Elemis TSV 14/04/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

By all accounts this so called wonder night treatment is said to be £145 a jar and is advertised with lots of pseudo techno babble such as "smart drone technology" and yet looking at the ingredients they`re mainly carrier oils, water, essential oils, stabilizers and acrylics which give the feeling of smoothing lines and wrinkles.
I`m not a chemist but reading the list there seems to be nothing new, scientific or innovative. Do you think they`re hoping people will swallow the hype, hook , line and sinker or am I just being cynical ?

Ingredients of Pro-Collagen Overnight Matrix
Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Olus Oil/Vegetable Oil/Huile Végétale, Propanediol, Behenyl Alcohol, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Beheneth-25, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Benzoic Acid, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Dunaliella Salina Extract, Rhizobian Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Linalool, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract, Geraniol, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Chlorphenesin, Plankton Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Citronellol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Caramel, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Wood Oil, Limonene, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tephrosia Purpurea Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Menthol, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Caprylate, Lactic Acid/Glycolic Acid Copolymer, Phenylpropanol, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-50, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Heptapeptide-15 Palmitate.

I do like the Oxzy Night Cream(I take it this is the rebranded version?), it does not annoy my rosacea and has a light texture. Do I expect it to turn me into a 20 year next morning no? You can buy it on offer non-stop at loads of places, Ebay around £20-24 for the 30mls size.

theres soooooo much ingredients theres bound to be some irritants the only frangipani stuff i like is the oil the rest is rubbish. i bought a kit last year from qvc and it was loathsome. the shower gel had no foam and very little scent. the body cream you needed half a saucepan to get any results

theres soooooo much ingredients theres bound to be some irritants the only frangipani stuff i like is the oil the rest is rubbish. i bought a kit last year from qvc and it was loathsome. the shower gel had no foam and very little scent. the body cream you needed half a saucepan to get any results

I wonder if this means we're going to have boring Keeley going on and on about hydration for the whole day? Looks as though it's packed with loads of irritating plant ingredients - you might as well go and bathe in stinging nettles.

Had a chat with the SA at my Elemis counter. She said it was a new formula and oh you can use it as an overnight mask? But you leave your night cream on overnight anyway said I:mysmilie_17:

A no from me, I really dislike the frangipani range.

The first Elemis product I ever had (in a goody bag from some event or other) was a Frangipani body cream. It put me off trying anything else from the company for years. I actually thought it was off. I am still not keen on Elemis, much as I would like to support a British brand. And Keely couldn't sell anything to me even if it was 99p.

I think I will probably go for this depending on the price. The cleanser is one of my favourites & I love the Frangipanis scent. Excited to try the overnight matrix. Haven't purchased an Elemis TSV for some time as can't stand the Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm which is sometimes in the TSV's plus have so much Pro Collagen Marine Cream in my stash. Will look forward to this one :)

Pickles, may I ask what it is about the cleansing balm you don't like?

It gave me spots, that's why I'm curious, but love PCMC.

I am not a fan of the cleansing balm either. Too strong aromatherapy wise, it did not break me out, but I so much prefer the Emma Hardie one

I quite like the Elemis balm, but I've yet to find a balm which is as good as the Emma Hardie Moringa Balm.

I quite like the Elemis balm, but I've yet to find a balm which is as good as the Emma Hardie Moringa Balm.

If you keep an eye on M&S they can have brilliantly priced kits from EH and also 20% off quite regularly too. I know one of the reps Harvest, she used to work in my local SpaceNK but travels all over Ireland and will let me about upcoming collections in M&S which are great value. I got the set of 3 50mls cleansing balms with 3 cloths for less than buying one 100mls because she told me about them last year.

i am using a Loreal cleansing oil smells of apricot love its lasting me for around 4 months of use and still going strong it was £2.99 on offer in super drug

Pickles, may I ask what it is about the cleansing balm you don't like?

It gave me spots, that's why I'm curious, but love PCMC.

The main thing is the smell. I really can't stand it. I recently purchased the new rose one which smells much nicer imo, but have been noticing some spots & redness coming so I think it will be returned. Maybe its just too rich for my skin. My most favourite cleansers are the Sunday Riley Blue Moon & Oskia Micro exfoliating balm. The Oskia one is so nice!! I also do love the Emma Hardie one. There's a few Elemis products that I have been allergic too in the past which is a shame as I really do like the range. Same with Liz Earle, C&P breaks me out completely all along my jawline & neck.

The main thing is the smell. I really can't stand it. I recently purchased the new rose one which smells much nicer imo, but have been noticing some spots & redness coming so I think it will be returned. Maybe its just too rich for my skin. My most favourite cleansers are the Sunday Riley Blue Moon & Oskia Micro exfoliating balm. The Oskia one is so nice!! I also do love the Emma Hardie one. There's a few Elemis products that I have been allergic too in the past which is a shame as I really do like the range. Same with Liz Earle, C&P breaks me out completely all along my jawline & neck.

Brands use essential oils and unfortunately in skincare, unlike food labelling, there is no mandatory labelling of known allergens - that results in many of us finding out the hard (expensive) way that products are not suitable for us.

If QVC devoted some of the time during presentations and on the website to ingredients and who might not get on with them, they could improve their net sales figures. I'm assuming they measure both gross and net sales figures ( net being minus returns in my assumption). The time on air gassing about how such and such a celeb swears by the product, what the presenter's child/grandchild/friend/pet loves about it, reading self a congratulatory tweets and generally not doing the job they are meant to be doing... How much more beneficial to have honest-to-goodness advice about when and how to use the product, who should avoid (and they could get much smarter with ancillary products to sell by including alternatives as well as additions to the TSV. Yet another trick missed.

I am not singling out Elemis. Other beauty brands are also using essential oils. Decleor is a no brainer. They use them extensively throughout the range. Products without are few and far between. It's less obvious with brands that combine science and nature, so more transparency would help enormously.

I love essential oils, but I'm cutting back severely. My kryptonite is rose. I rarely get on with products containing rose essential oil, so tend to get my fix from geranium or rosewood. Ironic since it's often touted as a sensitive skin's friend!

Latest posts

Back