Got to Have it Day-Yankee TSV 28/05/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am tempted by the ABC skinwash, but I already have a stash... so imo it is only a bargain if you need it.:mysmilie_59:

I see the sun & skincare guru Abbi is here with the Ultrasun.I have to say I use the Face 50 all through the summer.I have just received the June issue of Which & there is a report on sunscreens.There is no mention of Ultrasun, why not Abbi if it is as wonderful as you would have us believe?The Best Buys are fraction of the Ultrasun prices.I think it is time to follow these recommendations & give Abbi ‘ I want you to’ the elbow.

Can anyone enlighten us to Abbi’s qualifications she is presenting as a beauty therapist now.

I agree SF, we use the Lacura range sun protection from Aldi, and their spf 50 for kids sensitive skin, both £1.99. Neither the grown ups or the grankdiddies have ever burned with it. I agree all this "I want you" is a load of rubbish because if she really wants you to protect yourself, the price wouldn't be so expensive. We've just got back from a day out and again, with Lacura, no burning so like everything else, she likes to convince you that expensive is better, it isn't.

I agree SF, we use the Lacura range sun protection from Aldi, and their spf 50 for kids sensitive skin, both £1.99. Neither the grown ups or the grankdiddies have ever burned with it. I agree all this "I want you" is a load of rubbish because if she really wants you to protect yourself, the price wouldn't be so expensive. We've just got back from a day out and again, with Lacura, no burning so like everything else, she likes to convince you that expensive is better, it isn't.
I use all sorts of kids factor 30 suncreams and have not burnt. I burn very easily

Items So Far

SBC 5 Piece Comforting Gel Collection £33.96 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.236091

I had my eye on this since SCW posted it last week and was going to ask if others agreed it looked good value. I love all the honey/propolis stuff and the Aloe Vera gel has 37 reviews on QVC, all 5 star. The main reason I hesitated is the litres and litres of shower gel and hand wash I've got in my cupboards which will last me years. I've been out today and see it sold out in the 2pm show - I'm quite relieved because I really didn't need another box of body products but at the same time I feel I've missed out and I hate that feeling! Obviously everyone did think it was good value if it sold out in 6 minutes. Anyone here buy it?

So I picked up my TSV trio yesterday and am very happy indeed - the Wildflower one is probably my least favourite as heady florals are not my thing but it does still smell lovely.

However, Sea Air and Peaches n Cream are gorgeous - Sea Air is a fresher version of Cottage Breeze (my all-time fave) and Peaches n Cream reminds me of Goose Creek's Georgia Peach; a softer peach smell without that sticky, cloying note that so many peachy candles seem to have.

I won't be burning any of them for a while but I'm very pleased I bought this TSV.

So I picked up my TSV trio yesterday and am very happy indeed - the Wildflower one is probably my least favourite as heady florals are not my thing but it does still smell lovely.

However, Sea Air and Peaches n Cream are gorgeous - Sea Air is a fresher version of Cottage Breeze (my all-time fave) and Peaches n Cream reminds me of Goose Creek's Georgia Peach; a softer peach smell without that sticky, cloying note that so many peachy candles seem to have.

I won't be burning any of them for a while but I'm very pleased I bought this TSV.

Mine have just arrived and I'm a bit underwhelmed, sadly. I don't know what I was expecting because the descriptions are pretty accurate, as are yours, but I think I was remembering the old excitement I used to get when new candles arrived and maybe the novelty has well and truly worn off.

I particularly dislike Wildflower Blooms - far too heady/sickly for me. Some will love it though. Yes, Peaches & Cream is rather nice and not too foodie. The blue one (Life's a Breeze, you mean) is a bit generic "sea", like Riviera Escape, so I can't get that excited.

What a miserable old bag I am today!

Mine have just arrived and I'm a bit underwhelmed, sadly. I don't know what I was expecting because the descriptions are pretty accurate, as are yours, but I think I was remembering the old excitement I used to get when new candles arrived and maybe the novelty has well and truly worn off.

I particularly dislike Wildflower Blooms - far too heady/sickly for me. Some will love it though. Yes, Peaches & Cream is rather nice and not too foodie. The blue one (Life's a Breeze, you mean) is a bit generic "sea", like Riviera Escape, so I can't get that excited.

What a miserable old bag I am today!

Awww AndiK, I'm so disappointed for you - I still get that tinge of excitement when new candles arrive but it does rather sound like your YC love affair is well and truly on the wane.

Certainly none of the trio is anything to rave about, but let's hope you have a better experience as and when you burn them...or are you going to send them back/sell them?

Mixed reviews! That is a shame but maybe the burn will not be overwhelming. Funny you should mention Riviera Escape. I have been burning one of the melts and My Lord it was strong! I had to switch the warmer off early most nights. That is very unusual for me with a fresh or floral and it has been downgraded on my spreadsheet.

:mysmilie_59:

Awww AndiK, I'm so disappointed for you - I still get that tinge of excitement when new candles arrive but it does rather sound like your YC love affair is well and truly on the wane.

Certainly none of the trio is anything to rave about, but let's hope you have a better experience as and when you burn them...or are you going to send them back/sell them?

That's sweet of you. I know I can count on fellow Yankee nuts to sympathise!

Yes, I am worried that it's over between Yankee Candles and me - well, as far as new additions are concerned ... I'd better not have gone off them altogether because I've got one or two (hundred) to get through here!

I doubt I'll send them back. I'll re-sniff over the next day or two and decide what to do (sometimes I find I change my mind about candle smells). I will probably keep the peach one and think about selling the others on eBay although, unusually for rare US fragrances that QVC gets, these three are only fetching £15-20 on eBay at the moment. Maybe the word has not got out about them yet so there is a buying frenzy to come, like there was on some of the Sound of Music ones.

Mixed reviews! That is a shame but maybe the burn will not be overwhelming. Funny you should mention Riviera Escape. I have been burning one of the melts and My Lord it was strong! I had to switch the warmer off early most nights. That is very unusual for me with a fresh or floral and it has been downgraded on my spreadsheet.

:mysmilie_59:

I like Riviera Escape more than I thought I would. When I first smelt it in a shop (didn't get from QVC), I thought "boring" but got it in votive form at some stage (must have been in a set) and have to agree about the strength. That little votive filled the room! I've since invested in a jar - again, I think it was in a set of three from Amazon or something. I'll have to burn it for short periods by the sound of things!

i wasnt going to get them as i got the set with fruit fusion in ect the other week but for the price of them i couldnt say no & cant wait to get them as your all describing what me & mum like bewteen us

Latest posts

Back