Aldi Jo Malone Eau de Toilette dupe

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes I tried all 3 of them in my local Aldi and I bought the Lime, Basil and Mandarin one. It`s lovely, lasts really well on my skin and I actually went back to buy another but they`d completely sold out of all 3 fragrances. They also had matching skin wash and body creams and they`d sold out too. I really hope they bring them back again and I`m sorry I didn`t buy more. The pomegranate was really nice too but I wasn`t too keen on the freesia and pear.

Didn't know Aldi were certified cruelty free, from Cruelty Free International website -

"ALDI is the nation’s fifth largest supermarket with over 700 stores throughout the UK. The discount supermarket chain has been certified as cruelty free for animal testing for its entire own-brand personal care and household cleaning products range.

Types of Product(s):
Cosmetics/Personal care, Cosmetics/Make up, Household products, General household products"

Didn't know Aldi were certified cruelty free, from Cruelty Free International website -

"ALDI is the nation’s fifth largest supermarket with over 700 stores throughout the UK. The discount supermarket chain has been certified as cruelty free for animal testing for its entire own-brand personal care and household cleaning products range.

Types of Product(s):
Cosmetics/Personal care, Cosmetics/Make up, Household products, General household products"
I didn't know this either & I scour the internet for cruelty free information. Thank you so much for this.

Types of Product(s):

This is one of the reasons I buy my beauty products and most of my weekly shop from Aldi, I love shopping on their website too with free delivery, Aldi is an all round winner for me.

A little heads up, this won't be on line for long. https://www.aldi.co.uk/argan-day-and-night-cream-set/p/000000212624800 You can buy the day and night separately for £2.99 each, or the set for £5.98 and I've got to say, it's absolutely lovely, I've just bought some more. There was experiment a few years back and gave people the most expensive brand and the Lacura range without people knowing which is which, out of fifty people, fifty people picked the Lacura range as the better of the two.

We don't have an Aldi in Northern Ireland, seems they and Lidl are connected so we got them instead. There is brand turning up in many chemists which are dupes of Jo Malone too for £6.99.

Not a fan of Jo Malone I admit, do have two of the black bottles Myrrh & Tonka and Orris & Sandalwood. Hated the Basil and Amber ones. Though her Jo Loves White Rose and Lemon Leaves is pretty.

We don't have an Aldi in Northern Ireland, seems they and Lidl are connected so we got them instead. There is brand turning up in many chemists which are dupes of Jo Malone too for £6.99.

Not a fan of Jo Malone I admit, do have two of the black bottles Myrrh & Tonka and Orris & Sandalwood. Hated the Basil and Amber ones. Though her Jo Loves White Rose and Lemon Leaves is pretty.

I thought I was the only one who didn't much like Jo Malone. A friend sometimes wears it (not sure which fragrance - could be the Lime one) and there's this back waft of cat's pee to my nose. I've been in shops to sample items and found most of it awful.

Having said that, I think I do quite like Pomegranate Noir and would love to have tried the Aldi version. I am rubbish with Aldi - keep missing the best things and can't visit often enough to be lucky and catch bargains fresh in. I was told about their hot cloth cleanser recently but couldn't get to a store for the snow (or is that regular stock?).

Gosh, they are real knock offs aren't they? Even the bottles are obvious copies!
Jo Malone Grapefruit is my signature fragrance, I wear it all the time, and people seem to like it on me. The other one I like is Nutmeg & Ginger. I was given a small bottle of Pomegranate Noir, but not at all keen that one, it's overwhelming.
I'd really like to try some of her new Jo Loves fragrances, as I'm not really a fan of the Estee Lauder company seeming to own the whole world!

Donna, what dupe brand is this please?

I've got to say hand on heart, the best foundation I've ever used is the Lacura CC cream in light from Aldi, it's as if they custom made it for me because the colour is perfect and the coverage is fantastic, light on the skin and full coverage. It's only £2.99 so I buy a few when they're in and being cruelty free too, what's not to love? :mysmilie_3:

I've got to say hand on heart, the best foundation I've ever used is the Lacura CC cream in light from Aldi, it's as if they custom made it for me because the colour is perfect and the coverage is fantastic, light on the skin and full coverage. It's only £2.99 so I buy a few when they're in and being cruelty free too, what's not to love? :mysmilie_3:

Must admit I bought this too in the medium shade and it`s excellent.

I am cringing that I just bought the Light and Fair It Cosmetics TSV - ok, I got other items as well (some of which I'll make money back on when I sell) and I do like it a lot but ...

:sad:

I bought a CC cream in Lidl last year and don't like that at all. Maybe I just picked the wrong shade but I wouldn't buy that again.

I am cringing that I just bought the Light and Fair It Cosmetics TSV - ok, I got other items as well (some of which I'll make money back on when I sell) and I do like it a lot but ...

:sad:

I bought a CC cream in Lidl last year and don't like that at all. Maybe I just picked the wrong shade but I wouldn't buy that again.

The Lidl one isn't the same as the Aldi one, if you ever see it in Aldi I'd try it, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised. :mysmilie_3:

It is isn't it, I couldn't believe it, they could've charged £29.99 instead of £2.99 and it still would've been excellent value for something so good.

The Lidl one isn't the same as the Aldi one, if you ever see it in Aldi I'd try it, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised. :mysmilie_3:

Must, must, must make another long-overdue trip to Aldi. It's not that far but a car trip and I'm surrounded by other shops I can walk to so I tend not to get the car out. I guess as the Specialbuys are out on Thursdays and Sundays, they are the days to go if you want to be sure of there being stock? Or are those the days Specialbuys are available online? I know you will know, shopperholic, because you are also an Aldiholic (nothing wrong with that!).

Must, must, must make another long-overdue trip to Aldi. It's not that far but a car trip and I'm surrounded by other shops I can walk to so I tend not to get the car out. I guess as the Specialbuys are out on Thursdays and Sundays, they are the days to go if you want to be sure of there being stock? Or are those the days Specialbuys are available online? I know you will know, shopperholic, because you are also an Aldiholic (nothing wrong with that!).

Yeah Andi, the special buys are in the shop Sunday and Thursday, but you can also buy (pre order) online and they'll despatch on or around the date they're released in the store, but there's only so many online and when they sell out they're only available in store then. I love it when people get a bargain me, especially my Forum buddies. :mysmilie_3:

This is one of the reasons I buy my beauty products and most of my weekly shop from Aldi, I love shopping on their website too with free delivery, Aldi is an all round winner for me.

A little heads up, this won't be on line for long. https://www.aldi.co.uk/argan-day-and-night-cream-set/p/000000212624800 You can buy the day and night separately for £2.99 each, or the set for £5.98 and I've got to say, it's absolutely lovely, I've just bought some more. There was experiment a few years back and gave people the most expensive brand and the Lacura range without people knowing which is which, out of fifty people, fifty people picked the Lacura range as the better of the two.

BIB - it is lovely, I agree.

Latest posts

Back