Cuddl Duds TSV 28/03/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Didn`t they do a tsv similar to this before ? I think it was a sleeveless version and if I remember correctly it got terrible reviews because the armholes almost reached down to peoples waists and the fit especially around the upper body was rather strange.
It isn`t my cup of tea, reminds me of a night shirt which has gone baggy around the hem.

Didn`t they do a tsv similar to this before ? I think it was a sleeveless version and if I remember correctly it got terrible reviews because the armholes almost reached down to peoples waists and the fit especially around the upper body was rather strange.
It isn`t my cup of tea, reminds me of a night shirt which has gone baggy around the hem.

Yep, I bought it and sent it straight back!

Even Michele Hope's twee stretchy lace is better than most of these Cuddl Duds. What sort of a name is that, anyway: "Cuddl Duds?"

CUDDL F****** DUDS, I TELL YOU!

Maybe you can dress them up / dress them down, or team them up with some boat shoes for the nautical look, or something stripey for the safari look, just to create that little story running through right there?

Maybe you could just team them up with a pair of Birkenstocks in the summer for that on-trend look, or pair it up with some of your athleisure pieces for a more modern, functional look?

Let me quickly just give you the measurements...mmm...mmm...yeah...

Even Michele Hope's twee stretchy lace is better than most of these Cuddl Duds. What sort of a name is that, anyway: "Cuddl Duds?"

CUDDL F****** DUDS, I TELL YOU!

Maybe you can dress them up / dress them down, or team them up with some boat shoes for the nautical look, or something stripey for the safari look, just to create that little story running through right there?

Maybe you could just team them up with a pair of Birkenstocks in the summer for that on-trend look, or pair it up with some of your athleisure pieces for a more modern, functional look?

Let me quickly just give you the measurements...mmm...mmm...yeah...

my sides are aching stop now please

Cuddl Duds Flexwear Cap Sleeve Hanky Hem Dress with Pockets
Item Number: 170537
QVC Price £30.00
Todays Special Value Price £21.98
P&P £2.95

In a lightweight jersey fabric and boasting short sleeves, a round neckline and a handkerchief hemline, this Cuddl Duds dress offers the perfect mix of both comfort and style. Draping over the body, the shape of this dress will create a figure-flattering silhouette, and teamed with the right accessories you'll be able to wear it for just about any occasion.

Trans-seasonal style - worn with statement jewellery and a pair of flat sandals, this dress will be a go-to piece for warmer weather. But teamed with biker boots, a leather jacket and cosy accessories, this versatile piece will see you through the cooler seasons in superb style too.

To stripe or not to stripe - in three colour options, Navy, Grey and Soft Red, the striped options will add nautical-inspired colour to your wardrobe. Opting for the Olive or Black block colours however, will enable you to add prints and patterns to your look via the rest of your ensemble.

Side seam pockets
88% polyester; 12% elastane
Machine washable at 30C

Garment measurements:

Chest: S: 86.4cm (34"), M: 90.2cm (35.5"), L: 97.8cm (38.5"), XL: 105.4cm (41.5"), 2XL: 115.6cm (45.5"), 3XL: 123.2cm (48.5")
Hip: S: 104.1cm (41"), M: 107.9cm (42.5"), L: 115.6cm (45.5"), XL: 123.2cm (48.5"), 2XL: 133.4cm (52.5"), 3XL: 140.9cm (55.5")
Length: S: 100.8cm (39.7"), M: 101.6cm (40"), L: 102.9cm (40.5"), XL: 104.1cm (41"), 2XL: 106.7cm (42"), 3XL: 107.9cm (42.5")

Colour options:

Navy Stripe
Grey Stripe
Soft Red Stripe
Dark Olive
Black

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.170537

As a beach dress it would be ok if it had a normal straight hem.

Knitted polyester wouldn't be my choice on a beach, tbh. I might manage woven polyester, but given a choice I always prefer natural fibres, which Cuddl Duds doesn't offer in the TSV. I notice that often clothing brands which do come with viscose options either produce the thinnest cheapest viscose, or suddenly discover polyester at TSV time. I'm sure this range has some viscose options in their range. I dare say the deadly QVC price point squeeze makes polyester a necessity if the brand is to make any profit. I also notice Yong Kim rarely does a TSV, and I wonder if this is down to a refusal to go down the polyester route... There'd be no going back from that, as Marla Wynne demonstrated, sadly.

Sit down in it for a while and when you stand up you'll have a baggy bit where your bum has stretched it (like baggy knees on thin stretchy trousers).

I took a chance at a knock-down ebay price on the last CDudds dress TSV last year. I shortened it at the shoulder seams and wore it a lot last year. I get hot flushes so last summer I'd wake up in a nightie, shower and then wear dresses akin to the nightie to potter around the house.

App Anomaly Alert: I wake up around 2 am to take meds every night and the past few times I've looked at the TSV on my phone and it's showing as sold out or on waitlist. So I've ordered a few items and then cancelled them once the reviews start to roll in. Last night this dress was showing on waitlist across half the colours and the mid-range sizes. So I ordered a couple of these and will do the same again. If the reviews are poor I'll cancel; if they're ok I'll wait for the first one to arrive to test it for fit, probably trawl ebay for them if it's ok and possibly return the test dress to QVC and cancel the rest. It's not quite as good as the old "cheque-hold" but it's not bad. I should add that by the morning these items are showing as in stock not on waitlist so if I decide I can't wait and will definitely keep the item I could re-order as normal during the TSV day and cancel the waitlist one.

Back to the TSV dress; I wouldn't choose a hankie hem but don't mind it for house-pottering. I'd take it on holiday to throw on for breakfast. Last year's dress washes and dries in no time and hasn't bobbled. Anyone else tempted?

Latest posts

Back