Goodbye QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DMS

Registered Shopper
My time with QVC has now come to an end. Over the last few years I have been constantly disappointed with one thing or another and have only purchased a few times in the last year with a couple of those being returned due to faulty item etc. I took a chance just this week with a jacket that looked lovely and the fact that it was reduced was a bonus.... I got home yesterday to find a Hermes card popped through the lettebox stating 'over the back gate'.... Yep, it was thrown over and landed in recycling rubbish ready to go to the tip,,, grrr
I then clean it all up and open and find the jacket with stains on it!!! A telephone call the customer service informing of all this (Hermes also stated on their tracking that it was posted through the letterbox). I told them this was being returned and I want my account closed as had enough....:mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51:

I ordered some eek on free pnp and one arrived just the empty box. Dreading to phone CS.

Don't blame you at all DMS, and I think many of us are either at or close to that point.
QVC do not offer the Quality or Value they claim, and the Convenience element is also debatable, as most High St stores offer online or telephone ordering these days, and often free or cheap P&P and free returns.
It's the additional P&P for each separate item that peeves me off the most, as a matter of fact. If I order over £40 of good from M&S, it's free delivery. Order 3 items from Q, each costing £20, and it's a fiver P&P for each!

I sacked Q ages ago for anything other than my CZ bedding and I won`t be ordering anymore of that because I now have a stock of it. They take the P big time by sending out used goods or with their rip off p and p charges or with the poor quality/high prices of most of their items.
Today`s tsv is a prime example, plated brass and 40 quid, when Primark, Marks, debenhams etc etc do near enough identical stuff much cheaper.
If it wasn`t for their die hard followers (and the number of those is shrinking daily !)or the skincare and makeup junkies who are always chasing the next so called wonder product, I reckon Q would have sunk a long time ago. It`s companies such as them which give us the title of "Rip Off Britain" and so many people just sit back and accept it or make up excuses for them.

I was just wondering if any of the complaints above were sent to QVC HQ in writing. I'm just one of those people who don't suffer fools gladly, and when I have a complaint I go to the top - end of story. I've had phonecalls to me in very humble pie nature to apologize, believe me either in writing or in a call, I don't mince my words - they do not want to lose customers.

If you've done this then I apologize, but if not, let rip on these forums but to be honest, that only lets us know not the online seller - whoever it happens to be - in this case QVC

this is shocking and if you read their Facebook loads of dirty used items now being sent out.

I will say my Hermes lady is brilliant(I buy special food for my cat online and it was delivered by them), the website actually has a box to fill in where to leave the parcel if you are not in. That is all it takes, the Hermes drivers are self employed and only get I believe 25p a parcel, so of course they do not want to hang on to it. QVC just want as cheap as possible and don't care about the service they give.

The only thing I have bought recently is Tarte Shape Tart concealer we are talking months back, if I could get it else where I would. Yes, Tarte do the odd special of free shipping and the dollar to sterling but too much hassle. QVC sent me a free easy for my birthday last month. Never used it and just deleted the email.

I was just wondering if any of the complaints above were sent to QVC HQ in writing. I'm just one of those people who don't suffer fools gladly, and when I have a complaint I go to the top - end of story. I've had phonecalls to me in very humble pie nature to apologize, believe me either in writing or in a call, I don't mince my words - they do not want to lose customers.

If you've done this then I apologize, but if not, let rip on these forums but to be honest, that only lets us know not the online seller - whoever it happens to be - in this case QVC

Totally agree - I will generally go through the due process to complain, but if that does not yield the expected results (I'm talking about really poor service here, like returns sent out as new, I'm not one to gripe for the sake of it, everyone makes mistakes) then it's a carefully worded email to the CEO. It has always resulted in grovelling apologies and compensation, although as I always point out, I'd much rather just have had decent service in the first place, vs weeks of hassle and stress.

I think many us that have been around for sometime have become disenchanted with QVC & have either left altogether or greatly reduced their spending, as I have done.I have to admit that I have never had a ‘used’ item, or manybe I should say obviously ‘used’ item from them!Nor had any problems with CS.No retailer these days can afford to be complacent & I only order when I have compared prices elsewhere online but & factor in the p&p which I think is extortionate.I think they ‘hook’ a lot of people with the Easy Pays which I personally don’t bother about.

oops, forgot to add reply with quote, so done so below

Last edited:

I will indeed find QVC HQ and send them an email, however, apologises will not make me use QVC again as I have had enough....As for Hermes, from now on, I will make sure that any company I order from is NOT using them as had so much grief with them, and yes, I did send a strongly worded email to the top as they were forging my signature and also making up where they left it (i.e., in a concealed porch, when I do not even have a porch!)

Totally agree - I will generally go through the due process to complain, but if that does not yield the expected results (I'm talking about really poor service here, like returns sent out as new, I'm not one to gripe for the sake of it, everyone makes mistakes) then it's a carefully worded email to the CEO. It has always resulted in grovelling apologies and compensation, although as I always point out, I'd much rather just have had decent service in the first place, vs weeks of hassle and stress.

But did you get the apologetic or grovelling responses or compensation from QVC's upper echelons? I bet not. If you did, you are lucky. When I complained to the CEO (the one who left last year, I think), I didn't get so much as a one-line letter or email, or a simple call from his PA, for example, to acknowledge receipt or assure me it was being looked at. Surely that's the least they should have done but no, instead, they got a very young-sounding male flunky in Customer Services to call me days later and explain what was happening that had given me cause for complaint. It was hardly even apologetic, to be honest - not rude, but matter of fact and slightly dismissive.

QVC know nothing about proper customer service and the fact they win these dubious awards makes me very suspicious as I've seen no proof whatsoever that they deserve it.

But did you get the apologetic or grovelling responses or compensation from QVC's upper echelons? I bet not. If you did, you are lucky. When I complained to the CEO (the one who left last year, I think), I didn't get so much as a one-line letter or email, or a simple call from his PA, for example, to acknowledge receipt or assure me it was being looked at. Surely that's the least they should have done but no, instead, they got a very young-sounding male flunky in Customer Services to call me days later and explain what was happening that had given me cause for complaint. It was hardly even apologetic, to be honest - not rude, but matter of fact and slightly dismissive.

QVC know nothing about proper customer service and the fact they win these dubious awards makes me very suspicious as I've seen no proof whatsoever that they deserve it.

Totally agree, AndiK, Q is easily the worst retailer/'service' provider I've ever dealt with - I had to email the CEO once after they ballsed up some easy pays (cannot remember the reason why but of course it left me out of pocket) and I got a vaguely apologetic letter (very passive-aggressive in tone) back plus a tenner on my account and from what I've gathered since, that was 'quite the result' in comparison to others' experiences - pathetic!

Totally agree, AndiK, Q is easily the worst retailer/'service' provider I've ever dealt with - I had to email the CEO once after they ballsed up some easy pays (cannot remember the reason why but of course it left me out of pocket) and I got a vaguely apologetic letter (very passive-aggressive in tone) back plus a tenner on my account and from what I've gathered since, that was 'quite the result' in comparison to others' experiences - pathetic!

Ah, well done with the reply from QVC - that sounds the sort of complaint they should and would respond to more robustly ... even QVC! As you say, "quite the result" when you read the reaction or lack of others had.

I have a dreadful memory for these things (got the basics all wrong and the final straw was when they could take the second easy pay for the cocked up item from my new card, but couldn't then refund the money to it...bonkers) and actually, the initial response from Q was the snarky letter and £10 on my account - checking back through my emails, this was the final response from the CEO's office...not so sure you would get that these days - still say it's worth a shot emailing the CEO though!

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

I would like to begin by saying how sorry I was to hear of your disappointment with the service you have received in relation to your order for the Gatineau Aqua Duo, Item number 219329.

It was unacceptable that you received the wrong item on two different occasions. This feedback has been noted and passed to the relevant department to help prevent such issues occurring in the future.

Further to the incorrect items that you received I can understand your frustration when it took so long for you to receive the pre paid labels to return the items in question. I can confirm that a pre paid label was sent on the 5th October and two further pre paid labels were sent on the 11th October as requested but I am sorry that they were not received by you until mid October. I can only assume that the first of the pre paid label which was sent on the 5th October went astray in the post which I do sincerely apologise for.

When the items were finally received back a refund should have been issued at this point but it appears that due to a system error the refund was not processed correctly.

On the 14th November when you e-mailed to query this our Customer Care team issued a refund on to the original order for you. As advised this is company policy to refund items back on to the original method of payment. Under the terms of our Merchant Agreement for processing credit/debit card transactions, it is a requirement that we only make refunds back to the Cardholder’s original method of payment where possible.

I am sorry if this has inconvenienced you and I do sincerely apologise for the errors which have occurred throughout this order.

As a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience caused I have added a further £15 shopping credits to your account in addition to the £10 shopping credits which was added to your account on the 15th November.

Once again I do apologise for the inconvenience caused. If I can be of any further help then please do not hesitate to contact me on 0800 51 41 31 and asking for your call to be transferred to Chris in the Chief Executive Office or alternatively replying to this e-mail. My hours of work are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

Kind regards

Chris Pearse
QVCUK Chief Executive Office

We all know that QVC began in the years before the internet, so tele shopping was a new concept in the UK and they were at the forefront of the genre. They had the good years of being the major sellers of Craft and Jewellery, at a time when internet shopping wasn't what it is now. Beauty is a different animal, there is only so much gunk one can have in the bathroom, but apart from fashion, cooking and gardening there is very little else for Q to concentrate on.

They may now be subsidised by the parent company in the U.S, where telly shopping may still be relevant; I don't know about the U.S but compared to Europe, the UK are much bigger internet shoppers, so QVC is very much a spent force. The fact that disabled and housebound wanting to shop via the tele no longer holds water when most homes now have some form of internet equipment.

I stopped using Q about 5 years ago. I got really cheesed off when my 'passcode' suddenly didn't work online, I eventually phoned and they said they would have to issue a new User Id for me (why?). Well, two new cards arrived, each with a different number. I then ordered a box of L'Occitane stuff (Xmas TSV probably) and one of the products had leaked everywhere. Gave up at that point!

They were OK in the pre-internet days when there was a good selection of stuff not available elsewhere and it was less 'high pressure selling', and the prices weren't ridiculous, and you could often find something a bit different.

I've had excellent customer service from the DHS (particular mention to House of Fraser who were 10/10) so even that aspect of their sales pitch no longer cuts ice.

qvc is ok to shop with until something goes wrong and its the most frustrating company on earth. re the p&p i was showing my daughter some anybody loungewear i bought on qvc she then said "yes and they charge p&p for every item. nobody else does that". i felt embarrased. qvc are not going to get away with their tactics with the younger generation its the older generation keeping them in business

DMS, I understand fully, I closed my account over four years ago now due to rubbish service and used goods sent out as new, the last four things I ordered consecutively were visible used items, so QVC were that brazen to not even try to hide it, one item cost £4.95 and came second class Royal Mail and took a week, were as anywhere else £4.95 would've been next day delivery. Comes to something when this humongous company can't even do next day delivery, Collect Plus and Paypal yet Ideal World can, QVC are beyond contempt now, and anyway most of the things they sell, apart from some QVC American imports, can be found on the high street.

Complaining to Head Office doesn't get you anywhere accept for a patronising disingenuous apology, at least venting it on here will alert new shoppers to this prehistoric company and its second rate (and that's being generous) service.

qvc is ok to shop with until something goes wrong and its the most frustrating company on earth. re the p&p i was showing my daughter some anybody loungewear i bought on qvc she then said "yes and they charge p&p for every item. nobody else does that". i felt embarrased. qvc are not going to get away with their tactics with the younger generation its the older generation keeping them in business

It is without doubt the P&P issue which grinds my gears more than anything. NO OTHER COMPANY has such an archaic system that they can't put two similar items in the same consignment when ordered together (let alone package a DVD, beauty item and phone case together, as Amazon do - in double-quick time at that!). QVC boast about their huge (don't they even say "high tech"?) distribution centre up in Knowsley. But they can't even get one item right in some cases (or check it's unused), never mind manage to put a couple of items to the same customer in one box. I am sure they could if they wanted to, but they make a nice, tidy profit out of the P&P so why not stop the customer making a little saving on postage and just rip us off some more.

Apart from that, the only other reason I can think of for charging P&P x2 for one item in two different colours, say, is that it puts buyers off returning even one. QVC would love us to keep both.

We all have different experiences of Hermes. I have had some great delivery men and women and some awful ones. QVC can't do much about that and no delivery company is perfect. But as was said earlier, QVC obviously have the most basic of contracts with Hermes. I recently sent something using Hermes - a heavy-ish item which would have cost over £15 at the Post Office. Hermes charged £6.49 and I got next day delivery, even though I didn't select or pay for that, with full tracking, including update emails. When one of QVC's deliveries by Hermes is late or lost, we (via QVC) can't even find out what's happening for about 48 hours in many cases.

Latest posts

Back