down, it doesn't matter how many awards AW has, it's still a darn ugly, ordinary looking bag, so yes my Forum buddies you guessed it after only less than one minute, over the channel goes.

Good luck to people that can afford that kind of money for a handbag and over £100 for a purse.It wouldn't do if we were all alike, I wouldn't wear the tsv even it was given me...it is far too big and awkward looking.I will make do with my small cross body kipling bag.:up:

No matter how gushing, manic the presenters get in the quest of getting a sale there is no getting away (IMO of course!)that these items are not value.If someone wants to pay a huge premium for such ‘designer names’ it’s their choice.Made especially for QVC is a definite No No for me!

Oh goodness Ms gushy gushy Franks calm down, it doesn't matter how many awards AW has, it's still a darn ugly, ordinary looking bag, so yes my Forum buddies you guessed it after only less than one minute, over the channel goes.

Sounds like we lasted about the same amount of time, shopperholic. At about 12.45am, She of a Thousand Girlfriends was saying we need to be quick if we want the light coloured bag because it was selling so fast. I see it's still available and not limited stock or anything yet. It's almost as if she were exaggerating.

It looks like any number of bags you`d see on the high street.

That's very true. And wasn't the recent Ashwood TSV very similar? I do actually favour this size and shape of bag but even if I didn't have enough already, I wouldn't pay the TSV sort of money.

Isn't the rose gold trim a bit passé now too?

I taught myself a valuable lesson years ago when I bought the Lulu Guinness tote bag - the patent leather version with the embossed head. My God it was SO heavy without anything in it. I did use it a few times to get my money's worth, but in the end I was happy to give it to my sister in law. So now I steer clear of 'tote' bags whether plastic or leather, as I'm too old to take part in the Strongest Woman in the World. It doesn't happen often, but if I need a large bag, then its cotton or the good Kipling one I use.

don't like it all the bronze is a nice colour but i don't do large heavy leather bags either

Sounds like we lasted about the same amount of time, shopperholic. At about 12.45am, She of a Thousand Girlfriends was saying we need to be quick if we want the light coloured bag because it was selling so fast. I see it's still available and not limited stock or anything yet. It's almost as if she were exaggerating.

Ah yes, we can always count on JF to have a at least one girlfriend who like/loves/can't with out what she's flogging at that particular time. You're right Andi, seems there was no need to panic buy after all because the mineral is still hanging on.........phew! :mysmilie_17:

No matter how gushing, manic the presenters get in the quest of getting a sale there is no getting away (IMO of course!)that these items are not value.If someone wants to pay a huge premium for such ‘designer names’ it’s their choice.Made especially for QVC is a definite No No for me!

I agree SF, "especially made for QVC" translates to "quantity not quality"

Ah yes, we can always count on JF to have a at least one girlfriend who like/loves/can't with out what she's flogging at that particular time. You're right Andi, seems there was no need to panic buy after all because the mineral is still hanging on.........phew! :mysmilie_17:

I agree, but I would advise you to get in there quick with that order for six I know you are secretly going to buy for your girlfriends.

:mysmilie_59:

I agree, but I would advise you to get in there quick with that order for six I know you are secretly going to buy for your girlfriends.

:mysmilie_59:

I am Andi, I'm buying them two each, one for upstairs and one for down stairs in case the lazy buggers can't be bothered going up to get it :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back