Awful Jill Gauntlett!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jenifer Kirk (Kirks Folly) I think retired, and her daughter's Dreamkeeper collection became less jackets and kimonos, and more scarves and wraps.

I still own a lot of the brand jackets/ponchos/kimonos , particularly the early jackets with beading which have a 1920's vibe and they always attract compliments. Honestly ? I'd be hard pushed to buy anything similar now without paying a lot of money, so am glad I held on to them all. I don't keep them for 'cruises' either, but wear them with summer maxi's (old hippy that I am !)

Jenniefer Kirk & her sister closed down the original Kirks Folly in 2014 but they missed designing & started another quite similar company soon after. There is an American website with lots of items but they all seem to be at reduced prices.She was obviously very proud of what her family had achieved & must have been really hurt by the way QVC in the states treated her. I don't know if people would still buy her creations, maybe we have totally different tastes from those we had in the 90s. I have a Christmas tree brooch that is beautiful & always gets compliments. Love the glitter or loathe it at least the shows were fun & friendly.

Most presenters are OK in small doses.
There is no dose small enough for the ones that rile you the most. For me this used to be Sara Griffiths, Debbie and Simon. So currently just Debbie & Simon. Most guests are't on often enough to annoy me that much.

What I would say is that I've gone from tuning in at least for a few minutes every day, to maybe a couple of times a week. That's mainly because it's so boring, and rarely offers genuine bargains on things I actually need. I'm not in the market for 90% plus of what QVC are selling. It's saving me a fortune!

Agree about Debbie and Simon,I just can't watch them. Simon is like a charicature of a selly telly shouty presenter, and Debbie is smugness personified. Why they allowed her to come back to Q after the way she left, is a complete mystery.
I remember seeing her last ever show years ago, she spent a lot of the hour promoting her move to her new channel, and said she'd persuaded that Dream Wizard pillow guest to move with them.

Jenniefer Kirk & her sister closed down the original Kirks Folly in 2014 but they missed designing & started another quite similar company soon after. There is an American website with lots of items but they all seem to be at reduced prices.She was obviously very proud of what her family had achieved & must have been really hurt by the way QVC in the states treated her. I don't know if people would still buy her creations, maybe we have totally different tastes from those we had in the 90s. I have a Christmas tree brooch that is beautiful & always gets compliments. Love the glitter or loathe it at least the shows were fun & friendly.

Oh good heavens, I'd almost forgotten about that silly old bint! I'd have thought the men in white coats would have carted her off to the funny farm years ago. Didn't she use to imply she was spreading love and light in the world by hurling glitter at the tv camera? I swear down that woman was as mad as a box of frogs, as probably were her legions of adoring fans who would shell out a small fortune for her cheaply-made tat. Perhaps they were blinded by the aurora borealis?

I have no issues with presenters' or guests' accents. What I don't like is both talking over each other, pushy sales women, presenters and guests who apparently own everything in the QVC inventory and presenters who have private conversations with the gallery and then witter on about what's been said instead of doing their job.

If that happened in a shop, many of us would walk out. QVC is an online/TV shop so I simply switch channels.

lol Maxine is exactly like Marlene from "Only fools and horses", very good shout.

I think aside from the few with the common/cockney accents, they all sound the same... they all droan-on the same, with endless self-promotion.

The likes of Jill G and Abby are constantly used because they already have them and don't need to retrain someone else. Plus I'm sure they are convinced that women buy gadgets from women (nonsense but I bet they think it)

Don't mind accents but some voices grate on me. Beverley Cressman is one I can't listen to for long and that woman that presents the Grace range has a voice I can't listen to at all. Abi Horne is dreadful as is 5 star rollocks spouter, Lorna Ko. Not overly keen on Gill Gauntlett but there's worse.

CC

Beverley is unfortunately blessed with an uncomfortable voice to listen to, it's true. I try not to hold it against her. She does at least seem to prepare for her appearances. When I can call "house" on my bullshizzle bingo card, I get very irked. I agree with your pet peeves, CC but my own list would take too long to write. :mysmilie_11::mysmilie_11::mysmilie_11:

I'm not too keen on Fiona who's been on our screens today touting a beauty TSV. Am not keen on her voice or her "Kay WHite from Prisoner: Cell Block H" hairstyle.

Last edited:
A few years ago on here - in the days when Fiona wore her hair in a Croydon face lift, someone on here new 'someone' at Decleor and Fiona appeared not to have a good reputation amongst her colleagues. She wouldn't let anyone else appear for Decleor on QVC, and come to think of it I cant ever remember anyone else presenting it !

A few years ago on here - in the days when Fiona wore her hair in a Croydon face lift, someone on here new 'someone' at Decleor and Fiona appeared not to have a good reputation amongst her colleagues. She wouldn't let anyone else appear for Decleor on QVC, and come to think of it I cant ever remember anyone else presenting it !

That doesn't surprise me. She comes across as horrid, like the mother-in-law you'd avoid.

There was another lady who presented when Fiona couldn't I think she was called Laura. She left to work for another brand. It was mentioned on a thread here a coup!e of years ago.

i met fiona at a beauty bash. not nice imo..there were dozens of fawning Decleor fans wanting a free facial from the queen bee herself. if you saw the look on her face because she had to touch someone if it were not so disrespectful it may even be classed as funny. her staff were not much better

I've always found that Keeley Elemis and Fiona Decleor have delusions of grandeur, and would also smack you soon as look at you.

These beauty experts amuse me & 'delusions of grandeur' is spot on. They sell gunk, some of it smells divine, some of it causes a reaction but it's all gunk NOT the elixir of life. The majority of the ones on the Q remind me of the haughty women on the beauty stands of big department stores who fascinated me when I was a child. My grandmother would go shopping & glide through the ground floor of Rackhams in Birmingham with me in tow, a serene smile on her face that had seen Astral, a touch of powder & her signature red lipstick put on it that morning & she outshone the lot of them.

These beauty experts amuse me & 'delusions of grandeur' is spot on. They sell gunk, some of it smells divine, some of it causes a reaction but it's all gunk NOT the elixir of life. The majority of the ones on the Q remind me of the haughty women on the beauty stands of big department stores who fascinated me when I was a child. My grandmother would go shopping & glide through the ground floor of Rackhams in Birmingham with me in tow, a serene smile on her face that had seen Astral, a touch of powder & her signature red lipstick put on it that morning & she outshone the lot of them.

I remember those department store women, Twi. I particularly remember Hanningtons in Brighton was very snooty. They all had that airline hostess look - but somehow a little more foreboding.

These days I sometimes go to Selfridges, House of Fraser and John Lewis in Oxford Street and you get some of them there. I particularly dislike the Clarins ones who are just stuck up. I sometimes put on a cockney accent and go: "Alright babes, got any buy one get one free deals goin'?!" and they usually look horrified!

I've always found that Keeley Elemis and Fiona Decleor have delusions of grandeur, and would also smack you soon as look at you.

Yes, there have been some unpleasant experiences reported here and elsewhere concerning these two ladies. I think it's a pity they have forgotten they are there thanks to legions of loyal paying customers!!!!

Latest posts

Back