qvc U.S

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Being bored, thought I'd look at the U.S website and their presenters. You should see the teeth !!! Hollywood perfect or what. I think I would still be spending a LOT if we had the choice of goods that they have across the pond. The amount of choice in shoes for starters. Interestingly no Nina Leonard listed, so are we the only ones lumbered with that brand ? When Temp-tations cookware first aired here I bought some and loved it, now its obsolete but the choice is stupendous on the US site. I did notice the fashion in general - regardless of brand, was pretty dire, all very samey, and every brand offering their take on trousers/leggings/jeggings. Nevertheless they don't have to put up with the Gnome !

Yes, no screaming about tapping the app, rabbling about their home life, looking for compliments and giggling.

They let the guest presenter talk and explain the product.

I wonder if its the buyers to blame in the UK - surely they must have the pick of their US paymasters inventory of goods to push on UK tv ? There again, if the buyers are anything like the awful stoilists then we have no chance of decent stuff being offered.

It used to get on my goat when they spouted about the so called Q buying power yet UK didn’t seem to have a fraction of the choice of US.

I think that UK buyers must be the laziest people on the planet- their offerings are beyond boring.

Remember all the trade shows all over the world that the gem buyers were going to - obviously they must feel hard done by since it’s all Eek now.

When DHS shops get the season fashions totally wrong heads roll but it seems that Q buyers never have to step up to the mark and justify their decisions- they just languish in clearance until they lift their pensions.

It used to get on my goat when they spouted about the so called Q buying power yet UK didn’t seem to have a fraction of the choice of US.

I think that UK buyers must be the laziest people on the planet- their offerings are beyond boring.

Remember all the trade shows all over the world that the gem buyers were going to - obviously they must feel hard done by since it’s all Eek now.

When DHS shops get the season fashions totally wrong heads roll but it seems that Q buyers never have to step up to the mark and justify their decisions- they just languish in clearance until they lift their pensions.

Maybe they know/hope that if they wait long enough, the superannuated stock will come back into fashion! It seems they would rather hold a load of archaic stock in their massive warehouse, rather than clear the stock out properly with genuine reductions so they are ready to retail things that actually are in fashion!

They need to re-think fashion - they should be looking at classic timeless pieces (of good quality fabric and design), fashion colours for the timeless pieces, then items which are more "of the moment" in design, or seasonal offerings (and just forget about cruise season - it doesn't exist over here).

Remember because the overall size of the viewership and potential customers, the US will always have greater economies of scale than the UK, and they will carry a greater range of products as a result (including more colourways, and sizes).

QVC seems a very conservative, risk-averse organisation... so it's no surprise that when they find something that sells, they want all their brands doing it, because brand-loyal customers might not buy a cold shoulder top from one brand but will buy it from another (as an example). What is really disappointing is that they manage to drive brands to a point where the very thing which made the brand appealing is watered down or totally destroyed (I'm thinking Marla Wynne here).

For anything to change in the UK there would have to be people in senior enough positions who believe change is necessary. I don't think anyone does believe it yet, or if they do, they don't care enough to remedy matters.

It`s as if QVC UK is the poor relation. Always having less choice, poorer quality and across the board less capable staff right up from the camera person to the top man or woman and every ranking inbetween.
They also seem to have more delivery issues, worse quality control, higher prices and sometimes it`s as if tsv`s are made up from the dregs of certain brands and not the new styles or products the same brands sell on QVC US.
Lord knows why that is, you`d think they`d have the same items across all QVC stations. In a way I find it kind of insulting and as if the powers that be, have decided any old tat is good enough for us.

Maybe on Q USA jobs are harder to get and retain?

What other organisation would keep the bumbling KT, the “I’m too good for this” JK, Gatling gun AK, “its all about ME” JF and “what the hell do I know, I got my qualifications 40 years ago” AY.

As for Del Boy, maybe the hard sell is more American than UK?

Maybe they know/hope that if they wait long enough, the superannuated stock will come back into fashion! It seems they would rather hold a load of archaic stock in their massive warehouse, rather than clear the stock out properly with genuine reductions so they are ready to retail things that actually are in fashion!

They need to re-think fashion - they should be looking at classic timeless pieces (of good quality fabric and design), fashion colours for the timeless pieces, then items which are more "of the moment" in design, or seasonal offerings (and just forget about cruise season - it doesn't exist over here).

Remember because the overall size of the viewership and potential customers, the US will always have greater economies of scale than the UK, and they will carry a greater range of products as a result (including more colourways, and sizes).

QVC seems a very conservative, risk-averse organisation... so it's no surprise that when they find something that sells, they want all their brands doing it, because brand-loyal customers might not buy a cold shoulder top from one brand but will buy it from another (as an example). What is really disappointing is that they manage to drive brands to a point where the very thing which made the brand appealing is watered down or totally destroyed (I'm thinking Marla Wynne here).

For anything to change in the UK there would have to be people in senior enough positions who believe change is necessary. I don't think anyone does believe it yet, or if they do, they don't care enough to remedy matters.

You've made a good point there MML, I imagine there's a lot of apathy involved, and as long as there is a beauty / Kipling / diamonique tsv then they're happy. Lots have changed over the years, not least a lack of new products (vendors), - yes the regular brands continue to bring in the money, but are they ? we are now seeing for the first time ever the instigation of nil p & p - unheard of in previous years, so sales must be falling, even though the prices aren't. Kim & Co is rapidly turning into a luxury brand with her pricing levels, as are others, so because of this the financials stack up but sales may not be.

Maybe on Q USA jobs are harder to get and retain?

What other organisation would keep the bumbling KT, the “I’m too good for this” JK, Gatling gun AK, “its all about ME” JF and “what the hell do I know, I got my qualifications 40 years ago” AY.

As for Del Boy, maybe the hard sell is more American than UK?

:mysmilie_458::mysmilie_458:

I can't imagine many of QVC UK's presenters lasting 5 minutes on QVC US!!!

Poorly prepared, poorly dressed, poor delivery of accurate and timely information. Too many cosy, matey relationships with guests and models. I also don't think most of the back room staff can rest on their laurels either. The shockingly dire website in particular. If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.... Unless you work at QVC UK apparently. The youngsters will be learning by the example of the senior staff, but the older staff cannot hide.

In QVC I feel sorriest for the "little people" who have no say in policy just do as they're told.